Favorite Character so far?

brocklaser

I enjoy so many of the characters. I like Catelyn (because someone has to like Catelyn), I think its nice to have an experienced POV to temper out all the younger characters. It took awhile for me to grow to love Arya. Jon is probably my least favorite, but once I start one of his chapters, I soon warm up to what is going on.

I'm in my first reread of the book and only a few chapters in but if I recall from my first read my favorite characters were Jon and Dany. So far in my reread Jon continues to be a favorite character. I'm hoping Dany lives of to memory.

I haven't seen the HBO version of AGoT so don't have that to compare the books against. It will be interesting to watch the show after my reread and see if my character preferences change.

Got to be Theon 1st. Don't know why but i was just drawn to him...he is like the Stark's shadow.

Robb - It's Robb and he truely has some of my favourite lines "Tell Tywin Lannister that 20,000 northernmen are marching south to see if he really shits gold" - best quote of the book :)

Best discourse is definately Cersei/Ned has so many great lines that show her as the caring mother that will do ANYTHING for her kids.

It's probably not a very popular thing to say but I really wanted to like Cersi throughout most of the series that I've read so far. I'm a little disappointed now that I'm just now reading her pov chapters and you get to see that yea, she really is just a psycho.

I have love Danerys and her story since the very beginning, I'm hopeful that whats going on with her now is just an interlude and she gets back on the right path soon.

I HATE HATE HATE Sansa at this point, I really hope she goes through some sort of dramatic change and starts living in the real world soon. Kinda tired of her overplayed fantasy of what life is like.

My favourites for the first book are Bran, Tyrion and Arya, in that order. I liked Ned and Jon too. I really, really disliked (hate is a strong word) Sansa here. Reminded me too much of empty-headed snobs I know in RL. Catelyn I was divided on. I liked her some of the time and at other times I just shook my head.

Hey! I'm new to the books, to. I've read AGoT few days ago and now I'm reading ACoK. I'm completely hooked, I even bought ADwD while I was on my vacation, since I wasn't sure if you could find it in my country. I just had to buy it.

My favourite characters are Daenerys and Tyrion. I loved Daenerys' character because you can see a real transformation in it, she is growing up and her chapters are changing. I love how she learns to stand for herself, but saves the others who need help. I wonder what will happen to her next...

And Tyrion - well, he's just so ingenious! He has a great sense of humor and I've always liked characters like him - ugly, but smart.

Also, I loved khal Drogo. He was one of my favourites even though he said almost nothing in the books. The stories about him were fascinating and the respect everybody paid to him until he fell off his horse - that scene was so powerful although it depicted weakness and death. And, I love his and Dany's relationship.

Hope this wasn't a pain in the ass and that this wasn't long-winded.

It's too difficult to pinpoint one!!

I love the characters that change the most, Dany who evolves from a weak bullied girl, Khal Drogo who initially you view as a savage barbarian but come to view as a strong caring leader who falls (literally) from grace.

I love Tyrion's quick wit and "hope for the best" attitude and the ever feisty Arya. But then there's the characters like Cersei who I initially liked for her strength but grew to loathe and Sansa the opposite.

The book is so well written and I love the fact that none of the characters are good and none are bad. Mostly the characters are human, represented in shades of grey, capable of both cruelty and kindness.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've only read half A Game of Thrones, but so far my favorite characters are Dany, Tyrion and Arya. In a strange way I kind of "like" Viserys too... he is interesting because he's so ungrateful and stupid. I am kind of just waiting for the disaster to come for him... he's clearly got it coming, so to speak.

Archived