[BOOK SPOILERS] EP101 Discussion

Ran

I read every bit of praise lavished upon the opening sequence of credits and I still was amazed by how cool that was. And you can easily imagine it being adjusted to different areas if they are fortunate enough to be subsequent seasons.

Man. I have been looking forward to this for months and it's finally here and I wasn't let down at all. Is it next week yet?!

Overall, I think the premier was pretty awesome. It does suffer from exposition, as was mentioned in many of the reviews, but on the whole it was bad-ass.

I don't know if I can watch this series, though. it is PAINFUL seeing these people and knowing what is in store for their characters. :bawl:

I was bored. A very expository episode, I found it uninteresting. Though, this might be because I was already familiar with the characters, so exposition, which bores me in general, bored me doubly.

Initial thoughts -

Thought the Stark kids were all great. Sansa looks way too old to be playing a 13 year old.

Forget all this talk of 2 beheadings in the first five minutes - gut spew at the Dothraki wedding was aweseome.

Liked the little touch of the bath water being "too hot" but Daenerys got in anyway.

More after I have watched it again (think HBO is showing it three times back-to-back tonight).

Edit to add - almost couldn't watch "the push" at the end.

Gawds was that excellent!!!!

The only quibble I have is making Cat so dead set against Ned accepting the offer to be The Hand. I'm thinking the producers want to make her more sympathetic. Cause I've truly hated her since my first read of GOT.

The rest ? like dreams coming true. Amazing

Loved it. My dad loved it. He just peppered me with questions as it ended. He of course loved Tyrion and Arya.

Lysa sending a direct letter was different. Littlefinger playing a more dangerous game.

I knew that intellectually it made sense for them to cliffhanger Bran's fall in as the end of the first episode, but I'm surprised - it seemed like time was running awful fast there to the end - I'm shocked they managed to get it in.

Great episode. Viserys is perfect - you just can't wait for him to finally get his crown, he's so detestable!!

And Sean Bean was great - I really didn't even think of him as Boromir even though he looked so similar in terms of costuming and such.

Given the huge number of characters they had to introduce I think they did a hell of a job getting a lot of them introduced very quickly and getting things rolling -- I'm very impressed with the script.

OK, I'm sold.

Can be picked abpart like Jackson's LOTR for the similarities and differences - overall, I liked it.

T detail that went into the sets, armor, clothing, etc was just amazing - made it even more enjoyable to see that level of detail.

And yeah..."the things I do for love".

Can't wait to see how some of the other shocker scenes get played out.

I don't know if I can watch this series, though. it is PAINFUL seeing these people and knowing what is in store for their characters. :bawl:

My dad started asking me who dies (he prefers to be spoilered). I basically said "everyone". :P

Loved it. My dad loved it. He just peppered me with questions as it ended. He of course loved Tyrion and Arya.

Lysa sending a direct letter was different. Littlefinger playing a more dangerous game.

that was one of the few things that I'm not sure I liked as a change - but we will see how it plays out.

Archived