[SHOW/BOOK SPOILERS] Episode 6 cliffhanger

Anomandaris86

Such as?

I'm pretty sure that the Whispering Wood and Tywin's battle with Bolton occur before/around the same time as his execution.

that's what i can't remember. is ned executed before or after the whispering wood? i want to say it's before the battle of greenfork because after that battle tywin says it was madness to kill ned.

Those names were allegedly leaked when the HBO site with all of the info went live early and some industrious fans found the link. They have not been officially released or confirmed. It is confirmed, however, that there are 10 episodes.

Thank you for the answer

that's what i can't remember. is ned executed before or after the whispering wood? i want to say it's before the battle of greenfork because after that battle tywin says it was madness to kill ned.

If you check the AGoT chapter summaries on Tower of the Hand, the final Arya chapter, where she's at the execution, occurs 2 chapters after a Catelyn chapter, the one that covers the Whispering Wood. Of course the chapters don't always line up chronologically but it gives you a general idea of the timeline. The execution happens after/around the same time as the battle.

Episode 9 is called "Baelor" so that episode probably ends with the execution, but it would be better if they change the chronology in the TV show so we have more action in the season finale.

If you check the AGoT chapter summaries on Tower of the Hand, the final Arya chapter, where she's at the execution, occurs 2 chapters after a Catelyn chapter, the one that covers the Whispering Wood. Of course the chapters don't always line up chronologically but it gives you a general idea of the timeline. The execution happens after/around the same time as the battle.

Episode 9 is called "Baelor" so that episode probably ends with the execution, but it would be better if they change the chronology in the TV show so we have more action in the season finale.

Dragons and "King in the North" isn't enough action for the finale for you? Plus, we'll see Joffery showing Sansa her dad's head probably as the first scene to drive home what happened.

Ned should die in ep 9 so that we can go into the real climaxes undistracted. Plus, it'll get TONS of people to tune into the finale if Ned losing his head is the very last shot of ep 9.

Such as?

I'm pretty sure that the Whispering Wood and Tywin's battle with Bolton occur before/around the same time as his execution.

The Whispering Wood and Tywin's battle have to happen after Ned's execution. Cat was definitely aware of Ned's death before the Whispering Wood, and for TV purposes, they'll definitely align them as such.

They could easily fit those into Ep 10 and still squeeze "the king in the north" in during one episode.

Think they'll include Joffery forcing Sansa to look at Ned's head?

Also, think they'll include a scene with Bran and Ned after Ned's death? He's supposed to see his dad come home in a dream, right?

EDIT: misspoke

Episode 7 is being offered prematurely to get you to download/sign up for HBO GO. I doubt it has anything to do with the episodes in question.

HBO GO launched on something like May 2nd. I'm sure they got a bunch of initial signups, and I'd bet this timing is more or less intended to keep the buzz going as it's been 2-3 weeks.

My guesses for the ending of the last 5 episodes:

Ep 6: Viserys gets his crown.

Ep 7: Robert dies.

Ep 8: Ned is betrayed by Littlefinger.

Ep 9: The execution.

Ep 10: Dragons.

think 7 will end w/ Littlefinger's betrayal. The short teaser HBO released for ep. 7 showed what looked like Ned in the throne room w/ a crutch surrounded by people fighting. 8, not sure, maybe the wight attack. You'd have Ned locked up w/ Varys pleading w/ him to confess to save Sansa, Arya's escape from the City Watch, Drogo's injury, and then Jon's reaction to Ned's arrest leading into the wight attack.

think 7 will end w/ Littlefinger's betrayal. The short teaser HBO released for ep. 7 showed what looked like Ned in the throne room w/ a crutch surrounded by people fighting. 8, not sure, maybe the wight attack. You'd have Ned locked up w/ Varys pleading w/ him to confess to save Sansa, Arya's escape from the City Watch, Drogo's injury, and then Jon's reaction to Ned's arrest leading into the wight attack.

Yeah on second thought I think the betrayal will be in ep 7 and the wight attack will be the cliffhanger for 8.

The episode won't end with the beheading itself. Some of the earliest photo's we got of the series are of Arya standing on the statue emotionally distraught, so that scene should end with Yoren grabbing her. That's actually a nice touch that last episode Yoren saw her with Ned all grubby looking, so it will make sense when he recognizes her later. Also of note unlike the books that won't be the last scene with Arya for the season, there's going to be some extra screen time with Yoren.

Archived