Father vows to kill son's murderer if released

Waldo Frey

The statement from the grieving father certain gained a lot of supports. Mr. Woodmansee did the crime when he was 16 years old (1975). He confessed and put in jail since 1983. Now he is 52.

1. Does a 28 years sentence make him rehabilitatable? or it is just how the prison system works?

2. What happens to the so-called prison justice? People like him shouldn't survive in prison.

3. Does Mr.Foreman reveal his hand too early, or he just wanted to scare that pert?

That's a long time to hold on to hate. My brother felt and said similar things about our sister's killer, but that was when the wound was still new. I am not sure if he still feels that way. (this year was 20 years for us). I know my mom still holds onto the hate.

as to the questions: 1)it is just how it works; 2)who knows what was done to him in prison. there are a lot of things worse than death; 3)I hope he is just letting off steam, but I suspect his hate has eaten at him and festered for years.

I don't know what its like to have kids. But I figure I'd be mighty pissed if someone murdered my 5 year old son, ate him, and kept a journal about it. I would take that hate to the grave, and maybe even not care if that's what put me there. Not sayin' its right, but I don't blame the father one bit.

If he was really going to kill him though, he probably wouldn't have come out like this. I bet he (mostly) said it in the hopes that the state would keep him in prison

When you read what few details they are willing to tell you it is shocking enough. I have to wonder just how bad the rest is but even so there is no way someone who could do that can be regarded as sane. Why hasn't he already been committed to a institution for the criminally insane?

I feel for the father especially the fact that he had largely come to grips with what happened until being so forcefully reminded. The system has failed here and if the father did end up shooting the killer then imo it is the system that should go on trail. I hope he doesn't kill him since it would be just one more tragedy in that families life.

If the father doesn't someone should. This filth should have been cleaned a long time ago.

Agreed, that animal shouldnt even be allowed to see the sun. One of the reasons that he is getting out early is the way the states good behavoir laws work. From what I read every month of good behavior gets your sentance reduced by 10 days. Every month you work more than 15 days also lowers your sentance by another 2 days. So if you work and arnt a total whack job in prison you get 12 days per month off your sentance or 144 days a year. So basicly your sentance is reduced by 40%. Now most states only require you to serve 1/3rd of a sentance before parole, so damn talk about getting out early.

The statement from the grieving father certain gained a lot of supports. Mr. Woodmansee did the crime when he was 16 years old (1975). He confessed and put in jail since 1983. Now he is 52.

1. Does a 28 years sentence make him rehabilitatable? or it is just how the prison system works?

2. What happens to the so-called prison justice? People like him shouldn't survive in prison.

3. Does Mr.Foreman reveal his hand too early, or he just wanted to scare that pert?

"Prison justice"? You mean the assaults and rapes and crimes perpetrated on inmates who are supposed to be wards of the state, not subjected to vigilante notions of revenge? Prison is NOT supposed to be torture; nor is it supposed to be a place that is a danger to those inside it.

The father is wrong and misguided. Vigilante crap has no place in a truly civil society. Hes expressing homicidal ideation and intent? Says he WILL kill this man? Well, HE should be evaluated in a psych hospital for his expressions that indicate he is a danger to society.

Very little rehab takes place in prison; prison is rather barbaric and savage in its treatment of inmates. I dont know what programs this inmate went through and what attempts at rehab took place.

And "civil committment" is a horrid concept; once the jail term is complete there is no reason to imprison the inmate. IF its believed the inmate is such a danger, the ORIGINAL sentence should have been longer. UNLESS the inmate says he WILL kill again, then he to, should be evaluated in a psych hospital for his homicidal beliefs.

"Prison justice"? You mean the assaults and rapes and crimes perpetrated on inmates who are supposed to be wards of the state, not subjected to vigilante notions of revenge? Prison is NOT supposed to be torture; nor is it supposed to be a place that is a danger to those inside it.

The father is wrong and misguided. Vigilante crap has no place in a truly civil society. Hes expressing homicidal ideation and intent? Says he WILL kill this man? Well, HE should be evaluated in a psych hospital for his expressions that indicate he is a danger to society.

