[BOOK SPOILERS] The First 15 Minutes

Ran

Also, i finally have a clear opinion about kit harrington.

IMHO, he is really good, and this has been a pleasant surprise, since he was the one i had most doubts about. After the video...he is the actor with most lines in the preview and now i finally have a clear idea about his acting. I like him.

And sean bean's line "winter is coming?" awesome!

I assume that's Jon? Did anyone else sense sexual tension when Catelyn was looking at him? Hollywood...

I have seen people on Twitter saying that they were unsure but that the preview has sold them. :)

Recently03,

It's not April Fool's... or are you serious? If you are, a serious answer: no. That was not sexual tension. Jon's going to be in some trouble if he sees every stare as a come hither...

Well I loved this. They are already setting up Bran, Arya (and to a lesser extent Jon and Robb) to be great character who are fun to watch. It was certainly visually striking. Can't wait for the remainder of the episode.

The only bad thing I could say is that while I loved this, as a fan of the books, I wonder if this 15-minute clip drew in any fans who were on the fence about watching the show. Im not sure it had enough of a wow-factor to draw in new and potential fans. But either way I loved it. I cant think of any flaws with the scenes we actually saw. Very excited now!

It was completely different then any preview/trailer they've showed. Those have all been traditional "Knights and Castles" type deals, this had a very strong horror element to it. This combined with what has been shown previous is going to catch a wide audience I think.

Uhh..I saw nothing but utter loathing.

Perhaps some people have seen Hollywood do the Moonlighting thing in which two people's outward loathing is a cover for sexual desire so many times that they've begun to mistake actual loathing for the former. :ohwell:

I assume that's Jon? Did anyone else sense sexual tension when Catelyn was looking at him? Hollywood...

LOL.

It was more a "what-the-hack-are-you-doing-here" glance to me

I'd noticed this before (in previews), but hadn't seen it discussed anywhere: does anyone know why they changed the survivor of the attack (and subsequent deserter) from Gared to Will?

I think it had to do with the actors they cast. The actor playing Will has a particularly interesting look, and I think something about him evokes sympathy instantly. The actor playing Gared didn't stand out in any way, to me. I liked the guy who played Ser Waymar, he did a good job I think. Got the arrogant vibe down well.

No...not even remotely.

I wonder if they had auditions for Ser Rodrik or if someone just saw the actor and told him what he was born to do.

Yeah, he's pretty dead perfect for the role. Apparently after he got the role he tore through the books and became a huge fan. I remember the reports from the big moot held in Belfast he attended that talked a lot about what a big fan of the series he is now.

If you think that look is a 'come hither' look, I am guessing you've been pepper sprayed once or twice along the way...

Everything looks great, but I'm shocked the Other just ganks Royce and there isn't some sort of epic duel. And now that someone mentioned it, I don't have a clue how/why Will survives...he seemed dead in the snow...

The only possible explanation for how is that the Other White Walker let him go. As for why, that's a much more difficult and mysterious question. (Do the WWs want the Night's Watch to know they're coming? If so, why?)

My only critic: The night's watch scenes in the haunted forest- completely annoying to have such a visually stunning environment and then destroy it by forgetting to show the effects of the cold. No frosty breath, no rosy checks. The actors looked like they could have been walking through central park.

I know I know, a minor annoyance. But still an annoyance.

I love it!!!! *o*. But also

Ned line was just perfect!!

this :agree:

Yeah! Miss it too!!!!

The only possible explanation for how is that the Other White Walker let him go. As for why, that's a much more difficult and mysterious question. (Do the WWs want the Night's Watch to know they're coming? If so, why?)

Agree too. What about how Will scape? I think that is not really clear... just fall down in his knees in front of the "Other", the screen goes black and then "imagine what happened next". I'm not quite sure about this.

Archived