Ep1 is 62 mins long and called .....

Now that is an interesting title.

:thumbsup:

I think that probably Tyrion will leave the wall at the end of the ep3, or at the beginning of ep4.. and he will probably be captured by cat at the very beginning of episode 5

We've seen that the high road scene was Episode 4. I have been told that the pacing is really fast, and they keep it quite snappy.

Well they certainly need to. There is a lot to cover. I have assumed the ten episodes will cover the entirety of aGoT, but do we know that for certain? For instance do we know that scenes like Robb declaring himself King in the North and the birth of Dany's dragons are in Season 1?

For instance do we know that scenes like Robb declaring himself King in the North and the birth of Dany's dragons are in Season 1?

100% positively? Not sure. From hearing Emilia Clarke speak, i'm very confident they will have the dragon scene. There might be a little bit of doubt about the KotN but its a perfect way to end the season, so I suspect so.

Game of Thrones, the book, works perfectly as a single season, leading into a second season. We have, in order, as the last four chapters:

- Tyrion, appointed Hand by Tywin. "You will not take the whore to court." Tyrion telling Shae, "I'm taking you to Kings Landing".

- Jon, trying to desert, is brought back by his brothers. Mormont tells him they are going beyond the Wall. (Remember how that sounded the first time?)

- The King in the North

- Dragons.

Each scene is a great lead-in for its story thread to the next book, with each upping the stakes in dramatic impact. In particular ending the season with the King of the North followed by the Dragons scene as a one-two punch (and just like the book I think they will come in that order) is going to really whet people's appetite for the second season, assuming it happens. I can't imagine why they would mess with that.

People who have never read the book and didn't spoiler it are going to freak. Well, maybe not quite as much when Ned's head comes off.

I agree that the season should cover the entirety of the book, but casting decisions like no Edmure or Blackfish make me question how much of Robb at Riverrun we'll actually see.

I think The King in the North scene will happen, but it will happen after the Green Fork, probably in camp somewhere, rather than in Riverrun after the Battle of the Camps.

Well they certainly need to. There is a lot to cover. I have assumed the ten episodes will cover the entirety of aGoT, but do we know that for certain? For instance do we know that scenes like Robb declaring himself King in the North and the birth of Dany's dragons are in Season 1?

i am pretty sure that some scenes from ACOK will be in season 2 (for sure: arya leaving w/ yoren. Hot pie has been casted, lonny greenhans as well. guessing: jon leaving castle black w/ the NW. it's a better ending point for his arc)

Anyone think they may move neds beheading to the last episode? OTOH, We know they hired hotpie and lommy actors so they'll be going a little further in arya's timeline so maybe they'll have her start towards winterfell in ep 10 if they keep neds death where it falls in the book

Anyone think they may move neds beheading to the last episode?

I doubt it. There is a lot happening in the last episode without throwing that into the mix. Need to give the audience a chance to digest the beheading before you twist things even further.

Anyone think they may move neds beheading to the last episode?

End of episode 9 would be my guess.

The beheading happens and Arya is grabbed but we don't see by who.

Then in Ep 10 we have Yoren explaining things to her and them leaving Kings Landing (inc a scene of Lommy and Hot Pie making fun of Arry).

well this answers that My link

As the premiere date inches closer, Coster-Waldau is hoping Game of Thrones strikes a chord with audiences that love great drama in general. "I'm excited about the audience's reaction to the show as a whole," he enthuses and then teases wickedly, "but I am really curious to see what the reaction to the end of episode 9 will be."

Archived