Unpopular Opinions

The thing i seem to be in the minority about is some of the pov's.

Most people seem to think the Greyjoy pov's in AFFC were boring, but i enjoyed a good amount of them. particular Asha's and the Kingsmoot.

also a lot of people seem to dislike Brans chapters, i was with you until the Reeds showed up, now i look forward to them.

Alot of people hate on Sansa, but i like her. I like bran's chapters as well, I consider him the closest thing to a main character in this series (since ned died). Yea jon, and dany are probably more important in the long run, but I still think bran's warging powers will be instrumental in the end; It looks like it was developed story-wise very early in the series and is probably planned out to be important in the end. How, i can't say though aside from maybe personally taking over a dragon lol.

I'm also not a big fan of the Arya chapters since the 4th book. Her story is a bit too unrealistic/fantastical atm for a little girl. While its kind of cool that she will probably become an assassin its still kinda like wtf.... lol

I like the idea of SanSan but with the stipulation that fully-trained Arya should kill Sandor afterwards, while she checks off the list of her prayer names. Arya ruins EVERYTHING of Sansa's, after all.

I have no problem with Dany's progressively increasing power or her quick progression to an entitled attitude. It reads very naturally to me.

I think Jon will break his vows (for the hundredth time) OR they will become obsolete. The NW is down to 300 men and rapidly decreasing, and the Wall could conceivably be brought down by the Horn

My general Catelyn hate.

Alot of people hate on Sansa, but i like her. I like bran's chapters as well, I consider him the closest thing to a main character in this series (since ned died). Yea jon, and dany are probably more important in the long run, but I still think bran's warging powers will be instrumental in the end; It looks like it was developed story-wise very early in the series and is probably planned out to be important in the end. How, i can't say though aside from maybe personally taking over a dragon lol.

How about warging wights?

Bronn, after so many petty wars and conflicts as the Others are lurking, there is a part of me that is also ready to accept such a grim development. But it's not really a good ending, is it? They will most likely be deafeated, but with a very high price (and the winners almost certainly won't be called goodies). LotR was a fairy tale and ASoIaF is so much different, so the Others prevailing is a legitimate opinion. I don't see how any other opinion can top this as most unpopular, so I'm calling you a winner here :thumbsup:

Bronn, after so many petty wars and conflicts as the Others are lurking, there is a part of me that is also ready to accept such a grim development. But it's not really a good ending, is it? They will most likely be deafeated, but with a very high price (and the winners almost certainly won't be called goodies). LotR was a fairy tale and ASoIaF is so much different, so the Others prevailing is a legitimate opinion. I don't see how any other opinion can top this as most unpopular, so I'm calling you a winner here :thumbsup:

Thank you Ser.

I stick by the same reasoning that I have held for quite a time; both the War of the Usurper and the War of Five Kings has left the land crippled. And soon enough we can expect the Conquest of Westeros by Dany and co. further crippling the land. And an isolated NW calls out for help and no one will listen.

A fragmented North with Iron men attacking it will not respond to the call, and the South has its own affairs, and thus incompetence and playing "the game" will lead to the decimation of the Westerosi people. The bittersweetness could come from Westeros falls, but the characters we come to love survive as opposed to the characters die, but Westeros is safe.

A tragic ending would be most befitting for this series.

There will be a happy ending, I'm sure of it.

Others are, as the name says itself, other sentient species. They are children of the forest, or a fraction of them who refused to collaborate with human ocupation and retreated deep in the North. After gaining strength they intend to claim what is rightfully theirs - Westeros. Finally kicking humans into the Narrow sea, to where they came from, it will institute the true happy end and the message we must agree to -- the genocide doesn't pay off at the end.

I'm a huge Theon fan. A lot of people hate him but you can't deny he's such a brilliantly developed character.

I also love Robb. People say he's generic but he's the character I most identify with.

I think Arya is the most overrated character in the series and Dany was only good for a few chapters in ASoS.

The best ending would be for Littlefinger to end up on top.

My unpopular opinion: I like Varys. Yes, you heard (read) me right :eek:

I won't get into it as you'll tear me apart if I supply some reasons, so I'll leave it at that.

Hey, so do I!

Archived