Ramsay Bolton

gulogulo

Hey good people. I just finished "A Clash of Kings" and have a question about Ramsay Bolton. If I'm not meant to understand yet, please just say so and I'll happily wait.

-- When Reek (Red Helm) reveals himself as Ramsay, he tells Theon this little tale about the real Reek dying in his place, and some sort of necrophilia going on. Are we supposed to know what girl they were chasing, and why?

Hey good people. I just finished "A Clash of Kings" and have a question about Ramsay Bolton. If I'm not meant to understand yet, please just say so and I'll happily wait.

-- When Reek (Red Helm) reveals himself as Ramsay, he tells Theon this little tale about the real Reek dying in his place, and some sort of necrophilia going on. Are we supposed to know what girl they were chasing, and why?

I know the scene you're talking about, but I'd have to go back and re-re-read it to see if there's any sub-text I'm forgetting, but I don't think so.

I don't think the girl they were <ahem> "assaulting" was anyone of note (as terrible as that sounds), other than just some poor girl who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think that little scene is to show just how demented Ramsay really is.

I know the scene you're talking about, but I'd have to go back and re-re-read it to see if there's any sub-text I'm forgetting, but I don't think so.

I don't think the girl they were <ahem> "assaulting" was anyone of note (as terrible as that sounds), other than just some poor girl who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think that little scene is to show just how demented Ramsay really is.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks very much.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In the end of ACoK I was thinking Theon is dead.

From a gauntleted backhand? I don't know, I never thought he was dead. We see him get backhanded and lose consciousness. We never see him killed, and he's a noble and heir to the Iron Islands. That's a valuable captive that you take alive if possible. We never see him take a life threatening wound or injury in ACoK. They wouldn't have him lose consciousness from a backhand, and then say "Oh yeah, Ramsey ended up killing him later". Plus there is the fact that if he were dead, they would have had Bran and co find his body.

That is what I meant when I said that while it wasn't outright stated he was captured, it could certainly be inferred. It is the only outcome that makes sense based on what we know from ACoK.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They should have introduced Ramsay in season 2. At the end of Valar Morghulis, the ironborn betray Theon and knock him out after his rousing speech.

They are going to hand him over to Ramsay. So if the viewers knew what "that" means, they would have truely understood the plight of Theon.

I completely agree, after reading CoK I really would have liked to have seen the Bastard of Bolton in all his necrophiliac-and-child-flaying glory. Plus it seems like it's going to be pretty difficult to fit in this whole storyline and character in the following seasons given the limited amount of episodes and time in the show

• 1 month later...

They should have introduced Ramsay in season 2. At the end of Valar Morghulis, the ironborn betray Theon and knock him out after his rousing speech.

They are going to hand him over to Ramsay. So if the viewers knew what "that" means, they would have truely understood the plight of Theon.

agreed.

the Bolton arch..just doesn't seem to fit the flow of the books *sigh*

• 3 weeks later...

Archived