What Character Do You Identify With Most Strongly?

Monday

I can identify with at least some of the motivation of any of the characters. That's what makes GRRM's writing so good.

But I think the ones I identify with most are Jon and Tyrion, who doesn't have feelings of aloneness and inadequacy from time to time.

I hate to admit it, but Ser Piggy, Mr. Sam Tarly reminds me how I was sometimes as a teenager. Not so much the craven afraid to fight part, but all the other craven parts.

But that ideal self as a teenager would of course be Jon Snow. Which is good, because I grew up to be exactly like him.

I hate to admit it, but Ser Piggy, Mr. Sam Tarly reminds me how I was sometimes as a teenager. Not so much the craven afraid to fight part, but all the other craven parts.

But that ideal self as a teenager would of course be Jon Snow. Which is good, because I grew up to be exactly like him.

What, sworn to celebacy and training to keep the world safe from wildlings? ;)

What, sworn to celebacy and training to keep the world safe from wildlings? ;)

Aye. And my neighbors are exactly like the southron lords. Always squabbling over minor things as I protect them with my ice wall. Don't they understand? Winter is coming

I am a mix of Robert and Ned. I love to get smashed and have a good time. I also get a very fiery temper when in it comes to standing up for myself or my family. But unlike Bob, I am a very honorable person. Loyal to my wife and friends and always try to keep my word. Hopefully I end up like neither.

Arya.

Fiesty, strong-willed, loyal to a fault, and relentless. I also suffer from her short-sightedness in making decisions in a hurry sometimes. I tend to say things better left unsaid. I traveled around as a child (a new school every year), and was distrustful of people. I ride English and Western equally well. I am not afraid to try new things. I would be capable of violence were there not laws to keep me from avenging slurs against my family. One neighbor does not know how lucky she is I have no weapons in the house.

Unlike the young Arya, I sew well and read a lot. I function well in social situations (although I hate them). I cook and bake. I throw great parties. I am generous to a point that it often hurts me. I am a great and loyal friend. I am a romantic, who likes happy endings. I hate it when people act unfairly and wretchedly, especially thoses in authority. I am not quite sure what this last part goes to any other character.

First place: The Blackfish, of course. I'm not particularly young, I don't care about relationships, I'm blunt and stubborn and individualistic to a fault, but don't touch my "folks", despite the fact that I'm always at bloody odds with them. "Family, Duty, Honour" resembles closely my philosophy of life, whether I want it or not.

Second place: The Hound. Because even the Blackfish is better-adjusted than I am when I'm at my worst.

Third place: Catelyn. See first place, but with a stronger identification component, rather than a romantic attraction.

1-Brienne. I've always had more guy friends than girl friends, I hate wearing dresses, and my gender is not a weakness. I can also identify with her loyalty and the frustration of seeing those around you make mistakes and not being able to stop them. Also, mmm, Renly! :thumbsup:

2-Tywin. While I'm not too much like him, I can really identify with him. Tough decisions have to be made. Waffling doesn't help anyone. People may not love you for it but if you know the decision you made is the correct one that's all that matters.

3-Tommen. Kittens rock, stamps are fun, and I like to practice writing my name. I also don't always get along with my siblings but I still love them.

Davos - a simple person from humble origins, trying to do the right thing and loyal to family and friends.

Bran - my inner child is very strong, I think, and I often daydream and get lost in stories.

Hot Pie - Often pretty clueless, and not a major player in surrounding events - just trying to get by (although I'm an awful cook)

Honestly, Sansa Stark. There is something about her helplessness and her passiveness that I can truly identify with, as sad as that might sound. Also, I'm good at sewing.

I dunno why but I always seem to identify with somewhat attractive, idealistic, but overall useless women.

Stannis to some extent. The beleaguered, responsible sibling. He seems more like the oldest child than the middle child, but that's probably because his big brother never grew up. I haven't sent my shadow baby after my little brother, but I've often thought about it.

Tyrion for some of the same reasons. Also, because neither of us are as smart as we think we are.

Tyrion for some of the same reasons. Also, because neither of us are as smart as we think we are.

It's refreshing to see someone admit that about Tyrion... and themselves.

Everyone harps (Deservedly, I'll admit) on Cersei's overconfidence and unrealistic image of herself, but I think Tyrion has some of the same issues.

Anyway, the character I identify most with is... Cesei Lanister.

I really don't want to ask myself why. Some stones are better left unturned.

Archived