Dramatic Hooks in each episode

So as I read this review of the first episode, it mentions major two "hooks" -- the epilogue and "things I do for love" -- at the beginning and end respectively.

So I am wondering what the "hooks" (twists, cliffhangers, major dramatic moments) are going to be in each episode.

What do y'all think?

The speculative script outlines found here on Winter-is-coming may prove helpful.

So I am wondering what the "hooks" (twists, cliffhangers, major dramatic moments) are going to be in each episode.

Its easy to guess the major dramatic moments at the ends of E1, E9 and E10.

After that its more difficult. Catelyn taking Tyrion is a big moment. Viserys death. Lady's death maybe. The "you win or you die" scene. Jon joining the NW. Drogo deciding to invade.

Its easy to guess the major dramatic moments at the ends of E1, E9 and E10.

After that its more difficult. Catelyn taking Tyrion is a big moment. Viserys death. Lady's death maybe. The "you win or you die" scene. Jon joining the NW. Drogo deciding to invade.

EP1 : Opening Scene (Others) / Direwolves / Ending Scene (Bran's Fall)

EP2 / 3 : Arya shaming Joffrey / Ned killing Lady / Drogo & Dany sex / Assassination attempt on Bran's life

EP3 / 4 : Tyrion's capture / Gregor killing Ser Hugh in the Joust / Loras-Gregor-Hound scene

EP4 / 5 : Arya & the Dragons (and the overheard speech) / Jaime vs Ned confrontation (def ep 5) / Vaes Dothrak

EP 5 /6 : Bran & Wildings in the Wolfswood / (Tower of Joy flashback maybe) / Ser Vardis vs Bronn / Tyrion-Bronn meet Clansmen / Viserys' Crowning (def ep 6)

(I assume they'll do a Sansa's betrayal scene in here somewhere too)

EP 6 / 7: Eddard condemns Ser Gregor / You Win or You Die (def ep 7) / Robert's Hunting Accident / Jon & Sam find the Wight hand / Littlefinger's Betrayal (*has* to be the last scene of ep 7)

EP 8 : Syrio's last stand / The Wights / Robb calls his banners / Wineseller Assassin / Tyrion-Tywin / Barristan's dismissal / Walder Frey (perhaps) / Longclaw (perhaps)

something like this I assume

One great cliffhanger would be Varys telling Ned how Jon Arryn died, so Ep 4 or 5, in whatever episode the tourney ends(because before that Varys makes Ned see why Cersei forbade Robert to take part in the melee):

He was at the door when Ned called, “Varys.” The eunuch turned back. “How did Jon Arryn die?”

“I wondered when you would get around to that.”

“Tell me.”

“The tears of Lys, they call it. A rare and costly thing, clear and sweet as water, and it leaves no trace. I begged Lord Arryn to use a taster, in this very room I begged him, but he would not hear of it. Only one who was less than a man would even think of such a thing, he told me.”

Ned had to know the rest. “Who gave him the poison?”

“Some dear sweet friend who often shared meat and mead with him, no doubt. Oh, but which one? There were many such. Lord Arryn was a kindly, trusting man.” The eunuch sighed. “There was one boy. All he was, he owed Jon Arryn, but when the widow fled to the Eyrie with her household, he stayed in King’s Landing and prospered. It always gladdens my heart to see the young rise in the world.” The whip was in his voice again, every word a stroke. “He must have cut a gallant figure in the tourney, him in his bright new armor, with those crescent moons on his cloak. A pity he died so untimely, before you could talk to him . . . ”

Ned felt half-poisoned himself. “The squire,” he said. “Ser Hugh.” Wheels within wheels within wheels. Ned’s head was pounding. “Why? Why now? Jon Arryn had been Hand for fourteen years. What was he doing that they had to kill him?”

Asking questions,” Varys said, slipping out the door.

I am hoping for a montage of those two scenes and others. If I had to choose between which one goes last then I would go with the dragons being born. The Cat chapter, more so than the Dany, gave me goosebumps and made me grateful to have A Clash of Kings in my possession at the time. :)

Here's the chapter summaries and predictions for the last scene:

EP101: Winter is Coming:

It's obvious what the last scene will be in this one (ie. Jon killing Dany with Lightbringer)

EP102: The Kingsroad:

Murder attempt on Bran.

EP103: Lord Snow

Probably something to do with Jon, as the title seems to point at this being a very Jon-heavy ep. Maybe him and Tyrion saying goodbye.

EP104: Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things

Tyrion being captured. For sure. This will be the tourney ep, but Loras, the Hound and the Mountain ain't got much to do with the main story thread, so I don't think they'll end with that. It'll be in there though.

EP105: The Wolf and the Lion

Arya overhearing Varys & Illyrio's conversation.

EP106: A Golden Crown

Another one that seems obvious. Viserys getting pwned by Drogo. Our first major character death. Robert will also get pwned in this ep but won't die till the next.

EP107: You Win or You Die

Ned's scene with Cersei.

EP108: The Pointy End

Arya's escape.

Archived