Is Rhaegar alive?!?

Xcorpyo001

• 8 months later...

Let’s go to the 4th book of the series, AFFC, and to Brienne. She finds a little island where some priests/brothers have a little settlement. There she finds the leader of that settlement, the Big Brother. He was a man who fought in the battle of the Trident, and was wash away until he reached the island...along with 6 rubies from Rhaegar’s armor.

So there can be two options:

1. He was wounded, but alive…the brothers helped with his wounds and he stayed there in hiding, to atone for his sins.

2. He was dead, but the Big Brother that was there at the time gave him the kiss of fire/life or whatever they call it and he was brought back to life. The dragons weren’t alive at that moment, so the powers of the priest weren’t enough, but since Rhaegar already had fire in his blood, the ritual was all that it took for the resurrection to be a success. He couldn’t remain a Targ, so he came up with a cover story…but kept a lot of things that were true for Rhaegar and himself as well.

-he was a knight, but he never chose it…

-he did not disgraced himself with a sword(that sounds vaguely familiar)

-‘ I had women too, and there I did disgrace myself, for some I took by force’…could he be talking about a certain Stark beauty?!?

-‘ There was a girl I wished to marry, the younger daughter of a petty lord’…this can again be a reference to Lyanna Stark

The rest of his story is changed, but as a cover story should be.

Any thoughts?

The septons and septas of the Faith (The Seven Gods in other words) do not practice the kiss of fire, since well.....they belong to the faith, while the supposed "kiss of fire" is something the worshippers of Rhollor performs. I doubt that the "dragon blood" that flowed in Rhaegars veins could muster such magic. Having Targaryen blood doesn't make you a great healer either.

He kind of chose to be a knight, even if it wasn't a great passion of his.

Also, Lyanna wasn't the daughter of a "petty lord". She was the daughter to the paramount lord of the north.

No. Rhaegar is dead.

It's a good theory though...

How is this one more unbelievable than the one that pretty much the same happened to the Hound? (And that one isn't too improbable either)

smile.gif

The hound has been seen by at least 4 people since he 'died'. Who has seen Rhaegar in the last 14 years?

The fatal flaw (one of) is that Mance grew up at the Wall.

A likely made up backstory by any1 such as the halfhand who was probably told the same fake story by Benjen or Ned to cover for Rhaegar.

Yes there could have been a guy that was a wildling and taken in by the nights watch and given a name, but who is to say that that person's Identity wasn't taken by Rhaegar?

Before you go accepting George Martin's statement as the be all and end all to the theory that Rheagar lived. Read this.

http://jertech.blogspot.ie/2013/02/rhaegars-song-of-ice-and-fire.html?m=1

Mance is not Rhaegar. If by some miracle, the guy who you linked to has a correct theory, then I swear to god I will close the book and not finish reading the story. Ever. Lame, unbelievable, done for the sake of shock value plot twist are the adjectives to describe that.

A likely made up backstory by any1 such as the halfhand who was probably told the same fake story by Benjen or Ned to cover for Rhaegar.

Yes there could have been a guy that was a wildling and taken in by the nights watch and given a name, but who is to say that that person's Identity wasn't taken by Rhaegar?

Rhaegar looks nothing like Mance and he is probably too big of a pussy to lead a culture like the wildlings anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

Before you go accepting George Martin's statement as the be all and end all to the theory that Rheagar lived. Read this.

http://jertech.blogspot.ie/2013/02/rhaegars-song-of-ice-and-fire.html?m=1

I'm inclined to believe this. It makes sense and it gives us a leader with a higher purpose. However, Dany remains Azor Ahai. Also, read this Alphie Allan interview http://www.vulture.com/2012/06/game-of-thrones-theon-alfie-allen-interview.html?imw=Y.

I really hate the "this would be poor writing" argument, but that is really what I thought while reading this theory (sorry to the OP and others, I respect your opinions but it wouldn't make sense to me).

I just imagined Rhaegar coming back (after hundreds saw him die under the blow of Robert at the Trident!) after 20 years of hiding and just like "hi dudes, guess what, I wasn't dead, just 'been hanging with my pals Arthur and Ashara in the swamps [or insert any other location of your own choice] and now I'm back to take the throne yippee yay who's with me you guys? Oh and it so happens I found a harp in this room, maybe we should sing a little song to celebrate?!".

Archived