[BOOK SPOILERS] Renly, WTF?

Ser Sean

I was watching the third installment of the very impressive GOT tv series when Ned Stark walked in to Kings Landing to be greeted by what was surely an imposter posing as Renly Baratheon.

Renly should be a barrel chested god of a man who is insanely handsome. He should have a mane of long dark lustrous hair. He should demand the attention of every single living being within 10 miles and those beyond should feel his presence in their loins.

Every man, woman or beast should moisten at the sight of the imposing bulge in his pantaloons.

We needed an Adonis but we get a spindly speck with a 15 year olds beard growth, who would disappear in a crowd of one.

How dare they interfere with my man crush!!

Yeah, it's a bit of a strange one. He's pretty...anonymous. I am not getting at all why Brienne would go so gaga over this guy either, but I guess we've not really seen him 'perform' as yet.

And now I'm wondering what Stannis is going to look like...

PS. You said moist(en). That's hot.

i'm more dissapointed with the physical appearance of tv-show-robert.

in the books he was described as tall and strong, with broad chest and shoulders. [edit]with lots of fat acumulated over the years, but that wouldn't make his frame any smaller[/edit]

with all due respect to mark addy and his acting ability, he doesn't look like he could wield the huge warhammer robert is said to have used.

and despite all that, tv-show-robert still turned out great.

Ser Sean, best rant ever.

I kinda like the actor they chose. Maybe because I've always imagined Renly more charismatic than solid handsome, while Loras would be the other way around. I do agree that it wouldn't have hurt to go for someone with better looks, though.

Also, this is a little off-topic, but since we're discussing Renly, I was a bit disappointed with his absence during the Joffrey - Arya trial. Wanted to see that laughter and Robert's reply. Addy would have owned the scene.

Archived