A Thread for Small Questions VII

Angalin

oh and how do you change the commoner thing on the left, i wanna be sum one speaical lol :wacko:

if you get enough posts you get upgraded to sellsword or freerider then onto squire. If you want to customise it you have to get a huge amount of posts or get knighted by the BwB

oh and how do you change the commoner thing on the left, i wanna be sum one speaical lol :wacko:

The answer - along with instructions on how to post spoilers - is in the Board FAQ, which you are supposed to read before posting, and which is linked on the top right and in my sig.

Thanks, and here is another one:

Didn't all Targs womens marry his brothers? Why his Nana marry a Storm Lord?

If there are more Targ women than Targ men then the excess is married off to Great Houses to increase blood ties and spread Targ blood around just in case.

For story telling reasons they must be strong enough to wipe humanity from the face of the earth unless something unexpected happens (PWWP, dragons, etc.).

Its Zombie effect, one Other is enough to create thousands and given enough time and a influx of more men (stannis's army, nightwatch and wildlings together), you can get thousands, enough that if (when) Wall is breached, they will flood the North and get more "recruiters"

Do the Seven allow divorces?

Renly seemed to be under the impression that Robert would be able to divorce Cersei or have the marriage annulled so they could or this could just be the fact that he's king and they'd have to do what he wants

Another question about marriages:

What becomes of a woman whos husband has decided to join the NW (willingly or not so much)?

Can she marry again? - We have the example of Janos Slynt (his wife isn't mentioned I think, so we do not know if she's still if she's still alive, but he had legal sons), so what if your husband joins the wall?

Well and I want to repeat a question I had from the last page of the thread:

Do we know what Tyrion did all the time before AGOT? Was a just a member of Robert's court and was feasting, whoring and reading books all the time? In the books it sounds like Tyrion was more likely a member of the court than just hanging around at the Rock with his beloved father. All his memories from the near past that he tells us seem linked to the court, King's Landing and being with his brother and with Robert, but his memories of the Rock are more about childhood.

Sorry, if this is an offense, or not aloud please tell me and I won't repeat it ;), but I'm just curious about it and did not want to fall it apart.

What becomes of a woman whos husband has decided to join the NW (willingly or not so much)?

Can she marry again? - We have the example of Janos Slynt (his wife isn't mentioned I think, so we do not know if she's still if she's still alive, but he had legal sons), so what if your husband joins the wall?

It's the same as a woman who was widowed so yes she would be allowed to marry again if she wants too i think

Well and I want to repeat a question I had from the last page of the thread:

Sorry, if this is an offense, or not aloud please tell me and I won't repeat it ;), but I'm just curious about it and did not want to fall it apart.

About Tyrion, nothing mentioned of his life right before AGOT, he has memories of childhood, incident with Tisha, some other whore too I think but nothing beyond this. I would suspect he was cooling his heels at Kings Landing or at very least attended tourneys such as for Jeffrey's Naming Day where he supposedly "won" that knife or he was traveling. His father didn't keep him close, he hated him. So he was free to do whatever he wanted as long as it didn't involve marrying whores and shaming Lannister name.

As for NW, I think the wife becomes sort of widow in legal terms for inheritance purposes and children, but not allowed to remarry.

What was the "important" assignment that ser Rolph Spicer got before Robb went to Twins for the wedding of Edmure and Roslin?

He was exchanging hostages with the Lannisters IIRC he was getting back Robett Glover

Vered,

Do married noble women take their husbands' surnames? For example, would Catelyn be Catelyn Stark or Catelyn Tully? If I remember right, she would be Catelyn Tully, but Lady Stark, right? And would Olenna Redwyne, Alerie Hightower, and Margaery Tyrell (pre-marriages) all be Lady Tyrell, or would it just be Alerie, as wife to the main lord of the House?

People call Cat Catelyn Stark on the internet all the time, but Cersei is always Cersei Lannister and not Baratheon.

Yes, the married women take their husbands' surnames. Catelyn is Catelyn Stark and Cersei is Cersei Baratheon.

It's just a figure of speech, to call them by their birth names. Stannis Baratheon is always Stannis Baratheon, but whether his wife is Selyse Florent or Selyse Baratheon depends on who's speaking and what they want to call her in the moment. It's not a legal thing, or even so much a custom thing to call her one or the other at any given time, it's just whim, really.

Masha,

Then why did he report that Dany was pregnant at all?

Simple: Robert was going to find out eventually. Suppose that doesn't happen till the babe is born -- how much will poor Varys' life be worth then?

Archived