Cast listings

Werthead

I clicked on these two links, the second one, Spencer Wilding, has movie posters of the stuff he has been in, and when GoT pops up, the subtitle says: "2011 Television Hero White Walker Game of Thrones HBO"

I think Dothraki Brute might be off, unless he is playing dual roles (and why not?)

Yes, very possible that both Wilding and Whyte had multiple roles. Many web sites with cast lists have a blank role for both of them, and others have "Dothraki brute." The only place I see a reference to white walker is Wilding's web site (thanks for the link!). "Hero white walker" is an interesting description...

Eight new names from Episode 6, some of whom I can't find role information for:

Amira Ghazella - probably old crone at Vaes Dothrak

Niall Cusack

Stephen Don - Stiv/Night Watch deserter

Patrick Rocks

Barrington Cullen - "Older knight of the Vale"

Barry O'Connor - "Night watchman" - presumably one of Stiv's fellow deserters

David Scott - Beric Dondarrion

Natalia Tena - Osha

I'm guessing that Niall and/or Patrick were Night Watch deserters as well, although one of them could have been the Riverlands spokesman in the throne room, or the Dothraki who helps Qotho restrain Viserys, or one of the Vale knights in attendance at the trial.

edit: both Emun Elliott (Marillion) and Finn Jones (Loras) are listed in the closing credits for the episode, but I don't remember seeing them. Possibly they were in the background in the Eyrie and KL throne rooms, respectively.

Eight new names from Episode 6, some of whom I can't find role information for:

Amira Ghazella - probably old crone at Vaes Dothrak

Niall Cusack

Stephen Don - Stiv/Night Watch deserter

Patrick Rocks

Barrington Cullen - "Older knight of the Vale"

Barry O'Connor - "Night watchman" - presumably one of Stiv's fellow deserters

David Scott - Beric Dondarrion

Natalia Tena - Osha

I'm guessing that Niall and/or Patrick were Night Watch deserters as well, although one of them could have been the Riverlands spokesman in the throne room, or the Dothraki who helps Qotho restrain Viserys, or one of the Vale knights in attendance at the trial.

edit: both Emun Elliott (Marillion) and Finn Jones (Loras) are listed in the closing credits for the episode, but I don't remember seeing them. Possibly they were in the background in the Eyrie and KL throne rooms, respectively.

In the ambush scene there were Stiv, Osha and 2 other men with them. Of the 2 others only one of them had a line so I think its likely that the non-speaking actor would have just been credited as a stunt performer.

There were 2 noticeable speaking roles as the knights of the Vale clamoured to be Lysa's champion in Tyrion's combat. If O'Connor was the older night I'd speculate that either Cusack or Rocks was the younger one. The other speaking part I noted down was the Riverrun petitioner to the council at King's Landing so I'd guess the remaining cast member had that role.

I agree that Amira Ghazella was likely the Dosh Khaleen member leading the chanting at Vaes Dothrak.

...a reference to white walker is Wilding's web site (thanks for the link!). "Hero white walker" is an interesting description...

Actually, the way the copy and paste worked, I trimmed some what pasted without any formatting, so it might be something like 2011 - Television Hero - White Walker - Game of Thrones - HBO

What is Television Hero? Good question...

I think hero is a television/movie term for a part that would normally be played by an extra since it is a non-speaking part, but for some reason it has to recieve a lot of camera attention while doing something difficult, so has to be played by somebody who know what they are doing such as an actor or a sword fighter. I.e., it is not a normal extra, it is a hero extra because it recieves more attention than the other extras. In a battle scene for instance, this would be somebody who is not a character in the show, but the camera focuses on them fighting for a few seconds, so they have to have more training than the others.

That kind of signifies that there were more than one person playng white walkers, and he only did the acting parts, which isn't entirely plausible. So I'm not sure if that is what it meant.

New names for Episode 7:

Graham Charles

Charles Dance - Tywin Lannister

Phil Dixon

Brian Fortune - Night's Watch officer/"Bowen Marsh"

Sahara Knite - Armeca (Ros' co-worker)

Simon Lowe - Wineseller assassin

Dennis McKeever

Tristan Mercieca

Jeffrey O'Brien

Possible roles:

Boy who gives Ser Jorah a letter from Varys (his pardon)

Night's Watch officer who summons the Rangers at "Graduation" (Ser Jaremy Rykker?)

