Dragon Age 2

Relic

Tobin I thought you gave up WoW crack? Dont fall off the wagon now.

I did! been WoW free for over a year and a half now - but I had planned on giving Cataclysm a 10day trial.

Now since some prig popped the trail for me, I feel I should try to get some use out of it since I snatched my account back from his phat gold pharmer fingers.

I figured I could see everything I wanted to in 10 days (mostly intrested in the retooled kiddie zones), so there wouldn't be any threat of me getting addicted.

again. *crosses fingers*

More clarification from Bioware's community manager about what the deal is with the console versions auto-attack.

OK: Here is the story.

Auto-attack option for consoles was added in to the games late in the development cycle after the initial certification build was sent. The auto-attack functionality was sent to be added to the game for testing and approval. This was why staff said it was in game.

Due to an error during mastering' date=' the auto-attack file was omitted during manufacture.

We apologize for this. It was meant to be in game, but it is not currently in the console versions. We are working on how best to distribute this to console users. When we have information, we will let everyone know.[/quote']

I'm getting more cynical the more I go on. Why did they wait 'til NOW to finally comment on the matter? If they 'accidentally' left out auto-attack, what else did they 'accidentally' leave out?

No, I don't know where you got the impression that it was particularly small. It's not very important (its main export appear to be assassins) on the international stage since the king is weak, with various nobles and influential merchants vying for power.

I'm positive Zev refer's to it as being small. Though that could have been him referring to it's influence.

For anyone getting this on PC this can be grabbed from the social site. It's a little over a gig.

High Resolution Texture Pack for the PC version of Dragon Age II

This will add the option to enable higher detail replacements for most textures in game. A big difference will be noticed on level art especially.

Requirements:

Using high-resolution textures requires a graphics card with at least 1024MB video memory.

Most of the benefits from the Hi-resolution textures will only be seen if you are able to run the game in DirectX 11.

Due to an error during mastering, the auto-attack file was omitted during manufacture.

We apologize for this. It was meant to be in game, but it is not currently in the console versions. We are working on how best to distribute this to console users. When we have information, we will let everyone know.

W.T.F.

Oooh message board burn! Remove thy dagger from my back! Nice one dude, I'm in awe here.

Dick.

Anyway, Bioware is better than this lame excuse. Not even sure that I believe them.

Oooh message board burn! Remove thy dagger from my back! Nice one dude, I'm in awe here.

Dick.

Anyway, Bioware is better than this lame excuse. Not even sure that I believe them.

Quoted before you realise it was more than likely aimed at Bioware and edit your post.

OT: Hi-Res pack is a bonus.

For anyone getting this on PC this can be grabbed from the social site. It's a little over a gig.

High Resolution Texture Pack for the PC version of Dragon Age II

This is nice, but usually official high res textures for an AAA game don't require an additional 1GB download. Oh well, at least they're offering them for free rather than as paid DLC. Still, between this and the auto-attack, I think it would be better to wait -- it looks like the game was not quite finished.

Stuff getting undone by patching processes is actually relatively common, COH had several amusing instances of the latest patch undoing fixes done in the previous one for instance...

But I'm too busy being angry at americans for getting the game earlier than me.

This is nice, but usually official high res textures for an AAA game don't require an additional 1GB download.

My understanding is that most AAA games don't have high res textures at all, because consoles can't handle them.

I'm supposed to be getting my copy at lunch today - so we'll see.

I've seen patch fixes get overwritten by later editions, but leaving auto-attack out of a published build is kinda serious.

If it was for the PC, they'd just push a patch - but with consoles? :dunno:

Dick.

Noooooo I'm melllllttttttinnnnnnnnnggggggggg!

I was referring to Bioware, but now it's both of you.

Looks like the reviews aren't as overall favourable as DA:O, but still pretty good (assuming you don't subscribe to the belief reviews are bought).

Gamespot PC review. Apparently they didn't like the overall story but the writing itself was solid. Other than that have many of the same complaints as the PC players here... namely the simplifications made and less an emphasis on tactics.

IGN 360 review

By the way, anyone want a free Mass Effect 2/DA: O code for Blood Dragon Armour? Apparently it transfers over to Dragon Age 2 as well.

PM me.

(The code is for the 360 but looking at my entitlements, it should work for the PC/Mac version of ME2 and the PS3/PC/Mac versions of DA2.)

Gone

Archived