Board etiquette shift?

Balefont

Fez,

Damnit I asked her first. Laura (my wife) would understand after all how many bacon scented women are there on the planet?

Yes but I saw the post first. I was just struck dumb by the wondrous nature of such a thing and took some time before being able to craft an appropriate declaration of love. By the time I was ready to, you had sneaked in like some sort of woman-stealing sneaky person!

You know, we haven't had an epic meltdown 'I'M LEAVING' thread in a while. I always enjoy those.

If we left we doubt you would even notice.

Would it kill you to say nice things about us every now and then?

I hope there's not a change. I think a big problem is that the board is growing -- sometimes by double digits, day-to-day -- and the mods really are hard-pressed to keep on top of all the activity.

Would appointing some new mods be an answer to that (not that I'm volunteering, I don't have the spare time to be a mod - just wondering).

I've only really noticed the name-calling in the US politics threads - it serves a purpose, because it lets me know I can start scanning the posts instead of reading them until I hit something with actual useful information in it. :P

I propose that we form a Minipax division within the board, to assist the moderators. These chosen servants of the people will monitor ALL board activity and report any and all suspicious and/or offensive board behaviors. Retaliation shall be swift and merciless, with violators being summarily banned or restricted solely to TTTNE.

I propose that we form a Minipax division within the board, to assist the moderators. These chosen servants of the people will monitor ALL board activity and report any and all suspicious and/or offensive board behaviors. Retaliation shall be swift and merciless, with violators being summarily banned or restricted solely to TTTNE.

Hey now. TTTNE, while sometimes in poor taste (I personally don't care for the taste of spam, myself, even chocolate covered), and always suspicious, is rarely offensive (though apparently is defensive). Incidently, you can get bacon there on demand, pretty much.

I've noticed a slight increase, and like Ran, I do think it has something to do with a higher influx of folks; not necessarily b/c there's not enough moderator-hours to go around, but because it's much easier to subsume a couple of people into the culture than ten times that many. If one or two people show up making highly antagonistic posts or engaging in general douchebaggery, they tend to get moderated (literally or simply by the other boarders), while if ten show up like that, then to each of them, douchebaggery seems part of the norm, since nine other folks are doing it too - and it's more difficult to know where to begin in handling it.

Archived