Capclave 2013 - Columbus Day Weekend- Washington DC

Hi,

I just purchased my membership for Capclave. Is there room for one more? Is there anything I can do to help?

Also, I'll be driving down from NJ, if anyone wants to carpool from this area.

There is room and once we get closer, think September, we can start planning for what we want.

Hi,

I just purchased my membership for Capclave. Is there room for one more? Is there anything I can do to help?

I may be interested in carpooling. Depends on a bunch of factors, though. Let's talk closer to the event. :)

Membership has been purchased! *excited*

Arlingzen Bill,

Could you please add a +1 to my name. The babygirl will be attending with me.

And .... - Price says $50.00 through May 31st. Which is today's date. Yet they charged me the June price? I'm not going to argue over an extra $10.00 , but still, That's not right.

Membership has been purchased! *excited*

Arlingzen Bill,

Could you please add a +1 to my name. The babygirl will be attending with me.

And .... - Price says $50.00 through May 31st. Which is today's date. Yet they charged me the June price? I'm not going to argue over an extra $10.00 , but still, That's not right.

I'm reporting the issue.

Edit: there were four people affected. you will be getting an email soon related to the problem and the resolution.

Hello everyone!

I am mostly a reader of the forum, and only found out about the Capclave tonight and signed up.

I'm local and would like to help with organizing, and obviously would love to attend the party.

Please, let me know how I can help.

Hello everyone!

I am mostly a reader of the forum, and only found out about the Capclave tonight and signed up.

I'm local and would like to help with organizing, and obviously would love to attend the party.

Please, let me know how I can help.

Local help is always good. I expect we'll do some sort of gathering in the area in preparation and to coordinate for the Friday evening event.

The convention will also need help. People to check badges, help register people, staff the consuite, and move dealers in and out.

I'll have +2 people coming with me!

So here's the deal- I have some friends at Cigar City Brewery that are huge ASoIaF fans. If they can get a picture of Martin with their gear (for personal enjoyment, not for advertising of endorsement purposes), they are willing to send me with a bunch of beer and swag for the Brotherhood gathering.

Are there photo opportunities at the convention? Would I be an asshole for asking for that kind of photo? Would he even agree to take it, fearing an implied endorsement situation?

Cigar city is one of the best breweries in the country, and I'd love to be able to contribute this way.

I will also be bringing other craft beers hard to find outside of Florida and Georgia, but this seemed like a cool opportunity.

Where in Jersey?

I'd love to carpool! We'll be staying at a friend's house in DC once we get there, though. Dunno if she'd be down with another person. We could drive you to your hotel/place-you-are-staying or vise-verse, though, of course.

So here's the deal- I have some friends at Cigar City Brewery that are huge ASoIaF fans. If they can get a picture of Martin with their gear (for personal enjoyment, not for advertising of endorsement purposes), they are willing to send me with a bunch of beer and swag for the Brotherhood gathering.

Are there photo opportunities at the convention? Would I be an asshole for asking for that kind of photo? Would he even agree to take it, fearing an implied endorsement situation?

Hmmm. I would probably ask first, in advance of the convention. In fact, I'd have the Cigar City people ask (via email), because you can't really make any promises on their behalf that are legally binding (in case someone decides to renege on the promise to not use it as implied endorsement/advertising). Further, there could be issues with the Ommegang deal (although I think that's strictly between HBO and Ommegang), and HBO is very protective of its licensing rights.

Where in Jersey?

I'd love to carpool! We'll be staying at a friend's house in DC once we get there, though. Dunno if she'd be down with another person. We could drive you to your hotel/place-you-are-staying or vise-verse, though, of course.

I'm in south jersey. I have some friends in DC, but honestly, this far out, I haven't put much thought into where I'm staying.

I drive a 4 door MINI and I pack light, so as long as everyone doesn't pack big rollerboards, we should be fine. If that works for you. I have surprising amounts of space in the boot, but I haven't loaded it for 4 adult weekenders before.

I'll have +2 people coming with me!

Cigar city is one of the best breweries in the country, and I'd love to be able to contribute this way.

I will also be bringing other craft beers hard to find outside of Florida and Georgia, but this seemed like a cool opportunity.

There aren't any current plans for photo ops within the convention. I believe that George isn't doing posed photos during his signings, but the party may be different. Parris would be the definitive source on whether he would be happy to do this or not.

On the other side of things, the craft beers sound wonderful.

Where in Jersey?

I'm in south jersey. I have some friends in DC, but honestly, this far out, I haven't put much thought into where I'm staying.

I drive a 4 door MINI and I pack light, so as long as everyone doesn't pack big rollerboards, we should be fine. If that works for you. I have surprising amounts of space in the boot, but I haven't loaded it for 4 adult weekenders before.

I'm also coming from South Jersey (with a fairly large vehicle) and I'm willing to carpool.

I plan to leave Friday morning - if anyone wants to hop in the Pilot let me know. I can fit 4 additional folks and have plenty of room for luggage.

And I already have my room worked out (Thanks, Bex :wub: ) so I'll be headed for the Con Hotel. Of course, dropping folks off along the way should not be a problem.

ETA: I always have plenty of room for craft beer. :cheers:

Archived