What Character Do You Identify With Most Strongly?

Monday

But are you 6-9, 280, horribly scarred and a killing machine?

no...

but its about who i identify with not who i resemble...

not that i would not like to be a killing machine mind you but "eh, my freakin back" :)

Briennne for invoking feelings of awkwardness in others and feeling a bit awkward myself at times.

And Sam for being a little whiny.

Arya for being so fucking awesome (See Cersei).

And Cersei for being delusional and slightly paranoid.

Doran Martell: Patience. Plotting.

Walder Frey: I bear a grudge, and I do not forget. Also for taking care of my own.

• 9 months later...

I would say Jorah Mormont and Sandor Clegane

Jorah Mormont: Definitely appearence wise im a decent sized guy and can be mistaken for a bear hair wise.

Sandor Clegane: I tend to favor Clegane personallity wise as im fairly taciturn, misanthropic, and tend to have iconoclastic ideas.

Sansa.

Going from a young, naive girl who believed in fairytales and true knights only do have her dreams dashed by tragedy (Ned's death and all the reprecussions), finding herself surrounded by people who hurt her and want to use her (Joffrey, the Lannisters, the Tyrells), and to being stuck with someone who she hopes has good intentions (LF), and who is teaching her how to survive in this world while dealing with the all the bullshit (Sweetrobin) reminds me of a more dramatic version of my maturing, haha.

She's learning that people are false as hell and how to be strong in the face of adversity, but it's a particular kind of strong, the kind that I really admire in a person. That kind of strong, the facade, the manipulating people's perception of you (going hand in hand with the facade), and knowing how to use a person's intentions to your own benefit will come in handy for her in the future, and they're something that I've learned to use to my own benefit as I've grown.

I know most people will disagree with me and my assessment of Sansa, but I love her character and find myself relating to her the most. Though, I find elements of myself in other characters, as well (Catelyn, Cersei, Davos).

I would say Jorah Mormont and Sandor Clegane

Jorah Mormont: Definitely appearence wise im a decent sized guy and can be mistaken for a bear hair wise.

Sandor Clegane: I tend to favor Clegane personallity wise as im fairly taciturn, misanthropic, and tend to have iconoclastic ideas.

Those are my two as well. I always appreciated Jorah because he does the right thing, but he does it with a somewhat fair expectation of appreciation that he does not ever receive. Also, I can relate to looking like him: large, balding, and looking rather ursine as a result.

Sandor is almost an aspiration because of his courage, his cold and honest view of what he sees, his willingness to stand up to anyone, and his unusual mix of self-hatred and confidence. He knows he is not that worthwhile a human being, but he also knows nobody can stand up to him.

I think I've got the most in common with Tyrion. I'm not saying that in a oh-I-wish-I-were-him kind of way. I just think I've got a lot in common with him, outside of the drinking and whoring.

I have a sort of nasty, biting humor (although I'm not a fraction as quick as he is). People generally avoid me, and I'm totally useless in social situations. Way too blunt and up front. I have a handful of very close friends, and that's it (equated to Tyrion's relationship with Jaime pre-ASOS - which isn't that inaccurate since my best friend is a lot like a prettier, more hotheaded version of me). Of course, I love to read, but that's a given in this forum. And most of all, I really do not know when to shut my mouth. I also really love performing, although, like Tyrion, I almost never get the opportunity to do it. Can't believe I'm about to say this, but I also identify with the weak interior that badly wants a lover. Oh, and my family's fairly well off.

What a great thread, some really interesting responses. And some hilarious ones too (example: the above).

For me...

The sheen of idealism over an underbelly of megalomania and arrogance of Danaerys.

The slow brooding and glacial action of Doran Martell.

The laid back, comfortable, good humored nerdiness of The Reader.

Theon - major disconnect from my father and some identity issues. Cersei - I act a little crazy like her sometimes. Littlefinger - that's what my friends tell me. Not sure what to make of that. There's also a bit of Arya in me; I am very feisty and determined.

I would probably say a combination of Arya, Arianne Martell, and Varys. Strange group, I know, but it fits me.

Arya because I can be stubborn and outwardly try and get what I want. I also don't have the best relationship with my sister, who reminds me a little too much of Sansa.

Arianne because sometimes I do what I think it smart and it turns out to be all for naught, or just completely misguided.

Varys because in any social situation I never really have a best friend, but I connect well with everyone. And by doing this I find out a lot of "whispers."

Hm. . .I guess I identify with most characters to some degree. There are none I think "Hey, that's me!", but I'll give some that I feel a particular connection with:

Davos - Pointing out the flaws in those you love and respect, especially when it can potentially hurt you greatly, is something I hugely respect in someone. Justice is incredibly important to me - I utterly despise siding with someone based on who you like rather than what is right. Loyalty, however, still has a place for me, just so long as it is not blind.

Ned - Again, justice matters. Doing what is right is the most important thing. I don't know if I'm as committed to that as Ned, however. Still, I can hugely respect someone who does what they believe to be right at great personal cost, even if I don't necessarily agree with them.

Catelyn - Her ability to see past revenge, to want the best, to hate violence - she's probably the wisest Stark. But, like her husband, perhaps I identify more with what I'd like to be than what I am.

Jaime - That curious mixture of supreme arrogance and self-loathing is something I can identify with very well. I consider myself exceptionally capable, though I don't use that capability well.

Sandor - Cynicism is definitely a defining trait I have, to a fault. A very negative person, all told.

Bran - Because what little boy didn't want to be a knight and have special powers? If we're being honest, what grown man doesn't?

Archived