[Book Spoilers] EP102 Discussion

Ran

LOVED LOVED LOVED this episode! All the direwolf screentime was awesome! :fencing:

Also, aside: the "too much nudity" discussion can be put to rest now. They used it sparingly and not at all gratuitously this time, even passed up an opportunity for a lesbian sex scene.

I missed the "it should have been you" line.

Forgot how absolutely-fucking-angry this sequence of events made me. Almost even more painful to watch it play out on the screen.

Eff you, Sansa. And Joffrey. Seriously, you deserve each other.

The lack of Ghost is the only thing really irking me. They could have put at least CGI wolf trailing Jon

Joff is odd looking to me, but you definitely hate him, which I guess means he fits his role

Ghost it would seem found his way to the cutting room floor.

Yeah, that was strange. One of my few complaints from this episode (along with Cat finding the blond hair). Would have expected to see Ghost following Jon north to the Wall or in camp when he talked with Tyrion, at the very least.

Great, just great. I didn't care for CSI: Winterfell, but otherwise just great. I am going to have to convince fiance that not all the episodes will end with her so upset...

2 for 2 on the final scene (though I thought we'd get a brief dream sequence and see something dangerous beyond the wall, just to make us know how important it is).

You see some bits of Ghost, I'm sure he will become more featured when he does in the books (when dealing with the folks at the wall). He becomes the only important wolf for most of the books, after all. (With how minimal Bran quickly becomes) Of course Nymeria may return at some point, certainly hinted about enough in Feast.

Man that called for another hour. Loved every minute, but wanted so much more. Wanted "it should have been you". Wanted the scene with Robb and Catelyn agreeing that Summer should sleep with Bran henceforth. Wanted Robert telling Joffrey that it would have been a mercy if Bran had died a clean death. Wanted Cersei clamoring for Lady's pelt. Wanted Theon to actually have a name. Wanted it all.

I feel it is going at breakneck speed, to the detriment of the experience. But ten episodes is what the Gods (old and new) have granted, ten it shall be. The omissions are clearly for the sake of time.

Luwin's chain is silly. But not a deal-breaker.

I loved the episode. Seeing scenes like the Lannister breakfast and the 'trial' of Arya as nearly exact translations was amazing.

Lady's death was as horrible as it should have been. The acting of Emilia Clarke was an amazing improvement in this episode over the last, IMHO. And Michele Fairley as Catelyn was amazing. As expected Tyrion and Arya stole their scenes. Tyrion slapping Joffrey was probably my favorite scene, just for Joffrey's future sins. And I love the 'Needle' scene. Especially the big ol' bear hug at the end. Another absolutely great episode.

My only two problems, the first rather trivial, the second more serious. Arya being pronounced as "Ar-e-yuh" by Sansa. I know that is how the actors were saying it but I thought it was going to be dubbed over, it certainly was when Robert asked Arya's name in the first episode. And the second problem was the Catelyn/Cersei scene. Not because they are setting Cersei up to be sympathetic, because I think they definitely made her unlikeable when she insisted on Lady's execution, but because of the whole "fever took my first son" thing. Unless Cersei was lying to Catelyn, but she didn't seem like it. We all know *checks to see that this is the book spoiler thread* that Cersei was supposed to kill the actual children of Robert's. So I'm not sure how this fits in.

But really, minor problems with an amazing episode.

Did I miss it, or was Ghost nowhere to be seen as Jon headed north to the Wall?

And... Lady... sniff. :bawl: Cersei, you vicious bitch, I'll enjoy your long slide downwards. Sansa, for shame, shallow little coward, you disgrace your good name.

ok, that was actually quite weak. i’m sorry the didn’t show bran’s flashback or micah’s corpse. and not enough viserys and jon.

looking forward to episode 3 ;)

They did show Micah's corpse, it was the bloody body that Sandor brought back.

I did love how they handled the Jos mother issue. The person I watched it with had just asked, "So who is Jon's mother??" when Robert and Ned discussed Wylla.

Dub and I were shocked at how many scenes were verbatim from the book.

This episode was stellar, really. No complaints. Glad they cut Bran's dream, as that would likely be too strange to see. I wonder if theyll have him talk about it, though.

Also loved how they connected Bran and the wolves.

Archived