Unpopular Opinions

I should start running now, right?

That's is correct. There's a water station five miles down where you can get some liquid before you continue. If you make it that far. :P

Some of my seemingly unpopular views are the follwing, for which I do not doubt that alot of people will be somewhat provoced, but oh well.

Jon is not a Targ but only Ned's bastard

Tywin would've been the best candidate for king in the entire book series

The Starks had it coming, and both them and the Tullys only have themselves to blame for their misery

The Blackfish is a boring character

I hate Bronn in every way, although I hate Littlefinger even more but I do not know how unpopular that really is

I like Cersei

I don't fault Theon for turning against his prison wardens (I hope I got this name right :))

I don't care for Arya and she's pretty purposeless now in the story

Sansa is from start to finish a highly symphatic character

The Red Viper bored me from the start, so with all the other "damn-I-am-so-cool!" knights that run around with various melodramatic nicknames and bad attitude

Hoster Tully is an oppertunistic asshole and I find the Freys' rebellion highly ironic in terms of the Tully's own history of rebellion

I don't think that Jon will ever leave the Night's Watch

Daenerys will be the next big villain of the series

I hope the Boltons stand as the new ruling House of the north at the end of the series

I liked Catelyn and thought that she was highly symphatic

I despise Renly for being an power hungry amorale prick

I like Melisandra and thinks that she's a perfectly ok girl

I hope Bran and Rickon dies as soon as possible and I find their existance tedious

Sansa is my favorite character - I love her development from start to finish. I don't think Jaime has changed a bit beyond the fact that he no longer likes Cersei and posts scouts now. And Cersei is also one of my favorite characters who I find quite a bit sympathetic.

I like the idea of SanSan but with the stipulation that fully-trained Arya should kill Sandor afterwards, while she checks off the list of her prayer names. Arya ruins EVERYTHING of Sansa's, after all.

:lmao:

Thank you Ser.

I stick by the same reasoning that I have held for quite a time; both the War of the Usurper and the War of Five Kings has left the land crippled. And soon enough we can expect the Conquest of Westeros by Dany and co. further crippling the land. And an isolated NW calls out for help and no one will listen.

A fragmented North with Iron men attacking it will not respond to the call, and the South has its own affairs, and thus incompetence and playing "the game" will lead to the decimation of the Westerosi people. The bittersweetness could come from Westeros falls, but the characters we come to love survive as opposed to the characters die, but Westeros is safe.

A tragic ending would be most befitting for this series.

I would LOVE this ending :D

*I found Viserys' evolution in AGOT to be a little contrived. No hunted young prince would have lasted so many years if he was that much of a suicidal retard.

*I believe, and hope, that Jon is simply Ned's bastard son.

*I liked the "bad" Jaime from the beginning of AGOT much more than the one-handed "improved" one. The lack of any kind of remorse was the thing that made him interesting for me.

*I've actually enjoyed AFFC quite a lot.

I'm probably forgetting many of them right now.

I've never seen anyone hate Bronn. But that person who hates Bronn seems to hate all "badass" characters so I guess it's not surprising.

I wouldn't say that. I think Roose is cool, I like all the Greyjoys, Jaime should be king simply so we can see even more of him, Sandor is awesome etc. But a selected number of the badass characters simply don't seem to fit my taste, nothing strange with that. :)

Agreed! I've never been able to figure out why people are so enthralled with this character

Agreed! :)

and for my first post..............

Melisandre is likely one of the most dangerous villains in the series. She is SO setting up Stannis (and the NW, and all Westeros) for being wiped out.

Think about it - her faith has become that of Stannis (at least in the eyes of everybody else), which has led to Stannis being cut off from his legitimate forces, and added to the instability of the kingdom. She has claimed responsibility (and might have actually ensured) the deaths of 2 of the strongest leaders in the north (Robb and Papa Greyjoy), allowing 2 very dangerous men (Roose and Croweye) to take power.