Very little rehab takes place in prison; prison is rather barbaric and savage in its treatment of inmates. I dont know what programs this inmate went through and what attempts at rehab took place.

And "civil committment" is a horrid concept; once the jail term is complete there is no reason to imprison the inmate. IF its believed the inmate is such a danger, the ORIGINAL sentence should have been longer. UNLESS the inmate says he WILL kill again, then he to, should be evaluated in a psych hospital for his homicidal beliefs.

Fine. Let him move in next to you

I'd want him evaluated if he didn't harbor some homicidal revenge fantasies towards the murderer of his child.

Again, doesn't make it right to act on it. But vigilantism as a concept doesn't bother me too much in extreme circumstances. What this guy did to his son and family was about the worst you could inflict on another human being. I wouldn't begrudge the man a little revenge for revenge's sake.

HE should be evaluated in a psych hospital for his expressions that indicate he is a danger to society.

Eh, I wouldn't say a danger to society, to the murderer? yes.

But I mean, killing and eating a kid, and then getting caught when he tried to kill and eat another kid, that shit screams death penalty to me. Rehabilitation can't fix what's a clearly mis-wired brain, man's defective, ought to be culled.

I can understand where the father is coming from, but I do not approve, and neither should society.

As for the people approving, I guess you've just missed a few decades, sorry but we won't be able to ship you back to 15th century, you'll have to adjust.

When you read what few details they are willing to tell you it is shocking enough. I have to wonder just how bad the rest is but even so there is no way someone who could do that can be regarded as sane. Why hasn't he already been committed to a institution for the criminally insane?

Prison's cheaper, sad but true.

As for the father. No comment I have no idea what I would feel in such a situation and have no desire to try and imagine it.

ETA to late. Still I don't think that the father should be allowed to get near the murderer. Eye of and eye and all that.

Eh, I wouldn't say a danger to society, to the murderer? yes.

But I mean, killing and eating a kid, and then getting caught when he tried to kill and eat another kid, that shit screams death penalty to me. Rehabilitation can't fix what's a clearly mis-wired brain, man's defective, ought to be culled.

You know I actually think this is an appropriate time to Godwin this thread. I mean seriously buddy re-read that sentence.

How is he a danger to society?

He's a danger to one murderer. That's it.

No-one to shed tears over.

As a father of a 5 year old girl and a 4 month old girl, I would feel very much as the father does now. The details of the murder would be hard to leave behind. The thought either of my daughters being sexually assaulted, stabbed through the heart and eaten would be very difficult to come to terms with in any way. The only hope for the murderer is that I would have a living child that would need me. However, with a 30 year sentence my surviving child would have reached adulthood and I would be more willing to end the murderers life.

I'd want him evaluated if he didn't harbor some homicidal revenge fantasies towards the murderer of his child.

Again, doesn't make it right to act on it. But vigilantism as a concept doesn't bother me too much in extreme circumstances. What this guy did to his son and family was about the worst you could inflict on another human being. I wouldn't begrudge the man a little revenge for revenge's sake.

Vigilantism is always wrong. If one person believes it is OK to kill a person because they did something that is disliked, what makes it then NOT OK for anyone to kill anyone for their own reasons which they may believe are good?

I am pro life. I do NOT agree with what Eric Roedder did, in killing that abortionist, and that could be said to be a vigilante act. If we excuse Mr. Roedder, what of the people who think gays poison society, so wish to kill them to spare the nation the "evils" of homosexuality? What of racists who would kill the race they deem inferior, in order to protect what they see as the larger whole?

And this man is no different. His child was brutally killed. That is NOT an excuse or reason to kill the man who did it. And a civil society should not at all sanction such beliefs.

How is he a danger to society?

He's a danger to one murderer. That's it.

No-one to shed tears over.

He is a danger to society because he believes he has the right to kill someone else for an act that they did, an act he dislikes, hates, was horrified by. Anyone who feels they can kill those who have offended their sensibilities, for whatever reason they may feel so, is a danger to society.

If he hates that his child was killed, then killing another should be the last thing he would wish to do. Of course, if he believes killing non consenting people is OK, then yes, he would seek to do it to others. Which in my view makes this man a danger to society as a whole.

Archived