World of Warcraft

Solmyr

The disco explanations make my head hurt.

Which is actually pretty funny - I found myself thinking "That's why I like PvP, so much simpler..."

Except, really, it's not, it's just that I know affliction inside and out, and I'm currently too aware of what I'm trying to make habit with the priest.

Funny Disc story - After Tol Barad last night, a bitter human priest tried to gank me. Evidently, he believed conventional wisdom that Disc is well nigh-unkillable 1v1, and aff has 0 damage. It went badly for him; holy fire and mana burn just don't have what it takes.

Lyanna -what add-ons are you using, btw?

The disco explanations make my head hurt.

Which is actually pretty funny - I found myself thinking "That's why I like PvP, so much simpler..."

Except, really, it's not, it's just that I know affliction inside and out, and I'm currently too aware of what I'm trying to make habit with the priest.

Funny Disc story - After Tol Barad last night, a bitter human priest tried to gank me. Evidently, he believed conventional wisdom that Disc is well nigh-unkillable 1v1, and aff has 0 damage. It went badly for him; holy fire and mana burn just don't have what it takes.

Lyanna -what add-ons are you using, btw?

Don't fret, Disco is the hardest healing spec to get the hang of. Once you know it, it's fine, but it has a pretty steep initial learning curve.

The basics are really once your shield breaks you get mana back, and once it has happened, it cannot happen again for 12 sec. So know your limits when it comes to shield spamming.

I use a bucket loads of UI addons like Bartender, PitBull, SexyMap etc, but specifically for healing and/or Disc I only use GRID, fairly straight forward macros and Ingela's Rapture counter.

EDIT: Yay finally got a little time to get some work in on Raggy. Getting to phase 3 (the one with the exploding little addsies) and then half the raid have their graphics cards overload and we can't do shit. :lol:

EDIT: Yay finally got a little time to get some work in on Raggy. Getting to phase 3 (the one with the exploding little addsies) and then half the raid have their graphics cards overload and we can't do shit. :lol:

That is kinda funny. :lol:

Add to Elevator Boss and Attendance Boss: Hardware Boss. :lol:

I feel this pain. Way back in the day, I had this crappy laptop I had to play on and when we were on Lady Vashj, I would lag disconnect nearly every attempt. Then when I tried to log back in, I would disconnect on the loading screen, because loading up what was going on in the fight was too much for that poor machine to handle.

And you just know the first person who disconnects is going to get chased by a meteor immediately afterwards. The WOW gods wouldn't have it any other way.

Darkmoon Faire changes in next patch. Significant, and also making it more relevant again for max level characters -

http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=194312/patch-4-3-darkmoon-faire

this in particular caught my eye

"and even replicas of long-lost suits of armor that we’re offering for your Transmogrification needs. "

I feel this pain. Way back in the day, I had this crappy laptop I had to play on and when we were on Lady Vashj, I would lag disconnect nearly every attempt. Then when I tried to log back in, I would disconnect on the loading screen, because loading up what was going on in the fight was too much for that poor machine to handle.

And you just know the first person who disconnects is going to get chased by a meteor immediately afterwards. The WOW gods wouldn't have it any other way.

While I have never experienced it - each time we have someone call out "DCing/Lag" one of our raiders always fits in a "Tears Lag" comment. Someday I'll actually get in there to see what it's like...

While I have never experienced it - each time we have someone call out "DCing/Lag" one of our raiders always fits in a "Tears Lag" comment. Someday I'll actually get in there to see what it's like...

Bro, I swear, I totally clicked them on time, they just didn't go off......

What, the Darkmoon Faire is going to get the Transmogrification thingimajig? If it gets me an easier way to get rep with the Darkmoon faire dudes, I am all for it. OMW to get 50 Exalted reputations so I'll be happy with anything I can get.

As of now, I am aiming to break 10k achivement points. On 9.6k something at the moment so fishing for fairly simple stuff to do to get me across. Unfortunately it probably means I'll have to go do some PvP which is annoying for several reasons. I can't be bothered to grind out the gear, and I also can't be bothered to drop one of my raid PvE specs. And I haven't really PvPed as Disc since Burning Crusade.

Does anyone know what the tactics are for Battle of Gilneas and Twin Peaks? How annoying are they on a scale of annoyingness? "Decent" like Alterac Valley (i.e. you can be in there without being constantly camped and insta gibbed on res, and occasionally good tactics will win the day) or "hideously terrible" like WSG (GY camping ftl and zerging midfield)? What resilience levels should I aim for to be even remotely useful asa healer? Heard 3.5k bandied about, but I don't really have any point of reference.

Bro, I swear, I totally clicked them on time, they just didn't go off......

Jesus Christ, don't remind me :( My old guild manage to wipe there constantly despite bringing 6 shammies for tremor totems. Guess what the reason was, mainly...

Jesus Christ, don't remind me :( My old guild manage to wipe there constantly despite bringing 6 shammies for tremor totems. Guess what the reason was, mainly...

bad heals? :D

gonna kick a puppy. ya know what's mildly rewarding? calling out the GM for being hit by flame waves three times in a row. we lost people to some of the dumbest things on Rag - flame waves, standing alone during seeds, some how people not being able to count to 8 to ID what add they get.

felt badly for our OT when we killed Domo - the kitty staff dropped 2x, but he was sitting since we all ready had 3 MS trees and didn't really need a 4th. he'll tank it next week and hopefully it will drop then.

I hopped on my rogue, whom I've been neglecting, and did Heroic Grim Batol for (apparently) the first time on her. This is a character ineligible for troll heroics, with an average ilvl of 335. At first I thought I had forgotten how to play a rogue when I saw my atrocious DPS -- rogue DPS on trash has always been poor, but jesus. Then we got to a boss and I did like 15k+. Rogues best class.

bad heals? :D

gonna kick a puppy. ya know what's mildly rewarding? calling out the GM for being hit by flame waves three times in a row. we lost people to some of the dumbest things on Rag - flame waves, standing alone during seeds, some how people not being able to count to 8 to ID what add they get.

felt badly for our OT when we killed Domo - the kitty staff dropped 2x, but he was sitting since we all ready had 3 MS trees and didn't really need a 4th. he'll tank it next week and hopefully it will drop then.

How do you handle the stack for seed phase btw? We stack at the edge of raggy's fire in the middle, but the AOE damage is barely survivable, frame rates drop to 0, and then we invariably get a fire area in melee at least once during that phase, have to run out, but due to lag half the raid can't fucking move, and we wipe. Or we managed to move and get hammered instead. Had like 10 tries and this happened on 8 out of ten tries. Rest were add fail. I feel like a change of tactic might be a good idea, but not sure what would work. I have lowered almost all my graphics settings to low and I still drop down to ridiculous frame rates during the seed AOE phase.

Archived