[NO SPOILERS] Official Episode 2: Character Rankings

TheEvilKing

Hi team. These are the Official character rankings for Episode 2.

BADASS RANKINGS:

1. Arya - She totally would have killed Joffrey if it wasn't a terrible idea to kill the heir to the throne.

2. Tyrion - For bitchslapping Joff

3. Summer

4. Cat - For fighting the assassin. Ouch.

5. Nymeria

Honourable mention: Robb - the most badass at making appointments

Dishonourable mention: Joffrey

CHARACTER PORTRAYAL RANKINGS:

1. Ned

2. Tyrion

3. Robert

4. Arya

5. Joffrey

Honourable mention: Cat - so much improved over episode 1

Dishonourable mention: Ilyn Payne. Seriously, what was that all about?

Feel free to discuss the Official rankings or post your own. :angry2:

I think all the child actors should get some major props. From what I have read, this is their first major production on any scale, and they are doing the job. If non-readers, like my wife, already loathe Joffrey so much that she turns to me and goes "He needs to die, please tell me he dies. Stab him! Stab him with the sword! Do it! DO IT!" Then the actor is doing a bang up job nailing his part.

Good television is supposed to bring forth emotional responses like that. It shouldn't be like "Legend of the Seeker" or Zena where I laugh my ass off and comment on how campy and fake everything looks.

I thought Sansa did a great job, especially the scene at the end of the episode.

I do agree with Ilyn Payne, I never saw him as being that old from the description in the books, and for a actor that has no lines only body language the could of picked someone a bit more physically intimidating. More time will tell but first impression is big fail for me.

I do agree with Ilyn Payne, I never saw him as being that old from the description in the books, and for a actor that has no lines only body language the could of picked someone a bit more physically intimidating. More time will tell but first impression is big fail for me.

I actually didn't really have a problem with Ilyn... I think in a lot of ways it has everything to do with POV. All of the characters are inclined to see him as menacing, because he's dour and the King's Executioner (and a harsh reminder of the Bad Old Days when the Mad King ripped people's tongues out for fun) but there's really no reason that he should actually be all that terrifying. He doesn't have to fight any more, and he's been executioner for a long time...

I actually think it's fitting that the King's Justice is a sad, angry old man who was cruelly disfigured by one king and is used by another to do things that he's too avoidant/lazy/afraid/unwilling to do himself. His only pleasures come from killing, but that doesn't mean he has to be physically imposing, just horrible. And this Ser ilyn is horrible, and causes fear because of his actions, not his bearing. I can get into that, narratively speaking.

The guy who plays Robb Stark was awful in my opinion. He just seems very awkward and looks uncomfortable in his role. His facial expressions are just random and empty. The scene where he says goodbye to Jon Snow was just terrible. :/

I do agree with Ilyn Payne, I never saw him as being that old from the description in the books.

I don't see any problem with his age, considering medieval times 30 was pretty old already and 40 was really old.

I don't remember age specifics from the book, but he's old enough to have been the executioner for 3 kings.

Best minor part - I vote for Maester Luwin. He commands that role, and has a killer voice.

(paraphrase)

"Is war going to break out in the Godswood? How soon words of war become acts of war."

I agree, Luwin (is that the correct spelling? I seem to remember an 'e' in there) is pretty good. Ser Jorah is excellent too.

Ser Jorah is one of those roles I'm really excited to see develop on screen. He hasn't done much yet but the actor playing him is already showing tons of potential.

I disagree about Robb, though I do still think he was miscast a bit. He looks even older than Theon to me, and he looks twice the age of Joffrey. I just think that

it'll be way too believable when this young Stark starts leading armies. He already looks mid-twenties.

I agree, Luwin (is that the correct spelling? I seem to remember an 'e' in there) is pretty good. Ser Jorah is excellent too.

Am I the only one that's getting an Obi-wan Kenobi vibe from Ser Jorah so far? It's definitely not written that way, but that's how he's come across to me so far on TV. Nothing wrong with him really, I just think it's kind of funny.

Yea I was going to post something about the scene in which Cat fights off the assassin, looked pretty realistic and ... painful.

I cringed.

But yeah, hated Cat in the first episode, thought her acting was so bad. But she was so much better in this one. Her facial expressions when poor ol' Jonny Boy was saying goodbye to Bran...

I find I enjoy the characters in the show that I enjoy most in the books - Arya and Tyrion. And both actors are doing a terrific job.

But I have to give that episode to Michelle Fairley, who was brilliant by Bran's bedside.

Yeah, they're definetly my favourite actors in the series at this point.

Archived