Glimpses from Anne Groell

Ran

No, not spoilerific at all. I'm thinking the publishers had worked out this whole 'give them a few hints to drive them mad' scenario in advance, no matter what the last word was going to be. Whatever, its just a theory. Do I get a virtual lemon cake if I'm right? (Just no pointy end if I'm wrong, please...)

I think you have to take the good with the bad. :lol:

Oh yeah, the last chapter is an Epilogue. So unless GRRM has changed his rules, the Epilogue will be a totally different, new, one-off POV who dies at the end, like the other Prologue and Epilogue characters. So Dany setting foot on the shores of Dorne wouldn't work (as it's not her POV and I doubt anyone else would make that their last thought as they're dying from some unknown cause). Or if it is 'Dorne', it would presumably be under a different context.

So 'dead' might be right. I'm also wondering if it's 'down', a play on the fact that ASoS ended on 'up'.

"We left Kings Landing that very night, my brother said it was for the best, before someone wondered if we had any part in the King's death and decided to torture us to find out." (Which Kings death? Joff? Who has a brother and left town that night? A Kettleblack maybe? Dosen't sound like them.)

This is the one I'm most interested in. I'm gonna hazard that they don't mean Robert or Aerys, which means it has to be Joff or, possibly, Tommen. Even if Tommen does die in the book though, that sentence sounds like its referring to something not in the immediate past and Tommen can't die until after ADWD catches up to AFFC, which last I heard was past the mid-way point. So I'm gonna say Joff.

Now I don't think any noble had to fear arbitrary torture at the time, Cersei didn't have total control, and it sounds like this person does fear that, so I think it has to be some commoner; possibly a cook or serving person at the wedding. Someone in a position where they would have had an opportunity to poison Joff, and so perhaps cause people to wonder.

If that's true, the question becomes where would such people flee and who could possibly run into a commoner and have them talk frankly to them. I think there are only two, Arya and Brienne. Of the two I say Brienne is the far more likely. Now this does have two unfortunate implications 1) she's still alive, and 2) she's still a POV, but I think all signs point to her.

I think you have to take the good with the bad. :lol:

LOL.. :fencing:

For this tin-foil theory to be right, of course, it'd have to be a death that shocks the holy hell out of all of us and creates an echoing collective NOOOOOOOOO across the width and breadth of ASOIF fandom. Which means it'd have to be one of our favorites, like Ar... no, I can't say it. Or Tyr... arrrgghh. Or Bra.. or Jo.. no, no, I just can't do it, can't speak the names, can't bear any of them to be dead.

But, we know now, George sure can. He did give us the red wedding, after all. Maniac that he is. :ninja:

[*] Something I couldn't place, about someone with a brother who fled King’s Landing after Joffrey’s death (I assume they mean Joff's death, and not Robert's or [this is very far-fetched, but one can't rule it out I guess] Tommen's).

When I first heard her say this I instantly thought that this was Margaerey speaking of fleeing with Loras after the death of Tommen. Simply because I could not think of any other characters that fleed after the death of Joffrey or Robert.

[*]Ramsay Bolton making threats at Winterfell, which I'm guessing is from a "Reek" chapter.
Very interesting that they're back at Winterfell. I thought the castle would be all but abandoned until a Stark comes back to rebuild it.

• Pg. 452 Tyrion playing a game with a thin man, apparently at an inn or something.
  • Pg. 958: More about Ramsay's man-at-arms being killed, called Yellow Dick. Clearly right before the example from earlier.
  • Pg. 1256: Something in Meereen, a man crushed in the press after everyone ran in panic from a dragon.

The original video featured better hints.

Assuming you are replying to me, the text Anne read something like "By midday all of Winterfell had heard..." Which suggests they are back at Winterfell and it is once again inhabited.

No I'm talking about the last word that begins with a "D".

I think it's "Dragonstone." Melisandre murders Shireen to raise her dragon, and the epilogue POV is some dude who dies as the stone beast breaks out of Dragonstone.

Except Dragonstone fell to the Tyrells, so do you think she sneaks in to murder Shireen, or does she do this from the wall and it happens in Dragonstone?

Watching the second video, I notice that the man who gets trampled dies in the "Yellow City", which I believe would apply to Yunkai, built with yellow bricks. (Meereen was built with bricks of many different colors, if I recall.)

Except Dragonstone fell to the Tyrells, so do you think she sneaks in to murder Shireen, or does she do this from the wall and it happens in Dragonstone?

She does it from the Wall and this happens in Dragonstone, hence the need for an epilogue POV.

It could be the dwarves, and Joffrey is the King.

Weren't the jousters from Braavos? If so, this scene could very easily come from Arya's POV.

As for the Yunkai reference, well . . . "to go forward, you must go back"?

If the brothers are the dwarves, I'd laugh heartily. I don't see Tommen dying -> Kettleblacks fleeing. But I can't imagine any brothers who'd be forced to leave when Joff dies. Hmm.

I guess if the Iron Fleet is destroyed, it means that Dany's probably going to rely on Lord Waters' fleet. If Lord Waters' has Dany marry her in return for his fleet, I'd laugh, since no one has expected the Bastard of Driftmark becoming king. But, I mean, he is of Valyrian descent, from an old House, and has a fleet.

An interesting possibility about the dragons is that Victarion has shown up with the horn and seized control of the dragons and decided to smash up the city (Yunkai?) as a show of strength, or just randomly testing out what the horn can do.

Archived