Everything she says about light vs dark is easily refuted. Fire and ice (the wall) do NOT get along.

Next - hmmmmmmm. Thoros brings life as a gift from the lord of light.....she spawns death. She's given Stannis a "fake" sword.......and, nothing in what Davos was told of the first forging of Lightbringer and it's use against the Others by his pirate buddy, fits with this whole "blood of a king and stone dragons" idea.

Remember, the original wielder killed his much beloved wife, at her request, ie, a true sacrifice. The deaths of Edric or Mance's son? not even close.

plus, i think that this entire "Arya, super-ninja", is a misreading of her future. It's too simplistic, and Martin doesn't go simple. The Faceless men are about responsibility, and duty; reasons why she is currently blind.

Personally, i think she is being trained to think about her actions, to know WHEN to kill, and who, and to understand she isn't alone. I mean, seriously, the kindly old man? he knows everything about her, would he really waste such a powerful "tool" as a mere killer for hire?

I don't like the Starks, except for Sansa.

I especially don't like Ned, Robb and Arya, all quite beloved characters.

I like all the Lannisters, except for Joffrey.

Gregor Clegane is one of my favorite characters, despite being complete monster.

I so cheered for him against Oberyn, to whom I am indifferent at best.

I wasn't crushed by the Red Wedding. Or Ned's beheading, for that matter.

I hate the R+L=J theory. Sadly for me, it's probably true, no matter how much I don't want it.

I don't hate Theon for betraying the Starks. Though I still think he's a dick as a person.

I don't think that Dany will get the Iron Throne at the end.

Also, she's totally barren (for real, there are speculations that she isn't) or at least I hope so.

I find Euron Greyjoy intriguing (many readers found him weakly written), can't wait to see what's up his sleeve.

The Martells are lame. The Tyrells are cool.

There's nothing wrong with Darkstar as a character, I never got how or why he became a joke amongst the fans.

I haven't seen anyone say this yet but Tyrion annoys the shit out of me. He comes across as a whiny and bitter person with the whole "I saved all these people they should be bowing down and thanking me." We get it, you helped contribute to the victory but Kings Landing still would have fallen if it wasn't for Tywin and the Tyrells. And speaking of Tywin, I think Tyrion has some bad shit coming his way now that hes a kinslayer and I can't wait to read it. Oh and with all that said I still love reading his chapters because so much cool stuff seems to happen during them.

I like Dany's storyline, people say that she goes from weak to strong too fast to make it realistic but Genghis Khan went from being a ten year old living in the mountains with five brothers to having a small band of outcasts when he was in mid twenties and then Leader of the Entire mongol tribes by his mid thirties then to conquering most of china to the middle east.

Also i preferred Jaime when he was a remorsefulness killer but i feel he has to replace Tyrion as the voice of reason in KL

Cersei is my second favorite Character, and has always been sympathetic.

Cersei/Ned shipping is winning (But that comes more from the amazing chemistry of Sean Bean and Lena Headey.)

Jon should ice Dany at some point.

Jayne + Robb = Jon's Ward in the Red Keep at the end of the Series.

Greyjoys are Joyless chapters.

Tommen Lannister will become one of the greatest knights in the realm and will be a commanding officer in the rebellion against "The Mad Queen" Dany.

Jamie and Cersei have a happy ending.

Dragons die, but leave eggs behind.

John/Sansa ... King and Queen of Westros and Arya is their Commander of the Kingsguard.

"Promise me, Jon." :mellow:

I don't think I read the books right?

LOL!

:unsure:

I despise Renly for being an power hungry amorale prick

I like Cersei

I like Melisandra and thinks that she's a perfectly ok girl

There seems to be a little conflict here :P I don't think there are any more amoral and power hungry characters than Cersei and Melisandre

For me, Jaime is my favorite character and the Starks made their bed and are now sleeping in it. The only kid that hasn't reaped what s/he sowed yet is Arya IMO, and potentially Jon.

Archived