A Drink with Dragons

As it's getting summery and I couldn't resist the pun I was thinking we should arrange a London based pub night to celebrate the launch of A dance with dragons. The book SHOULD be out on the 12th so I was thinking Friday the 8th July.

I considered having one after the launch but to be honest I'm going offline until I finish the book and want to avoid any possible spoilers. A post read meeting should be arranged a few weeks later maybe?

We could be super cheesy and go to the dragon bar in shoreditch but i have no idea what it's like aside from the name and the fact it serves food. Alternatively we could go to a chinese to keep the dragon theme intact. Failing that we just go to one of the usual pubs - it's not that important.

Post here if you are interested and have any tenuous Dragon based ideas.

EDIT : It seems google throws up a lot of pubs called George and the dragon, which makes sense.

Sadly Friday is no good for me either.

There is already a meet up planned for Friday 24 June just two weeks before this when Ski and Eylesbarrow are in town. We may be better off making that the big London BWB season finale of Game of Thrones / launch of ADWD party?

Just not sure you'll get everyone making a trip into London again so soon after the previous one, but if you get enough of the London locals up for it then by all means go ahead - especially since the pun is good. BTW I don't recommend playing a drinking game while reading ADWD and taking a shot every time the word "dragon" appears. It could lead to confusion and strange conclusions about what you think might have happened.

Actually on second thoughts, do play that drinking game and post your crazy new theories on the board. xthx.

Sadly Friday is no good for me either.

There is already a meet up planned for Friday 24 June just two weeks before this when Ski and Eylesbarrow are in town. We may be better off making that the big London BWB season finale of Game of Thrones / launch of ADWD party?

Just not sure you'll get everyone making a trip into London again so soon after the previous one, but if you get enough of the London locals up for it then by all means go ahead - especially since the pun is good. BTW I don't recommend playing a drinking game while reading ADWD and taking a shot every time the word "dragon" appears. It could lead to confusion and strange conclusions about what you think might have happened.

Actually on second thoughts, do play that drinking game and post your crazy new theories on the board. xthx.

Yeah, I'll just leave the thread floating for a while and see if there's much interest. I'll be along to the June meeting either way.

The drinking game sounds dangerous. My girlfriend suggested that could be called "a dance with Flagons".

I suspect that the UK (and Europe too) may not get the ADWD signing tour till April next year to coincide with George's appearance at Eastercon. But I could be wrong.

I was holding out hope that he may pop up at some stage during the filming of season 2 July-October this year? If not in London we may have to pop over to Northern Ireland though.

I might be going away for a week or so sometime in July, haven't decided when yet. If I am still in Cambridge that day then I should be able to make it down to London.

A meet a couple of weeks later after we've all had time to read it, also sounds like a good idea.

We don't know if GRRM is doing a signing yet. He did last time. If he is then that would be a good time for a meetup.
Oh yeah? Well, when is the BwB Bath meet happening, hmmm?

Want to come to the beer fest this year, Perry?

Looks like GRRM is doing the rounds of the USA for the release of the book, so if he does a UK signing, I don't expect it until later in the year at the earliest. Timing it to coincide with any visit during the filming of S2 would seem a logical bet.

Archived