Dany gets under my skin sometimes...

Elrick

I hate Dany because she got dragons. Suddenly everything was skewed and became ridiculous. No one deserves dragons, least of all the tragic princess who I have to root for.

How does dragons skew anything? This whole story is based upon the 'fact' that a family of dragon riding, incestuous, half mad lords from half a world away shitstomped the 7 kingdoms into submission already. This is the story of what happened once the dragons were gone. but guess what? they're baaaa-accck.

i really dont have a problem w/ people not liking certain characters, i think its a sign of good writing. But the double standards and hypocrisy evident in the dany and jon hate is whats really ridiculous here. The haters latch onto some judgement of a certain character and cling to it forever, not giving any of the prejudged characters any room for growth. Dany will always be perfect in their eyes and/or 'plot shielded' and will be viewed through that lense, no matter what. She could spend the next 10 years in a dungeon getting raped every day, then get rescued or escape or set free and exact soem revenge afterwards and the haters would still say 'see! i told you! nothing bad ever happens to dany!'

and really, to say anything in a fantasy series is ridiculous or un believable is quite silly.

Oh crap! Dragons in a fantasy book!
That's easy a jibe, but heroes having multiple dragons as pets are not numerous. I don't actually agree with the guy, but maybe you would want to address the other parts of what you quoted, like the "getting" dragons and the "skewed" part.

I personally like the dragons but however I have issue with Dany having control over them when their is no real logical reason for this. Perhaps its her Targaryen blood and the Targs have some form of connection with dragons much like the Starks do with dire wolves or at least Ned's children offspring seem to have.

What I get nervous about at this point however is does this mean she's going to be all powerful? I hate characters like this and sincerely hope that this isn't true.

I personally like the dragons but however I have issue with Dany having control over them when their is no real logical reason for this. Perhaps its her Targaryen blood and the Targs have some form of connection with dragons much like the Starks do with dire wolves or at least Ned's children offspring seem to have.

What I get nervous about at this point however is does this mean she's going to be all powerful? I hate characters like this and sincerely hope that this isn't true.

I doubt it.

You've got to believe that one of the dragons is going to die at some point. She's losing control over... Drogon, is it? And there's that horn bouncing around...

For all my criticisms of Dany I'm pretty certain she'll have been brought down a peg or two and mortalized by the end of ADWD. Tyrion alone should accomplish that.

One of the problems I had with Dany is how quickly her goals changed. In aGoT, all Dany seems to really want is a little happiness, a house with a red door and a lemon tree in the garden. From that she jumps straight into demanding a kingdom, which is definately not a guaranteed path to happiness. Just ask Cersei Lannister.

I also feel that from where Dany starts to where she is now, she has done too little to have gained so much. Stuff just seems to happen around her and she benefits without much input from her.

I don't hate Dany, nor do I like her (I did in GoT). Mostly I just find her dull and a little tedious and repetitive. I do have high hopes for her though in aDwD. It seems like she is going to be the star of that show.

Archived