Littlefinger Featurette

Love the shot at the end of him before the Iron Throne. And he seems to get the character. "That when I'm at my sharpest, at my best... and having fun."

Also the dude who plays Varys reminds me of George Dawes. He's a baby! He's a baby!

As someone on this board once said (forgot who) "Aiden is more Littlefinger than Littlefinger". Dream casting, and lots of fodder for my love of creepy hot guys on the screen (not IRL).

As I had pointed out a while back, I was a little meh about the casting of Fairley because I just couldn't envision LF carrying a torch for her any longer. But I guess it's more about what used to be than what is, hence his obsession with Sansa. But still, he is so much hotter than she is - however, she is a good actress so I'm fine with it. :)

As I had pointed out a while back, I was a little meh about the casting of Fairley because I just couldn't envision LF carrying a torch for her any longer. But I guess it's more about what used to be than what is, hence his obsession with Sansa.

Simpson's quote: "Mr Burns"

Of course' date=' by then, Mimsy had her share of wrinkles and a greyhair or two, but my adoring eye saw past those minor imperfections -- to her 21-year-old daughter, Lily,"[/quote']

That brief bit of a scene with Aidan and Sophie was REALLY creepy. I hope that when the full conversation is fleshed out, the creepy factor is lessened. Because that was straight out mustache-twirling villain, tie you to a railroad track. LF's a BIT more subtle than that.

That brief bit of a scene with Aidan and Sophie was REALLY creepy. I hope that when the full conversation is fleshed out, the creepy factor is lessened. Because that was straight out mustache-twirling villain, tie you to a railroad track. LF's a BIT more subtle than that.

I got less of a mustache-twirling vibe, but more of a "let's seal this deal before Chris Hansen show up" one. Brrr! Love it, perfect casting! :thumbsup:

Also: Varys seems like he's gonna be pretty awesome as well.

As I had pointed out a while back, I was a little meh about the casting of Fairley because I just couldn't envision LF carrying a torch for her any longer. But I guess it's more about what used to be than what is, hence his obsession with Sansa. But still, he is so much hotter than she is - however, she is a good actress so I'm fine with it. :)

Up to this point I've had no problem at all with Fairly. I've thought that it was somewhat sexist that people have constantly harped on her for looking to old, but not said a thing about Sean Bean, who looks just as old as Fairly, if not older. At any rate, I think that Michelle Fairly is an attractive woman, and is Sean Bean's equal looks wise.

However, ashamed as I am to admit it, a part of me agrees with you on the Littlefinger/ Cat assessment here. I mean, LF is so shallow, I could not picture him obsessing for so long over a woman who was anything but smoking hot. Furthermore, I've always gotten the impression that, found though he is of Sansa, she has always been a consolation prize to him. Can't have his dream girl, so he'll take her daughter. But in this version it seems like any man would probably consider Sansa the first prize, and Cat a distant second (or even a non contender, at this point.)

I also thought that they could have found an actress who resembled the girl who plays Sansa a bit better. I mean, their similar appearance is made such a big deal of (especially in regards to Littlefinger)that one would think they'd find two actresses with a strong resemblence going on. I just don't see that between Fairly and the Sansa actress. (But I could be totally wrong here.)

Anyway, I think LF looks great, and Sansa and Cat as well. I just feel like I'm questioning the Cat casting for the first time after seeing this video.

However, ashamed as I am to admit it, a part of me agrees with you on the Littlefinger/ Cat assessment here. I mean, LF is so shallow, I could not picture him obsessing for so long over a woman who was anything but smoking hot.

I don't know where you get that from. His relationship with Catelyn gives us a fleeting insight into the inner life of Littlefinger, which I think is a lot different from the persona he projects to the world.

I think deep down he's still that bookish, awkward, romantic kid that got humiliated by Brandon Stark- one of the cool kids. What drew him to Catelyn was probably not just her looks but the fact that she was kind to him when other highborn girls would probably have held him in contempt.

What drew him to Catelyn was probably not just her looks but the fact that she was kind to him when other highborn girls would probably have held him in contempt.

Yes. I don't think LF is shallow. He didn't pick Cat because she was the most beautiful woman in the world. He saw more to her than that. There must have been a reason why he picked her over Lysa. And its also why he trains Sansa. He sees more to Sansa than that too.

And it is hard enough to find a young actress. Trying to find one that looks like her mother would have been very challenging (especially since they had to replace the mother).

But in this version it seems like any man would probably consider Sansa the first prize, and Cat a distant second

She is very young.

I think deep down he's still that bookish, awkward, romantic kid that got humiliated by Brandon Stark- one of the cool kids. What drew him to Catelyn was probably not just her looks but the fact that she was kind to him when other highborn girls would probably have held him in contempt.

I agree with this. I also had the impression that his fixation on Cat was also partly his longing for the better things in life. She was kind to him and perhaps, at least partially, he saw his chance to solidify his standing in the noble ranks. He knew his worth and felt slighted that no one else could see past his humble title and inheritance to think him worthy of the woman he wanted. I think combining both of those could fuel a powerful obsession.

I'm confused where this assumption comes from that the actress playing Catelyn couldn't have been smoking hot when she was younger (and I think she's aged into a very lovely middle aged woman too).

And this.

Archived