[NO SPOILERS] The First 15 Minutes

Ran

I think the actress they have playing Catelyn looks great, and she is in fact younger than Sean Bean. Obviously, much like the character herself, this casting choice is going to be continue to be polarizing for fans. I just hope given time, those who dislike how the actress looks will be eventually won over by her acting talent.

Heaven forfend a 47-year-old woman has wrinkles. The temerity of her.

(Sean Bean's got them too. No one bitches, though. Seriously, you could only imagine he was 35 years old if you squinted really hard. Which is why the show has aged Ned and Cat and Robert up.)

Ran don't you know middle aged men are allowed to get wrinkles, but a woman should resort to any means necessary to conceal the fact that she has them, or else she's considered old and ugly and not worthy of playing a middle aged character in a TV show despite the fact that she is middle aged? ;)

Well, here's the thing. Some of us think Michelle Fairley looks great for the role, and others like yourself I'm assuming disagree. I don't think her looks were an important part of Catelyn's character one way or the other, and I don't find it the least bit difficult to imagine someone like Petyr being attracted to her when they were both younger. You probably disagree, so that's why I say the character is going to continue to be polarizing. Not only is she in the books due to her actions, she's now going to be in the TV show due to those who strongly disagree with the casting choice.

I just hope since she's such a major character in the show, that the people who are initially unhappy because they imagined a younger and more conventionally hotter Catelyn are eventually won over by her acting talent. It would be unfortunate if this casting detracts from their enjoyment of the show.

Note: I chose to remove my last paragraph because I didn't like the way I worded it and didn't want it to lead to an unnecessary and rehashed argument.

I don't think her looks were an important part of Catelyn's character one way or the other,

I can not expand on why I think they were important (they came into play on several occasions), due to the [no spoilers] constraint of the thread. But it does not matter, as you said we can agree to disagree.

I found it weird that Will looks like he's going to be taken out of the picture by a White Walker. It fades, and then the next scene is Will being captured for deserting. Why would the White Walkers just let him get away?

It would appear they just let him go to send a message. They threw the head at him like a gauntlet.

Archived