Heavyset Northern guard who takes Ned's letter for Stannis (Fat Tom?)

A member of the Night's Watch at the weirwood (besides "Bowen")?

A member of the Khalasar during Khal Drogo's speech?

Other?

edit: Tyrion, Catelyn, Bran, Robb, Sansa, and Arya are all absent from Episode 7.

Thanks for your thoughts on episode 7 Huan, I can't help with the remaining few unidentified roles (had the same possibilities minus the Dothraki)

New names for episode 8:

Mark Lewis Jones - Shagga son of Dolf, Head of the Stone Crows, companion of Tyrion Lannister

Clive Mantle - Greatjon Umber, Bannerman to House Stark

Ian Beattie - Ser Meryn Trant, member of the Kingsguard

Ian Gelder - Lord Kevan Lannister, brother to Tywin Lannister, uncle to Cersei, Jaime and Tyrion

Mia Soteriou - Mirri Maz Duur, Slave of Khal Drogo, Maegi

Simon Stewart - Lannister messenger (reports the Northmen crossing the Neck)

Matthew Scurfield

Frank O'Sullivan

Chris Gallagher

Rick Burn - Stark Guard (captures a Lannister Scout and delivers him to Robb Stark)

Hugo Culverhouse - Stableboy (killed by Arya)

Possible roles:

Night's Watch Ranger - Returns with the bodies from the Godswood

Steward to House Stark (? Vayon Poole) killed by Lannister guardsmen in Kings Landing while loading a cart for the Stark girl's escape

Lannister scout - Captured and then released by the Northmen

With regard to the starring cast Nikolaj Coster-Waldau was not credited and accordingly Jaime Lannister did not appear in this episode. Likewise with their characters gone both Mark Addy and Harry Lloyd were not credited.

I think Matthew Scurfield played the Stark steward killed in Kings Landing based on his photo here.

Chris Gallagher has a CV through his agents site that confirms him as the Lannister Scout.

Frank O'Sullivan's agents site confirms that he played a nightwatchman here.

I guess thats episode 8 done!

The episode 8 list looks good, thanks opark77! I tracked down the same info for Rick Burn, Chris Gallagher, Frank O'Sullivan, Matthew Scurfield, and Simon Stewart. Frank O'Sullivan is the Night's Watch guy who informs LC Mormont that a raven has arrived.

I noticed two uncredited parts:

1. Lannister guard with Meryn Trant who calls Syrio a foreign bastard

2. Mago the khalasar member who challenges Khal Drogo

I am very surprised that Mago's role is uncredited.

Some non-speaking but named roles that are uncredited:

Othor

Jafer Flowers

Timett son of Timett

Chella daughter of Chek

I'm still having no luck tracking down the mystery roles/actors from Episode 7...

I have seen it quite a few times in certain shows where the credits will include an actor not in that episode, and especially in light of GRRM's blog post, it sounds like scenes are landing in episodes they were not originally planned to fall into.

So, likely there is a lag or disconnect between what's planned to land in one episode and sent to the credits folks, and what is shown? :dunno:

From this ep:

Colin Carnegie

Bryan McCaugherty

Stephen Grech

Edward Mercieca - the baker Arya barters with, according to Wikipedia

Marcus Lamb - Nightwatchman according to Wikipedia, but which one is unclear

From this ep:

Colin Carnegie

Bryan McCaugherty

Stephen Grech

Edward Mercieca - the baker Arya barters with, according to Wikipedia

Marcus Lamb - Nightwatchman according to Wikipedia, but which one is unclear

Thanks Werthead! I hadn't seen the baker info. Found a link to a picture of Marcus Lamb, this should help identify him, although I haven't had time to re-watch the episode. Also new to this episode are Sibel Kekilli as Shae and David Bradley as Lord Frey.

edit: I'm pretty sure Janos Slynt was present at the Sept, but Dominic Carter is not listed in the closing credits.

