The Doors of Stone

Board_Drifter

This seems a bit early. It doesn't even have a wikipedia page yet.

We are definitely ahead of the curve. We have yet to see:

Kvothe being named Kingkiller

What's inside the archive door, the thrice locked chest and the lackless box

The Singers

Sleeping Barrow Kings

Denna's probable fate

Let's hope that something actually happens in the next book. Or rather something more important plot-wise than Kvothe proving that he is teh awesome at sex.

Let's see-

1. Kvothe will have sex. A lot.

2. Bast will kill or intimidate someone in a really unpleasant way.

3. There will continue to be Unresolved Sexual Tension between him and Denna.

4. Kvothe will be broke. Again.

5. The ending will be protracted and overlong.

Let's see-

1. Kvothe will have sex. A lot.

2. Bast will kill or intimidate someone in a really unpleasant way.

3. There will continue to be Unresolved Sexual Tension between him and Denna.

4. Kvothe will be broke. Again.

5. The ending will be protracted and overlong.

Can't wait!

I wonder how much the series has changed over the years. I can remember the ill-fated time where apparently thr trilogy was done and was just being released over a short period of time. I'm sure Pat must have changed the overall plot and not just the writing.

As for "doors of stone" he's probably just describing what the book will look like when it's completed :)

Never trust an author who says it's all done and will be released within a year or so...

As long as it's out sometime around Republic of Thieves (or earlier), and about 2000 pages thick, I'll be ok ;)

Never trust an author who says it's all done and will be released within a year or so...

As long as it's out sometime around Republic of Thieves (or earlier), and about 2000 pages thick, I'll be ok ;)

Eh, isnt Republic of Thieves due out in Nov?

I really hope that RoT comes out a while before door of stone as I'm mentally putting a 5 year wait (minimum) for that. I'm sort of hoping that it was a 2nd book slump and that Pat finds a better pace/encounters less problems with the next one though. I shouldn't grumble though as I'm happily waiting for the paperback on wise mans fear - too busy a readin schedule already and thanks to the knowledge this series is going to take a loooong time, i'm no longer in a rush to read each installment.

I was under the impression Doors of Stone was just a working title. Either way, I certainly anticipate Kvothe having sex...with Denna. There has to be some sort of resolution to their relationship, dare I say it, some kind of consummation.

I think four years is a reasonable time estimate for the book. It's going to be 600-800 pages.

I actually expect the ending to be poetic and bittersweet.

I don't expect the ending to actually be an ending but more like the end of the begining of the beginning of the end.

Only in reference to Kingkiller could this sentence actually make sense.

DoS has a lot to tie up to catch the story up to Kvothe, Chronicler, and Bast. The real question is does Kvothe survive.

Only in reference to Kingkiller could this sentence actually make sense.

DoS has a lot to tie up to catch the story up to Kvothe, Chronicler, and Bast. The real question is does Kvothe survive.

It depends whether the kingkiller chronicles will span everything or just the flashbacks. I guess he has to survive if it's just the flashbacks - although that requires some impressive twists.

It'll probably be a bit like the old film trope (usually featuring Stallone) where Denna died because of something he did/failed to do and he insists on never using his mojo again - only to be forced into a scenario where he becomes a mofo again.

Part of me hopes he dies before he gets really old though. The elderly tend to make long winded tales about what they see going on in their neighbours garden and can be really repetitive. Imagine how unvearable kvothe would be if he was narrating as a 90 year old.

Archived