[No Spoilers] Where were the sigil's

This is another example of taking lines from the book and not making sure it makes sense with what is on film. You shouldn't have to screen-grab to see what's being spoken of.

And for the life of me, I just can't understand the producers decision to downplay the heraldry--it has the advantage of being true to the books and the period that inspired the setting, as well as a visual cue to keep track of the various factions--and much cooler to boot.

As it is, aside from the Lannister men-at-arms--who are so goofy looking and inappropriate that they kill all immersion whenever they appear on screen--the retinue's all look the same. How hard is it to sew small heraldry badges on whatever leather/padded armour they give them?

Another thing--does the Bracken dude have a bad French accent or is it just me?

Juba - agree. I would think this would be about the cheapest part of the costume too. Just sew some artwork on, or have them wear a cheap tabard, probably easier/less costly than the shields.

I did notice the Bracken shield during first viewing; but, not the bat of Harrenhall

• 2 months later...

When she said "coat" maybe she meant coat-of-arms or something like that?

I just rewatched that episode. And she says "sewn on your surcoat", so no, she didn't mean it as "coat-of-arms". I have NO idea how such a glaring mistake could have slipped by. Surely even the actors would have pointed out, "wait, what am I saying? there's nothing sewn on his coat", "by golly you're right there's nothing sewn on my coat!". Dunno WTF happened here.

Archived