Jon + Dany = <3

An_Other

He also tries to desert at the beginning of AGoT, where some pretty tangible parallels are drawn between him and Jorah;

Longclaw connects the two of them, and their relationship with the Old Bear as well. So while I can see that they are connected in a sense, I just don't see any parallels between their personalities or actions. Jon tried to desert, but his reasons were very different from Jorah's reasons for fleeing Westeros. They are just very different types of men to me. When Tyrion found Jorah, he was in a whorehouse with some Dany lookalike on his lap for instance. Would Jon ever do a thing like that? Jorah was also very possessive of Dany, jealous of other men (even Barristan) being around her. Would Jon act that way for any woman?

I tend to think he won't do it honestly, since he likes to set romances between POV characters on slow boil.

Which POV characters have had a slow boil romance? Do you mean Jaime and Brienne? I'm not sure I would call that a romance. I don't think it ever will be either, though I'd kind of like to see it turn out that way.

That Jon will, at least initially, project women like Catelyn and Cersei on Daenerys if he meets her. Kind of like how when he meets Ygritte, he thinks pretty quickly "Arya", and when he meets Gilly, he thinks "Sansa".

Unless Dany gives him the stink eye constantly and looks down on him for being a bastard (which I seriously doubt she would) I don't see why he would associate her with Cat. And Jon seems to be good at reading people, so unless Dany goes batshit insane I think she is safe from the Cersei comparisons as well :drunk:

What leads you to this conclusion? Based on Dany character or based on your opinion or what you hoping for?

Do I really need to explain why Daenerys might find Viserys a less than suitable husband?

The guy calling her a slut, twisting her nipples and telling her he's fine with 40,000 men and their horses raping her so he can advance himself?

Longclaw connects the two of them, and their relationship with the Old Bear as well. So while I can see that they are connected in a sense, I just don't see any parallels between their personalities or actions. Jon tried to desert, but his reasons were very different from Jorah's reasons for fleeing Westeros. They are just very different types of men to me. When Tyrion found Jorah, he was in a whorehouse with some Dany lookalike on his lap for instance. Would Jon ever do a thing like that? Jorah was also very possessive of Dany, jealous of other men (even Barristan) being around her. Would Jon act that way for any woman?

Well, as I said, Jon wasn't destroyed publically in the same way Jorah was. Jon's indiscretion was pretty much swept under the rug, so he didn't have to do with any real fallout, and basically got a pardon for his midnight ride.

Which POV characters have had a slow boil romance? Do you mean Jaime and Brienne? I'm not sure I would call that a romance. I don't think it ever will be either, though I'd kind of like to see it turn out that way.

What I mean is, if Jaime and Brienne hook up in the next book, it won't feel like it's ridiculous or rushed.

Unless Dany gives him the stink eye constantly and looks down on him for being a bastard (which I seriously doubt she would) I don't see why he would associate her with Cat. And Jon seems to be good at reading people, so unless Dany goes batshit insane I think she is safe from the Cersei comparisons as well :drunk:

It's not really about a deep reading, it's about impression, and I don't think Jon will have a good impression of Daenerys if they meet.

No-one ever mentions Dany's dream about rooting an ice cold bloke in these threads.

I don't care for either character but it seems inevitable they're either going to end up epic lovers or epic enemies, and the foreshadowing suggests the former. Two attractive teenagers don't need much build up to doing the deed for it to be plausible.

Do I want my favorite character w/ the most beautiful, misguided woman in the series? Oh why the Hell not! I think Dany and Jon would compliment each other well... Making each other better rounded people. We all know opposites attract! ;-) Well that, and the fact they'd be one badass couple! I predict their first meetings may be tense, but I think they will absolutely be intrigued by the other... something climatic will happen, and they'll see eye to eye. If fondness between them develops then love will be right around the corner IMO.

I could care less about cliches. I'm just looking for a captivating and cohesive story when I read fiction! :-)

I agree with many people that say their personalities don't mesh well so at this point it's hard to see them end up together.

Now, if they do somehow end up together I wouldn't be surprised if we see a repeat of R+L where their romance is forbidden, causing them both to be hunted/killed with their offspring surviving.

