Episode 7 available one week in advance on HBO Go

Arya The Assassin

HBO wrote the following on GoT's Twitter page:

On May 22nd you can watch the 7th episode of #GameofThrones on @HBOGO right after the 6th episode premieres on @HBO.

This is probably an attempt to attract more subscribers and fans of the series to their streaming service HBO Go. The service is only available to US residents.

How exactly does it work? If you have an HBO subscription you can use HBO GO, or...?

Yes, all you need is to be a subscriber to tv HBO, then you go to the HBO GO site, sign in so they can verify that you're a subscriber and BANG, there you go. It's pretty amazing, really. These last few weeks, I've watched all the GoT episodes probably dozens of times, you can watch Rome, Sopranos, anything. All their documentaries are there, movies, series, comedies, everything. All freebie, just for being a tv subscriber. It's a good thing...

PS: I'm curious how this will be handled here. Will those of us who have HBO GO and see #7 a week early have a thread to discuss #7, or will we have to (somehow!) stay silent for a week til everybody else catches up?

Yes, all you need is to be a subscriber to tv HBO, then you go to the HBO GO site, sign in so they can verify that you're a subscriber and BANG, there you go.

Not quite. Your cable provider needs to be signed up in order for it to work.

Oh, good!! Perhaps an 'HBO GO only, Ep. 7 Major Spoilers' thread or somesuch?

Or how about staying out of the episode 7 forum/threads until one sees the episode???

This isn't rocket science folks!!! Literacy and common sense FTW! :)

Or how about staying out of the episode 7 forum/threads until one sees the episode???

This isn't rocket science folks!!! Literacy and common sense FTW! :)

LOL. Ran will figure it out. He ain't King o' the Board for nothing! :read:

Seems pretty obvious to me, at least, that the week 7 episode thread should simply be available early for those LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET THE DAMN SERVICE :tantrum:. In theory it's not really different from the International folks seeing the episodes a day later than we in the States do.

Man, it really sucks being stuck with a Tier3 crappy cable provider that doesn't get stuff like this... but, I will try to patiently wait the normal week to get it like everyone else in the same boat.

Seems pretty obvious to me, at least, that the week 7 episode thread should simply be available early for those LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET THE DAMN SERVICE :tantrum:. In theory it's not really different from the International folks seeing the episodes a day later than we in the States do.

Man, it really sucks being stuck with a Tier3 crappy cable provider that doesn't get stuff like this... but, I will try to patiently wait the normal week to get it like everyone else in the same boat.

I really AM trying not to be all happy-feet dance and special and stuff, but, its difficult! I live up in the mountains of West Virginia, of all places, surrounded by hundreds of thousands of acres of national forest. Can't even get cell phone service up here, FedEx is very spotty in this area, we're more likely to see a black bear digging in the trash or a herd of deer munching the tomato plants than a FedEx truck actually finding the right address, ever. The nearest town (of 3,200 people) is 20 miles away. But somehow, via this magic little satellite dish on my roof, I'm going to see ep #7 immediately after ep #6 on May 22. Amazing.

HBO Go is quite amazing. I love nothing better than on Monday lunch hour to watch the latest episode on my iPhone whilst eating me lunch.

I will be leaving for Spain on May 25th so I would have missed episode 7 until I got back BUT because I have HBO GO, I will NOT miss episode 7!!!

Que suerte para mi!!

I'd suggest calling your cable provider and asking them if they have any information about when HBO GO will be available. If they get a lot of subscribers asking them about it, that might encourage the higher ups to push a bit harder to get it done.

I called mine, but alas they could give me no information as to when it might be available to us. The woman I spoke with though said she had already received one other call about it and would email some higher ups to make an inquiry.

So iheartseverus, basically you live North of the Wall? :shocked:

Seriously, congratulations. Hopefully Charter will wake up (unlikely) and I will be able to join the party some day (even more unlikely).

Have you tried it? I'm a Charter customer, and I have access to HBOGO. You'll need to login using your primary Charter email account/password, and then it should work.

Look, everyone who doesn't think they have it - Try it. The HBOGO login page has lots of providers listed - there's a chance yours might have been added recently, that your local tech support people are not aware of yet.

Have you tried it? I'm a Charter customer, and I have access to HBOGO. You'll need to login using your primary Charter email account/password, and then it should work.

Look, everyone who doesn't think they have it - Try it. The HBOGO login page has lots of providers listed - there's a chance yours might have been added recently, that your local tech support people are not aware of yet.

Well, well. Last I checked it was not available. Thanks for the pointer!

I tried logging in with my Charter account/pw, and I get the response "Log in is not currently available". Anyone else getting that that has the service, or is this an indication that Charter doesn't provide it in my area at this time?

You do have to enter your Zip code, so it is possible it is limited by Zip code. But again - Remember that you need to login with your Charter EMAIL account ([email protected]) - not your regular userid/password you use to pay bills, etc. For me those user id's are separate, at least.

This is good advice, do keep checking! Up here in the wilderness where I live (DISH satellite provider) I kept seeing ads on tv "HBO GO coming on May 11," I was like, what the hell is HBO GO? Finally decided weeks ago to look at the site, tried logging in and bingo, I've got HBO GO, weeks ahead of when they said it would be available here.

Archived