Lady Genna Frey (formally Lannister)

LadySansa

• 1 year later...

I don't like Genna, though I agree her scene with Jaime provided very interesting insights. She is quite happy to kill the rightful ruler of Riverrun to which she and her husband have no decent claim, and she is horrible to said husband for no reason. Readers and Starks are allowed to hate all Freys; Lannisters who are benefiting hugely from the Red Wedding aren't.

I don't like Genna, though I agree her scene with Jaime provided very interesting insights. She is quite happy to kill the rightful ruler of Riverrun to which she and her husband have no decent claim, and she is horrible to said husband for no reason. Readers and Starks are allowed to hate all Freys; Lannisters who are benefiting hugely from the Red Wedding aren't.

I can see her distaste for her husband. Did you read the parts with Emmon Frey? He's weak, and beyond annoying. She probably holds bad feelings towards House Frey in general for being tied into their line. She is a daughter from a Great House, and she wasn't even married to Lord Walder's heir. I can definitely see that hurting her Lannister pride, even at the age when the betrothal took place.

She's definitely one of my favorites. Maybe someone will get the bright idea to make her husband Hand of the King so she can run the seven kingdoms.

It's the only chance Tommen's got.

AMEN!

To me, the most practical women in the series are Lady Maege Mormont, The Queen of Thorns (Olenna), and Genna Lannister Frey. We have already lost everyone in Tywin's generation...I think Genna will remain. Lady Maege is on her way to the Neck; we will see her delivering Robb's message. Olenna has lived past her time...I think she will be devastated by the loss of Tyrell youth.

Just my preferred predictions...have no canon to support any of this.

• 7 months later...

I just hope we get to see more of her. I was thinking about the part where Cersei tells Taena (hopefully I'm remembering this right, too lazy to walk across the room to my books!) that she was afraid to go to Kings Landing (???) but her aunt Genna took her aside and said something like "You are a lion, it is for the lesser beasts to fear you". I just thought it would be interesting to see whether Cersei would respect her or not. She respected her father more than most others but did not seem to respect her uncle.

Who would win, Cersei or Genna? I vote Genna by sheer weight alone but at the same time Cersei has that psychotic power usually only found in crackheads.

I cannot claim to have looked everywhere - not yet - but I love Lady Genna - and I wanted to find who was given her part

She would have to be very plump in person but still very attractive and I wish someone here could offer an opinion

Even some sort of link to the possibility - please - of whom they might choose - I think this casting might be difficult

To me, the most practical women in the series are Lady Maege Mormont, The Queen of Thorns (Olenna), and Genna Lannister Frey. We have already lost everyone in Tywin's generation...I think Genna will remain. Lady Maege is on her way to the Neck; we will see her delivering Robb's message. Olenna has lived past her time...I think she will be devastated by the loss of Tyrell youth.

Just my preferred predictions...have no canon to support any of this.

I highly doubt that Olenna will just drop over dead from grief. And remember Loras is not dead, we don't know what happened to him. Cercie's septas were about to say something but then caught themselves. In fact, I think Loras's "accident" was just ploy of the Tyrells (meaning Olenna, because she is the brains of the house) to throw Cerci off guard and get their fleet back to protect Oldtown. So I would bet we'll be seeing more of the queen of thorns.

But really I think Genna Lannister was a minor character, that we will not see again. Ya she had good things to say, and her quote about Tyrion being Tywin's son was my second favorite in the whole series. But she is not in a powerful position, and with Kevin's death, we are down to just Cerci as Lannister power. It wouldn't make sense to eliminate all the Lannisters except the one stupid, crazy one who will deliver the final blows to the house and then introduce another competent Lannister to save the day.

Lord i love this woman and unlike kevan she wasn't on tywin's dick 24/7 about how great he is. She loved her brother and striaght up told him when he was being an ass, hell she her self said she didn't agree with half the crap he did through his life. I really respect a lannister like that shame the brotherhood may just kill her.

She's a strong character and her lines from the books are brilliant, and have already been discussed, so no need for me to repeat them. There is, however, a humourous yet oblique reference to her in the TV series, when Jaime and "Alton" Lannister are in the wooden pen, and Jaime's trying to figure out how exactly he's related to Alton. "Is your mother the fat Lannister?" "Well, she's gained a little weight over the years..." "No, there's only one fat Lannister, if she were your mother you'd know."

Archived