Board etiquette shift?

Balefont

Ali, if you smell like bacon in May, I'm going to as nicely as possible ask you to shower. I can't abide the smell of bacon right now. :(

Reason #73 why pregnancy sucks.

Maybe you can shower with me to soften the blow? :P

< leers >

Yeah, I get annoyed by nubs who think their opinion matters. Like Balefont.

Pfft. 8 years is hardly n00b, ye ole cranky bastid.

More mods is probably a very good idea, actually. It's about time for it...

< coughs >

< clears throat >

< scuffs the floor >

< looks at black streak left on floor from scuffing >

Oops.

I can behave. I swear I can be a good girl.

I hope there's not a change. I think a big problem is that the board is growing -- sometimes by double digits, day-to-day -- and the mods really are hard-pressed to keep on top of all the activity.

Name-calling in threads definitely something I've never been keen on, so far as is possible to stop it. Reporting it when you see it, if you don't want to call out someone in public, would be very helpful.

Obviously you need to deputize a bunch of people and have them clear out the rabble. i volunteer myself. and stego.

When did everyone first start posting. I started in March or April of 03 right before my daughter was born. That 's the only reason I have a specific recollection of when I stared. It was on the old EZboard site.

I date myself by what I was here for and not here for.

I was here for the great sparkling wine controversy, hovercars, lumber boy and preparation for the fl00b.

I missed the original discussion of the terrain of the Ottoman Empire, Os (pretty generally) and all things EZ Board related.

:lol: No, not me, Scot. I was thinking more like from Ran's post here describing the various boards. We'd have the insidethewebbers looking down on everyone else, then the Dragonstoners, and so on down through to the last of the pre-April-17th joiners. And then Castellan Hauberk et al would come back and lead the latest Restoration. :P

with violators being summarily banned or restricted solely to TTTNE.

Why would we choose between the extremes of bad and best?

Oh wait, maybe you were trying to increase acrimony on the board and provoke me into calling you a name. The genius of your plan....

asshole

I propose that we form a Minipax division within the board, to assist the moderators. These chosen servants of the people will monitor ALL board activity and report any and all suspicious and/or offensive board behaviors. Retaliation shall be swift and merciless, with violators being summarily banned or restricted solely to TTTNE.

I really don't understand this and find it greatly insulting. (not joking, btw)

eta: :lol: I see the lawyers beat me to it.

Who said the board was less cliqueish? they might not have been correct.

I'm surprised and a little disappointed that more of the fl00b hasn't arrived in GC - especially since Ran said there actually are a lot of new members joining.

I think there might be a delay even after the show comes out. I bet people that really like the show will get the books and read them, some will then find the board, likely starting with the book threads... then some of those will filter into GC. I could be underestimating it though if we're already seeing daily double-digit membership increases.

As far as MOD-ship goes, I'm kinda surprised anyone wants the job. Seems suspiciously like work to me.

I really don't understand this and find it greatly insulting. (not joking, btw)

Its a simple Orwell joke, I'm pretty sure. 'Minipax' was newspeak for Ministry of Peace in 1984.

Archived