Ser Jorah

Millardkillmoore

I never liked this character,why? I really dont like slavers maybe that is the reason.

He can go back and be mercenary or go to the wall.

You must hate Dany, then. She got a whole lot of slaves killed, raped, etc... and not just poachers, but children.

Agreed, while there are parts of Jorah I do enjoy reading as a character he is very flimsy he seems to have all these ideals and acts great but every time he folds and ends doing stupid like betraying Dany or Selling slaves.

There was nothing stupid in betraying Dany at first. She was powerless, and he was being offered a chance to go home.

If you put aside the fact Dany's the heroine and saviour of the world, his actions make perfect sense. And let's not forget, he ultimately threw his lot in with her all the way and saved her life repeatedly. His advice is the sole reason Dany even HAS an army to speak of, since without him she'd not have the Unsullied, without whom she would have had next to no chance of achieving anything.

She was in her rights to be angry, but acting like he deserves to be murdered by her is unfair. That would be incredibly ungrateful from Dany. She told him to get lost and never wants to see him again. That's as far as it needs to go.

Especially given that in the end she benefits from all his advice and teaching and he ends up with absolutely nothing. No home to go to, no friends, no allies, nothing.

Yeah I am not sure why people think Jorah betraying Dany was stupid. She was no one to him at the time; he was watching a potential threat for the Kingdom in exchange for the way to get back home. She had the right to be angry, especially with how he acted toward her after that whole sewer situation; however, his original plot wasnt stupid at all.

...he seems to have all these ideals and acts great but every time he folds and ends doing stupid like betraying Dany or Selling slaves.

That's the most accurate representation of a politician I've seen in the entire series. Ideals, manners... and doing stupid things for the approval of those he depends on.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Archived