Thanks Werthead! I hadn't seen the baker info. Found a link to a picture of Marcus Lamb, this should help identify him, although I haven't had time to re-watch the episode. Also new to this episode are Sibel Kekilli as Shae and David Bradley as Lord Frey.

edit: I'm pretty sure Janos Slynt was present at the Sept, but Dominic Carter is not listed in the closing credits.

I think Marcus Lamb is the guardsman who comes down the stairs as Jon comes out of Mormont's chambers and says to Jon, "You earned that, Snow!"

I need to rewatch 108 to be sure, but it looks to me lik the next guy Jon meets, the one who just goes, "Well done," is the same guy last week who told Mormont that a raven had arrived for Maester Aemon. But there aren't any minor castmembers from Episode 108 reused in 109. Curious. Might be a different guy, I guess.

I think Marcus Lamb is the guardsman who comes down the stairs as Jon comes out of Mormont's chambers and says to Jon, "You earned that, Snow!"

I need to rewatch 108 to be sure, but it looks to me lik the next guy Jon meets, the one who just goes, "Well done," is the same guy last week who told Mormont that a raven had arrived for Maester Aemon. But there aren't any minor castmembers from Episode 108 reused in 109. Curious. Might be a different guy, I guess.

I agree with you that the second guy is the one who announced the raven in Episode 8 (Frank O'Sullivan). Quite possible they just didn't credit him for this episode or this scene was originally intended for Episode 8 so the crediting was a bit off.

So, the current state of play is (people who are still unknown are in red):

Winter is Coming

Rania Zouari - Pentoshi servant (confirmed)

Ian Whyte - unknown

Spencer Wilding - White Walker (confirmed)

Claire Wright - Dead Wildling (likely)

The Kingsroad

Conor Delaney - Lannister Guard (confirmed)

Lord Snow

Robert Sterne - King's Landing Courtier (confirmed and for several later episodes)

Paul Portelli - Drunk Man (likely)

Nikovich Sammut - Goldcloak #1 (likely)

Seamus Kelly - Goldcloak #2 (likely)

Emily Diamond - Whore (confirmed and for several later episodes)

Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things

Kevin Keenan - Knight of House Whent (confirmed and in the next episode)

Patrick Ryan - Knight of House Bracken (confirmed, but not credited for the next episode despite Tyrion stealing his shield; weird)

Ryan McKenna - Knight of House Frey (confirmed and in the next episode)

The Wolf and the Lion

Alan Paris - Goldcloak (unconfirmed, but Wikipedia says so)

A Golden Crown

Amira Ghazella - Dothaki crone (unconfirmed, but deduced as there's no-one else she can be)

Niall Cusack - Riverlands refugee (unconfirmed, but head-shots do look like the guy)

Patrick Rocks - Younger Knight of the Vale (unconfirmed, but deduced as there's no-one else he can be)

Barrington Cullen - Older Knight of the Vale (confirmed)

Barry O'Connor - Wallen/Wildling (listed as 'Night's Watchman', but there are no NW guys in this ep; HBO may have confused Wallen's bio with Stiv's, as Stiv is a deserter but I don't recall Wallen being one as well)

You Win or You Die

Graham Charles - unknown

Jeffrey O'Brien - unknown

Dennis McKeever - unknown

Phil Dixon - unknown

Tristan Mercieca - unconfirmed, but probably the boy who tells Jorah he can go home; another 'Mercieca' plays the King's Landing baker in 109, suggesting it's a Maltese name so it tracks with the filming locations.

Possible roles: Night's Watchman who says, "Rangers, with me!"; Night's Watchman who says, "Builders!" (this may be a VO only role though, so possibly uncredited); big Stark Guard who takes Ned's letter to Stannis (he does have a line, "Yes, M'lord,"); other Stark guard who yells at Robert Sterne's courtier as he approaches Ned

The Pointy End

Simon Stewart - Lannister messenger ("Ser Addam reports...", confirmed)

Matthew Scurfield - Stark steward (the one who gets stabbed through the back, confirmed)

Frank O' Sullivan - Night's Watch messenger ("Maester Aemon reports a raven...", confirmed)

Chris Gallagher - Lannister scout ("20,000 I think, maybe more...", confirmed)

Rick Burn - Stark guard ("We caught this guy...", confirmed)

Apparently uncredited: Mago, weirdly, unless he's one of the guys from 107.

