[BOOK SPOILERS] Undercurrents and non-reader viewers

L’Age d’or

So seeing the other thread on Jon's mother theory revolving around Cersei, it hit me that how no one is suspecting Jorah yet? The first time I read AGOT I was practically gnawing on the pages, so I did not allow myself to suspect him till later. But the dramatized version being more revealing-since its dramatized- I was honestly expecting viewers to seriously suspect Jorah after he announced his decision to ride for Qohor! Its known that there is a mole informing on Dany , reporting every major move she makes and Mormont's weird and out of the blue reaction was totally revealing IMO. All that considered, how long do you give them to reevaluate their trusts in him?

I personally believe it wont take long. Yesterday while watching the 3rd episode with my non-reader friend, right after littlefinger's claim that he lost the dagger to Tyrion, he asked me if Lannisters are disliked in Westeros to which I answered "To a fair extent" and he concluded that Baelish had gone after an easy target, making him suspicious. I was really impressed so I thought perhaps the effect of dramatization of the books is much more profound than I expected it to be.

Feel free to add more players, their underground efforts and how long could they sustain their subtlety.

So seeing the other thread on Jon's mother theory revolving around Cersei, it hit me that how no one is suspecting Jorah yet? The first time I read AGOT I was practically gnawing on the pages, so I did not allow myself to suspect him till later. But the dramatized version being more revealing-since its dramatized- I was honestly expecting viewers to seriously suspect Jorah after he announced his decision to ride for Qohor! Its known that there is a mole informing on Dany , reporting every major move she makes and Mormont's weird and out of the blue reaction was totally revealing IMO. All that considered, how long do you give them to reevaluate their trusts in him?

Over at TWoP, they already are.

Archived