[BOOK/TV SPOILERS] Celebrating the little touches

undertow

As for the little touches, most of mine have been taken (Arya's "But how can you let her marry someone like that" was brilliant... such a perfectly innocent and devastating question). Does Mord's "No gold!" exclamation count? He was pretty priceless.

I loved the fact that they kept Mord in. He is such a small character with very little impact on the plot. They could of just had a nodescript turnkey or even just Tyrion talking to him from behind the door but instead they got an actor who could it and they made him look the part and i loved it

• 2 weeks later...

When Syrio was fighting the guards and his wooden sword got broken off, we got a (very) brief close-up shot of the broken end showing that there was a steel rod running through the center of the wooden sword (EXACTLY like in the book) and that the jagged end of the steel rod was sticking out just slightly further than the wood around it.

LOL, anybody have any memory of Trant seen limping after his encounter with Syrio? sigh... a girl has faith...

:fencing:

Check out the Small Council room chairs- its such a small thing that most people probably never notice it.....but I use to teach machine embroidery classes so it caught my eye. The Kings chair has the Stag embroidered on it and the Hands chair still has Jon Arryn's Sigil of the Falcon & Crescent Moon embroidered on. Poor Ned wasn't there long enough to get his Direwolf Sigil embroidered on his chair. All the other chairs seem to be blank, from what I can tell. Wonder if at the start of Season 2, will see the Lannister Lion on the Hands chair?

Archived