Baelor

Robert Mercieca - King's Landing baker (confirmed)

Marcus Lamb - Night's Watchman ("You deserve that, Snow," likely due to headshot vs actor appearance)

Colin Carnegie - unknown

Bryan McCaugherty - unknown

Stephen Grech - unknown

Possible roles: Walder Frey's heir, Walder Frey's bastard, the kid who tells Arya that "They're taking him to the Sept of Baelor!"

Apparently uncredited: Joyeuse Erenford (Walder Frey's wife), Frank O'Sullivan (he says, "Well done!" to Jon) - maybe that scene was moved from 108?

Winter is Coming

Ian Whyte - unknown

Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things

Kevin Keenan - Knight of House Whent (confirmed and in the next episode)

Patrick Ryan - Knight of House Bracken (confirmed, but not credited for the next episode despite Tyrion stealing his shield; weird)

Ryan McKenna - Knight of House Frey (confirmed and in the next episode)

A Golden Crown

Barry O'Connor - Wallen/Wildling (listed as 'Night's Watchman', but there are no NW guys in this ep; HBO may have confused Wallen's bio with Stiv's, as Stiv is a deserter but I don't recall Wallen being one as well)

1x01. Ian Whyte played a White Walker. http://www.actorzinc.com/ianwhyte.html

1x04. How are these confirmed? In 1x05 we see the Bracken Knight sitting by the road just before the hill tribes attack. So he was there, and since Patrick Ryan was not credited for that episode, I'd say that either Keenan or McKenna played the Bracken knight. I'm guessing the other one then played the Whent knight, as a Frey would be the most likely person not to join Cat on the road. And since Patrick Ryan is not credited for 1x05, he most probably played the Frey at the inn in 1x04. I tried to find the other two knights by the roadside, but couldn't recognize either. But at least one of the two (Whent or Frey) had to be there, since two were credited for 1x05, and one of them was the Bracken knight for sure.

1x06. I'm pretty sure they just decided to have two NW deserters in the group and that's why O'Connor's role is the mentioned one.

By the way, wikipedia is never a reliable source for anything, so if that is the only source for some casting info, then it's rumor only.

And I don't buy the explanation that because a scene was switched to some other episode than it was originally intended to that the credits might be wrong in some episodes. Otherwise we would have a credit for Mark Lewis Jones in 1x07, since that was where Shagga was originally supposed to be introduced. There have been a few minor typos in the credits in some of the episodes, but I don't think there have been any name there that didn't belong in it. On the other hand, many names have been omitted, both cast and crew, but that's different (e.g. Tommy Dunne finally got credited for being the weapons master in 1x09 even though he's worked on every episode, so far he'd been uncredited; another important crew member, Bryan Cogman, has also been uncredited for the whole first season apart from the writing credit for 1x04). Actor-wise, we've only seen minor characters being uncredited.

I don't have any info on the other missing ones. The roles they probably played are pretty straight forward, but who played which?

edit: Actually, Stephen Grech might very well be the boy talking to Arya since IMDb has no Stephen Grech at all. That could be because that young boy maybe has no acting credits at all prior to this. The same was true of Tristan Mercieca, but now he is in IMDb because of GoT.

So both Whyte and Wilding were White Walkers? Which is odd because only one (the 'Hero White Walker', played by Wilding) is prominently featured. A bunch more are way back in the background when Gared is beheaded, but there's nothing to distinguish a second White Walker from any of the others. Curious.

And I don't buy the explanation that because a scene was switched to some other episode than it was originally intended to that the credits might be wrong in some episodes.

We already know this might be the case from Frank O'Sullivan being credited for 108 but not 109 when he appears in both episodes (though we don't have confirmation the Longclaw scene was moved from 108 to 109, but if not O'Sullivan's exclusion is weird).

edit: Actually, Stephen Grech might very well be the boy talking to Arya since IMDb has no Stephen Grech at all. That could be because that young boy maybe has no acting credits at all prior to this. The same was true of Tristan Mercieca, but now he is in IMDb because of GoT.

GRECH is a Maltese surname if that's any help.

Archived