[BOOK/TV SPOILERS] Celebrating the little touches

undertow

So far, what have been your favorite "little touches" of acting, set design, or whatever? Personally, I loved how Ser Rodrik tries to keep from laughing when Robert tells Ned he's gotten fat. I also appreciate the way Ned and Jory muscled their way through the Lannister men-at-arms in Episode 2. Those 2 scenes combined really show the close relationship between the Cassels and the Starks.

Sansa's bad acting just makes me hate her more, which is a good thing since I dont want to ever feel sympathy for her.

Sansa's acting isn't bad it's perfect for the role of a spoiled, priviliged, romantically deluded, thirteen year old girl. The actress is skilled; the character is annoying. But I still love her because I was an annoying thirteen year old girl myself once, only not beautiful.

Sansa's acting isn't bad it's perfect for the role of a spoiled, priviliged, romantically deluded, thirteen year old girl. The actress is skilled; the character is annoying. But I still love her because I was an annoying thirteen year old girl myself once, only not beautiful.

Just so.

Couldn't agree more - I think she's doing a marvelous job.

My favorite bit throughout the two episodes thus far is Viserys running down the steps after Drogo leaves. I also love how Jon Snow looks so uncomfortable in Cat's presence and his reply to Robb about how nice she was to him.

A piece of costume design I thought was great, they have Drogo wearing his belt. I'd forgotten about the belt completely, despite it's use later on, and was surprised they'd bother making it a constant piece of his wardrobe.

• 2 weeks later...

All of Viserys' facial expressions during the wedding. Someone already mentioned him laughing about the deaths, but I also liked his reactions to some of the gifts. Like the snakes, you can tell he's thinking "what the hell kind of a gift is that?"

I also loved Jaime being a fanboy of Barristan Selmy, just like he is in the books. It really shows another side of his character.

This probably wasn't intentional and is likely more of a byproduct of good acting, but the crazed look in Arya's eyes when she pins Joffrey down is fucking awesome.

:agree: That look gave me chills and that's when I knew we have the perfect Arya

The background during the violence/nudity/etc. ratings screens are awesome. I'd never noticed this until I now, but they have great image of the throne there. Very well done, I must say.

I'm from Chicago. Gotta establish that so this next stuff makes sense. I hear all sorts of British-y accents going on and unlike Professor Henry Higgins, I can't tell where someone British is from or what their social class/status is based on their accents. (I'm from Chicago, remember...) BUT, my admittedly-ignorant American ears tell me that Ned's accent is not posh upper-class, at all. It sounds blue-collar, working-class to me.

So, it makes me happy that Benjen's accent isn't posh, either. He's a working-class guy, just like brother Ned. When John takes the 'elevator' to the top of the wall and looks out at the North, Benjen stands there with him and says "I wanted to be here with you when you first sawr this." Sawr?

Such a little moment. It made me happy.

Archived