Where can i watch HBO?

HBO doesn't usually release things for online streaming and itunes won't be until the DVD set it out when the season is over. Like Lady Cheesevillage said since you don't have a TV, asking a friend to DVR are it for you or watch it at a friend's house would be best legal route available for you. You could have your friend DVR it and watch it on your computer that way, or if you have a friend with a TV who is possibly interested in the show, you could perhaps split the cost 50-50 to encourage him to add HBO to his package.

Okay what about Netflix? Are they going to be having it?

Most likely Netflix will get it as soon as it comes out on DVD.

When will the DVD come out? Probably depends on if GOT gets a second season or not. If it does, the DVD will probably come out the month before Season 2 airs. If HBO sticks with starting GOT in the spring that might mean the DVDs won't get released until March 2012 or so.

If GOT doesn't get a second season, we'd probably will see the DVD a lot sooner. For example, Rome Season 2 aired in March 2007 and the DVD came out in August 2007. So that would mean about 5 months after the series ends.

I don't use Hulu a lot, but I don't think releasing shows on Hulu is something HBO has done very much of at least not until the DVDs are out whenever that is. Like it or not they make the bulk of their business on people who subscribe, and so from their point of view, releasing their shows too soon on Hulu or itunes would mean people have a less incentive to spend money on an HBO subscription. I know there's some arguments that HBO is short sighted in this way, but that's currently the way things are.

If you're in Michigan and can swing getting a tv, you should look into subscribing. We just moved back here and Charter (after some negotiation) cut us a deal on cable and internet and gave us HBO free for 6 months (the salesperson was a GRRM fan!) We're spending less than $100 a month, which for high speed internet plus cable with HBO is actually a really great deal.

I don't use Hulu a lot, but I don't think releasing shows on Hulu is something HBO has done very much of at least not until the DVDs are out whenever that is. Like it or not they make the bulk of their business on people who subscribe, and so from their point of view, releasing their shows too soon on Hulu or itunes would mean people have a less incentive to spend money on an HBO subscription. I know there's some arguments that HBO is short sighted in this way, but that's currently the way things are.

I think HBO and pretty much every network is retarded for not putting up at least their pilot or first two episodes on a free streaming site like Hulu. They have to first generate interest to get people to subscribe/buy the DVD's.

HBO does not have partnership deals with any streaming companies like Netflix, Hulu, etc. They have HBO Go, but you need to be a subscriber anyways. They have so far not tended to release to iTunes/Amazon until at least after the airing of the show, or even until the DVD/Blu-ray release.

The only way to legitimately watch it in the U.S. is via HBO, either at your home, that of an acquaintance, or some venue like a motel (maybe you can find one that charges by the hour... ;)

I know this isn't really helpful if you can't afford to add HBO, but right now Comcast is offering at deal on premium channels for their digital Xfinity TV service: You can add it for $10/month for 6 months (it goes up to $17.95/month after that). This is what I did, and it was really painless (aside from the cost, of course). I expected to have to get a new cable box etc etc. (I've never had a premium channel before) but the operator just pushed some button and I magically had HBO.

Plus, they are even using Game of Thrones to advertise!

http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Learn/DigitalCable/digitalcable.html

[no, I am not a Comcast shill :) I was just excited to see GoT on the Xfinity page. Plus, I agree that premium channels should offer their shows for pay-per-download via iTunes or wherever]

I'm inviting my friends over to watch, it will mean less torrents. I'm making all my really close friends subscribe. It is my opinion that we all should, unless it causes you to go in debt. I'm spending less money by cutting back like going out or not buying crap. My money is going to HBO from subscribing and buying shirts and steins.

I, sadly, don't have HBO or friends who will watch/have HBO. So maybe there'll be... other ways to view it...

Considering I'm a. in Australia and b. can't afford cable (regardless of when they even decide to show it on Foxtel, which by all accounts is in May and therefore much too late) I'm going to HAVE to resort to "other" ways to view it.

If I had a choice I would do it legally. But circumstances dictate otherwise, so they'll have to wait until the DVDs come out here before having my money. :P

And honestly, if the HBO store would just bloody ship internationally, they would have my money already. So really, it's their own fault. :V

Yeah, going to have to go through non-legal channels here as well. Hoping I can find stuff that will come up within a day or two of each episode airing on HBO so I don't fall too far behind. That said, if it is quality stuff, I will strongly consider buying the DVDs when they come out.

Archived