[Book Spoilers] Episode 4 Preview

The fact that the direwolves specifically ghost have been totally ignored has made this nothing more than a poorly acted soap opera. The character development and poor insight on the part of the directors has disappointed me. If you did not read the books you would have no idea what is going on. Further the characters are so poorly developed that each incident seems to have occurred in a vacuum with no connection or significance to other characters. This will get cancelled before season two begins filming

I can only assume this is a poor attempt at trolling. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The adaption of the book is as half ass as I have ever seen. They introduce characters rapidly without any significant depth so the average viewer could care less. They neglect major important characters and there significance while minimizing significant events. The interaction amongst cast members with the exception of Ned and Arya is flat and without flavor. Oh yeah where the hell is ghost

The fact that the direwolves specifically ghost have been totally ignored has made this nothing more than a poorly acted soap opera. The character development and poor insight on the part of the directors has disappointed me. If you did not read the books you would have no idea what is going on. Further the characters are so poorly developed that each incident seems to have occurred in a vacuum with no connection or significance to other characters. This will get cancelled before season two begins filming

Do you really believe that? So far the feedback from new viewers is that they have as much idea of what is going on as new readers did at this point: some have worked out some pretty popular fan theories on just 3 "poor" episodes. Secondly, in what way does having Direwolves stop GoT being a soap opera nd in what way is it one without them? The Direwolves HAVE been in all the significant scenes that they were involved with in the books. Ghost isn't meant to have a starring role yet. I think the characterisation has been good, and though some events don't seem connected (i.e. between the wall and KL and the Dothraki) they didn't seem any more connected in the book at this point - less so even. Given the number of characters introduced in 3 episodes, which is huge, the characterisation has been, I think, unparalled and i don't know what shows you think you have seen which have done a better or faster job with an even nearly comparable character sheet. The acting has also been strong IMOSHO, and with a few exceptions (which nobody seems to agree on except maybe Lena Headley very unfairly) most viewers have been positive about the acting of all the cast. I don't think it's perfect, but no adaptation can be the same as the book and still be successful in another medium, and very few have borne as well to their subject material as GoT so far in my opinion, and this is from someone who did not enjoy the first 500 pages of the first book at all but has had far more pleasure from the TV show probably because I know what is to come.

The adaption of the book is as half ass as I have ever seen. They introduce characters rapidly without any significant depth so the average viewer couldn't care less. They neglect major important characters and their significance while minimizing significant events. The interaction amongst cast members with the exception of Ned and Arya is flat and without flavor. Oh yeah where the hell is ghost

[mod]

I do not disagree with you on some points. However, this thread is for discussion of the Episode 4 preview, rather than critiques of the series as a whole. [/mod]

Eh just ignore those who says the adaption is "half-assed". It's an adaption, which means it's not going to be spot on. Things are going to be changed.

But I've also been wondering where Ghost has been. We didn't even get a shot of him yet, which is kind of disappointing because I really want to see him.

uuuuum.... yeah. I really hope we don't hear the Hound's backstory come out of Littlefinger's mouth. I don't know why, but since seeing that preview I have this terrible suspicion that they did change this. They COULDN'T do that, could they??? It's one of his highlights from AGoT. Please someone tell me my suspicions are completely unfounded. :(

Back to speculation about the Episode 4 preview: I echo your emotion.... I'm guessing they did a voiceover from a different scene though, which HBO seems to like to do in the previews. Otherwise, what would Sansa be promising Littlefinger she won't tell anyone? That he's in love with her mother? Or that he's going to rescue her from King's Landing and give her a new identity? Or that he's plotting to get her father beheaded? Or perhaps that his big scar is not actually from his duel with Brandon Stark, but was inflicted by his big brother Middlefinger? :stunned:

I really hope this is just a rumor, or that the conversation has only been moved, if it's not during the tournament. It's the Hound's most important conversation in GOT (really, his only significant speaking part IIRC). Rory McCann read from it during his audition for the Hound.

Where are these terrible, heart-breaking rumours coming from?! If they take out that scene, I believe I shall cry.

Where are these terrible, heart-breaking rumours coming from?! If they take out that scene, I believe I shall cry.

In WIC's episode 2 recap there's the following: "Hey San/San fans! Our first Sansa and Sandor interaction. Enjoy it as it seems some of their later exchanges have been cut." Don't know if this statement is based on hearsay or fact, however. Trying not to worry, but if the tournament scene is cut I'll be very sad.

In WIC's episode 2 recap there's the following: "Hey San/San fans! Our first Sansa and Sandor interaction. Enjoy it as it seems some of their later exchanges have been cut." Don't know if this statement is based on hearsay or fact, however. Trying not to worry, but if the tournament scene is cut I'll be very sad.

As a big fan of both, I'd be totally bummed if it was cut. :crying:

well being that WIC pre-screened the first 6 eps, he's obv alluding to the tourney scene being cut. Extremely disappointing.

If they take out the scene between Sansa and Sandor, then this is the first time I'll be seriously angry at the show and not just nit-picky. It's one of my favorite scenes, and a well-known fan favorite as well. I'll seriously question the judgment of the show creators if it's removed.

Really pumped about this episode, I feel like episode 3 got us to the top of the first rollercoaster drop and from here on out, we're on a wild ride.

We finally get to see Hodor! ...he is cast, right?

Hodor was actually in the first episode for a few seconds. He was standing off to the left as all the Starks were lined up, while the King is arriving in Winterfell.

I could be wrong, but it appears that the next episode introduces:

Bronn, Marillion, Loras, Hodor, Masha Heddle, Gregor and Ser Hugh of the Vale.

Osha comes in around either Episode 5 or 6, I'd guess. Gendry should show up around then as well.

Something that was bugging me was the lack of any mention of Stannis in the last episode. Not even a "Where's Stannis?" "My brother has returned to Dragonstone for a while." "Fair enough." HBO have him on the Baratheon family tree and it sounds like they're casting for him, so maybe they're dropping the idea of him and Jon Arryn exposing the Lannisters together and instead Jon will have done it himself?

In the preview you hear someone (I'm assuming Sansa) saying "I promise I won't tell anyone" or something to that effect. This sounds suspiciously like what Sansa would say after the Hound threatens to kill her if she told anyone. :)

Archived