[BOOK SPOILERS] How long do you think it'll be before the DVD's come out?

SerLady

Traditional HBO practice is to release the DVD just before the following season airs. Which might mean we don't see the S1 GoT DVD set until March or April 2012 :(

In this case, I'm hoping that HBO realise that getting the DVDs out before Christmas will be hugely beneficial to them, so hopefully it will be more like November this year.

Streaming on the Xbox would be kinda neat too. So far this year I've been able to do Spartacus (Blood and Sand and Gods of the Arena) and Pillars of the Earth. So-so stuff, but a great way to watch.

Oh, so I am not the only one who does not have HBO ...

Just spent s few minutes researching HBO Internet page to see if it is to possible to watch on computer ... some TV programmes allow it ... found nothing (only more commercials to make me feel more deprived ...). Ok, I have to stop complaining. We will just have to be a little patient till ... well, till DVDs or till some other TV programme buys and starts broadcasting it. :dunno:

Having seen plenty of posters depicting Eddard sitting on the Iron Throne today, I kind of worry that the makers completely missed the point ... Just joking, of course.

For those of you in the US that have cable providers (DirectTV, Comcast, Charter, Cox, AT&T UVerse, etc), call your cable providers to see if they have any promos on HBO. For example, DirectTV currently is offering $5 off per month for 3 months to current customers and AT&T UVerse is offering free HBO for 3 months to current customers. This conveniently covers the entire series :D

For those of you in the US that have cable providers (DirectTV, Comcast, Charter, Cox, AT&T UVerse, etc), call your cable providers to see if they have any promos on HBO. For example, DirectTV currently is offering $5 off per month for 3 months to current customers and AT&T UVerse is offering free HBO for 3 months to current customers. This conveniently covers the entire series :D

Verizon FiOS is running the same free 3 month deal if you subscribe. (IIRC)

Fantastic! I conveniently have DirectTV [x

But it's not really the money problem for me, AP tests and Finals are coming up soon for school, and the 'rents think GoTs is going to seriously distract me from necessary studying :angry:

Unless they show repeats of the entire Series, I would hate to start somewhere like Episode 5 or something :(

Hum, this topic kinda fits the most, so here we go again...

I just spent about 2 hours scouring the web looking for somebody to throw money at... in order to legally get to watch "Game of Thrones". I didn't get lucky on HBO or Sky, at least not while residing in Germany, and moving is a no-go, sadly.

Can anybody confirm or - hopefully - deny that it is NOT possible to legally watch a non-dubbed version of A Game of Thrones in Germany in the near future?

Considering the very positive feedback among both fans and critics, the DVDs are essentially bought.

Archived