Those who don't heed the past are due to repeat it, yo'.

Yeah I think she mentions it, but it doesn't seem like something she'd be very psyched about.

LOL No lie. She doesnt want Viserys. He is weak and a bit unhinged. Hes was abusing her as well. Dany expects to marry him due to the tradition of their family, but doesnt seem to really want to.

Women find Jon sullen

Some of us like a dude whos a bit on the sullen side. ;)

I think those three things I mentioned should be enough reason to demonstrate why a sane person wouldn't want to marry Viserys.

You are basing this on your opinion, not on Dany character, to me she seemed to accept that she was to marry visery or rhaegar for that matter if he had live. Dany only know one Targ Visery who happens to be psycho, if she had known Rhaegar I don't think she would be inclined to marry him.

You are basing this on your opinion, not on Dany character,

Once on a voyage to Braavos, as she’d watched the crew wrestle down a great green sail in a rising gale, she had even thought how fine it would be to be a sailor. But when she told her brother, Viserys had twisted her hair until she cried. “You are blood of the dragon,” he had screamed at her. “A dragon, not some smelly fish.”

He was a fool about that, and so much else, Dany thought.

When Viserys sold their mother’s crown, the last joy had gone from him, leaving only rage.

I was alone for a long time, Jorah. All alone but for my brother. I was such a small scared thing. Viserys should have protected me, but instead he hurt me and scared me worse. He shouldn’t have done that. He wasn’t just my brother, he was my king. Why do the gods make kings and queens, if not to protect the ones who can’t protect themselves?”

“Some kings make themselves. Robert did.”

“He was no true king,” Dany said scornfully. “He did no justice. Justice . . . that’s what kings are for.

She bulled over him. “You have been a better friend to me than any I have known, a better brother than Viserys ever was.

Dany pulled the lion pelt tighter about her shoulders. “Viserys said once that it was my fault, for being born too late.” She had denied it hotly, she remembered, going so far as to tell Viserys that it was his fault for not being born a girl. He beat her cruelly for that insolence.

Where are you imagining all this affection for Viserys comes from? Where does Daenerys ever express anything but contempt for the man he became? When does she ever reflect on the idea of how she'd like to marry him?

Where are you imagining all this affection for Viserys comes from? Where does Daenerys ever express anything but contempt for the man he became? When does she ever reflect on the idea of how she'd like to marry him?

Lol You are distorting my word, I said on earlier post that Targs marry Targs. But for some reason you are under impression that no dany wouldnt marry a targ she is not into it, I am simply stating that she only met one Targ happened to be visery who is a real psycho. If she had met another Targ say Rhaegar you cannot conclude that she will feel the same.

Lol You are distorting my word, I said on earlier post that Targs marry Targs. But for some reason you are under impression that no dany wouldnt marry a targ she is not into it,

I said that neither Daenerys or Jon has expressed a desire to enter into an incestuous relationship.

You have provided no counter to that.

I said that neither Daenerys or Jon has expressed a desire to enter into an incestuous relationship.

You have provided no counter to that.

How can you conclude that when they haven't even met yet? Just because they haven't expressed desire to incestuous relationship does not mean that it will not change once they met each other. You are judging this part as if they have met already.

How can you conclude that when they haven't even met yet?

All I'm concluding is that neither of them have expressed a desire to enter into an incestuous relationship.

Just because they haven't expressed desire to incestuous relationship does not mean that it will not change once they met each other. You are judging this part as if they have met already.

What I'm asking for is some tangible reason to believe that Jon would consent to an incestuous given he's grown up in a culture that reviles it.

All I'm concluding is that neither of them have expressed a desire to enter into an incestuous relationship.

What I'm asking for is some tangible reason to believe that Jon would consent to an incestuous given he's grown up in a culture that reviles it.

By asking that question you are pretty much saying that there will be no romance/sex between them in the future book. Jon is very much aware that Targs marry Targs as it is common knowledge in Westeros, so your defense that Jon grow up in a culture that reviles incestuous is not a good reason to discard that they will not have relationship. Once they enter sexual relationship and fall inlove do you think that incestuous is going to be a problem if they want to marry. No because Targs Marry Targs is widely accepted in Westeros.

Archived