[BOOK SPOILERS] Why is Maester Aemon so angry? Did someone park their cart on his lawn?

Souza

In the series they have given roles to characters that dont have them. For example, JonĀ“s only friends are Pip and Gren, while in the books we have many more.

IMHO they just gave Aemon some roles that were given to other characters in the book.

I understand the need to combine some characters to keep the cast from sky-rocketing and in some cases it has worked quite well. For instance, Donal Noye originally had the speech about the origins of Pyp and Grenn to sour the taste of Jon's victories but they gave it to Tyrion. While I will miss Noye cutting him is forgivable and the dialogue works quite well coming from Tyrion as it suits his character.

On the basis of actual dialogue, the lines they've given Maester Aemon are completely fine it's just manner in which they're delivered, it goes completely against the grain of the character.

In the series they have given roles to characters that dont have them. For example, JonĀ“s only friends are Pip and Gren, while in the books we have many more.

But have they combined Pyp and Grenn with anyone? Seems to me they've only cut some ancillary characters here, not combined them. Similarly, I'm fine with cutting the ancillary characters from Tyrion's conversation with Mormont and Aemon, but I don't get why they would add some of their traits to Aemon, if that is indeed what they did.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived