Capclave 2013 - Columbus Day Weekend- Washington DC

The dragons panel and the doctor who panel since I just got into the series this summer. If you see a hoodie with a stark/doctor who mash-up start that's me! Haha it has the stark sigil and says Bad Wolf on the inside.

Since I am awake early, a brief report on yesterday. Got there around 4, walked around the dealers room, saw lots of books, games, GoT paraphernalia (have to go back today and get the Stark thing the hubby wanted and forgot to go back and get last night). Checked out Steve Stiles' art. Pretty amazing.

Then came the meet & greet. Hubby was thrilled to meet GRRM and many of my friends. (he thought you guys were all very nice and X-Ray very funny). At least now he has an idea of the kind of people I am always running off to meet in strange places :)

Parris is pretty amazing too. I know I have been to 4 cons previously with George, and she was only at two of them, but not only did she remember me, but realized i had cut my hair. With the thousands of people they meet every year, to be remembered is pretty nice.

The food was, of course, beyond amazing. MC is a god among men. I am pretty sure my husband has a major man crush on him.

The reading, as Naz said was from Dangerous Women and was about Westeros history, and the actual Dance with Dragons. I did not take notes :P George is a great story teller and I could listen to him read forever, however, he will not be narrating the audio book. Seems some people no one has ever heard of will be doing that: Ian Glenn, Jonathan Frakes, Sophie Turner to name a few ;)

We only hung out for a few minutes after that, as we had that hour drive home in the pouring rain. I don't think I will have time to add any pictures until Sunday night or Monday morning.

Since my guess is that George read from the beginning of The Princess and the Queen, I have a few questions you guys might be able to answer without taking notes:

1. Why is Rhaenyra on Dragonstone when her father dies?

2. How do things unfold after Queen Alicent and her father have 'convinced' the Small Council to crown Aegon II? Is there a violent coup? What role does Ser Criston Cole play? He is supposed to be remembered as the Kingmaker...

3. Any glimpse on Rhaenyra's sons, her husband, Aegon II, his siblings, and any other Targaryens in the capital or on Dragonstone?

4. Have dragons appeared yet?

Since my guess is that George read from the beginning of The Princess and the Queen, I have a few questions you guys might be able to answer without taking notes:

1. Why is Rhaenyra on Dragonstone when her father dies?

2. How do things unfold after Queen Alicent and her father have 'convinced' the Small Council to crown Aegon II? Is there a violent coup? What role does Ser Criston Cole play? He is supposed to be remembered as the Kingmaker...

3. Any glimpse on Rhaenyra's sons, her husband, Aegon II, his siblings, and any other Targaryens in the capital or on Dragonstone?

4. Have dragons appeared yet?

1. She was on bed rest since she was pregnant

2. The master of coins Beesbury objected and was killed by Cole.The coup was fairly silent as they kept the kings death secret. Cole also crowned Aegon II.

3. Yes we hear about all 6 of her sons and learn that her first husband was a velaryion and her second was her uncle, I think Daemon Targaryen. We also learn that Aegon II had two younger brothers and married his sister Helena.

4. Yes. There was a lot of talk about dragons. Rhaeneryas side has 9 (plus 3 wild) and Aegon only has 4 dragons. They talk about taming the wild dragons and then send her two boys as emissaries to the vale the north and storms end.

Archived