[Spoilers] Possible Casting Choices for Season Two

Xray the Enforcer

Katherine Moenning as Brienne? This Katherine Moenning, from the L Word?

She's even skinnier, shorter, and less mannish than Katie Sackhoff. You do understand that Brienne is supposed to be fairly meh looking, right? And that she's also huge - like bigger than Loras and Renly? I know they can take some liberties about appearance, but picking someone who's shorter, smaller, and way more beautiful kinda ruins the point of her.

What about Joss Stone as Brienne? She played Anne of Cleves in The Tudors, and managed not to look particularly pretty, though cute in an understated way, and seemed to be a good-sized young woman, not teeny or waifish. I have no idea of her height, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joss_Stone

What about Joss Stone as Brienne? She played Anne of Cleves in The Tudors, and managed not to look particularly pretty, though cute in an understated way, and seemed to be a good-sized young woman, not teeny or waifish. I have no idea of her height, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joss_Stone

Joss Stone is 5ft 10, so she just scrapes into the height requirement.

Oh fug it, let's just have Angelina Jolie playing Asha and Coach Bieste from Glee playing Brienne. Who cares what age the characters are supposed to be, right? rolleyes.gif They are the best match for the character! AJ is already badass and sexy, and Coach Bieste in full armor will be so natural. Problem solved. thumbsup.gif

On a serious note, they could send out a casting call for female athletes or wrestlers who want to go into acting. The male wrestlers are able to break into acting slowly, so why not give this opportunity to the female wrestlers? They could find a budding actress among the athletes/wrestlers with the physique that fits Brienne. Heck, the actress doesn't even have to be good as Brienne is supposed to be awkward anyway.

Hey, Angelina Jolie would make a good Melisandre! Seriously. And you've made me have fantasies of first-season Glee's 'Sue Sylvester' taking a verbal hatchet to Cersei and bullying the Hound...

You guys keep picking northerners for southern characters.

I think they're establishing similarities between England's and Westeros' northern and southern accents. As much as I love him, Eccleston can't play Stannis since he has a northern accent and neither can Liam Neeson play Qhorin for the same reason.

Love the idea of Ian McShane for Blackfish. Hell I would love him as Euron if he weren't too old

You guys keep picking northerners for southern characters.

I think they're establishing similarities between England's and Westeros' northern and southern accents. As much as I love him, Eccleston can't play Stannis since he has a northern accent and neither can Liam Neeson play Qhorin for the same reason.

Robert was played by a Northerner so it's a bit absurd to say a Northerner can't play his brother.

Anyway, Ecclestone is capable of doing other accents.

Robert was played by a Northerner so it's a bit absurd to say a Northerner can't play his brother.

Anyway, Ecclestone is capable of doing other accents.

Precisely, in fact Addy is from somewhere slightly further North than Eccleston is. Though it did baffle me that Renly and Robert sounded entirely different, it clearly shows that casting northerners as southerners isn't considered an issue.

Archived