Cyanide's upcoming ASOIAF computer game

I played that Westeros mod for Crusader Kings, and I played Medieval 2 Total War:Westeros mod.

And I played this AGOT: Genesis game. Unfortunately, for Cyanide, their game just doesn't feel right. In M2TW, I enjoyed playing, large armies, some diplomacy - it's fun to play, and it made me spend hours playing that mod. CK has some problems, hopefully CK2 will bring improvements.

As for AGOT: Genesis, it had to be better. It just does not feel right. If someone made a mod for Settlers VI, it would look much better than this.

• 2 weeks later...

hey all.

I played this game and i liked it. being able to play previous time to a game of thrones was awesome

In fact i liked the campaign so much that im replaying it and doing recording as I go, which is more of a how to pass on expert. with gameplay notes and my thoughts on ASOIAF thoughts.

Here is the link to the first video

and yes there will be an awesome surprise video at the end of the series for ASOIAF fans

Enjoy ^_^

Just came across this gem here:

I think the main problem is the same as with ADWD: folks expected something that was never promised nor intended to be done. Cyanide did a strategy game in the ASOIAF universe, period. They did not make an interactive version of the books, period.

Regarding ADWD, folks expected a good book - period. Regarding Cyanide, a good game - period. Seems these expectations were thwarted on both accounts. Always those unreasonable expectations, eh? People nowadays..

Btw, here's a link for your viewing pleasure - gamespot, one of the largest games sites out there, reviewed it and gave it a 5.0, mediocre. It is just a bad game... wait for it.. - period.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/a-game-of-thrones-genesis/index.html?tag=result%3Btitle%3B0

Ive just read some of the newer comments, now that i have played the game myself, i have my thoughts. I have played countless, RTS games over the years. This game had some interesting ideas, solid history and info, about the universe of ASOIAF. But thats where anything good, that can be said about stops. It just feel like, after the success of the show, they felt they had to rush it out the door. Either through their own miscalculations, or from outside pressure.

I would gladly spend money on ASOIAF products, as a gamer have been dying for a video game experience. This did not succeed in either being a good RTS or even just a fun experience at all. for me at least.

Just came across this gem here:

Regarding ADWD, folks expected a good book - period. Regarding Cyanide, a good game - period. Seems these expectations were thwarted on both accounts. Always those unreasonable expectations, eh? People nowadays..

Btw, here's a link for your viewing pleasure - gamespot, one of the largest games sites out there, reviewed it and gave it a 5.0, mediocre. It is just a bad game... wait for it.. - period.

http://www.gamespot....ult%3Btitle%3B0

In fairness, people really expected exceptional books and games.

In fairness, people really expected exceptional books and games.

Of course, I did as well - at least regarding the book. Publication of the new George Martin is (or was now, after Dance) something else than than the new Sanderson, Goodkind etc. I guess everybody hoped there would be a return to the brilliance of the first three books. Alas, this was not to be.

The game now, I didn't have any specific expectation except that they better not mess it up. Which they did, unfortunately.

Of course, I did as well - at least regarding the book. Publication of the new George Martin is (or was now, after Dance) something else than than the new Sanderson, Goodkind etc. I guess everybody hoped there would be a return to the brilliance of the first three books. Alas, this was not to be.

The game now, I didn't have any specific expectation except that they better not mess it up. Which they did, unfortunately.

Honestly, I think AFFC and ADWD are still ahead of the pack. But that's opinion.

• 2 months later...

I would be EXTREMELY careful before purchasing ANY product developed by Cyanide OR published by Focus Interactive - they will release an incredibly sub-par product, fail to communicate with the fanbase and community and to salt your wounds will then refuse to fix, update or offer any type of support to the product after taking your money.

I felt I should warn people before they shell out their hard earned cash on ANYTHING these publishers and developers chug out into the market.

Xbox 360 owners got shafted BADLY, PC owners didnt fair much better with their incarnation of the classic tabletop game Bloodbowl.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Especially when there are so many real video game companies out there that could do it justice. Like, you know, Sega. Or Ubisoft. All of which would probably out-do Cyanide.

Bethesda FTW.

Surely huge frosted mountains with giants protecting their mammoths and undead wights with glowing blue eyes must have sparked a blasted lightbulb somewhere with someone.

Dammit I cant believe they sold the rights to Cyanide what an utter waste.

Gah.

• 4 months later...

You can download this from Amazon for only $4.99, which from the sound of it is about what it's worth. I almost want to buy it because that is really damn cheap, but it looks like it's really, really bad. Yea, nay?

I don't know how long this deal is going to last, either. It's still $39.99 on Steam.

You can download this from Amazon for only $4.99, which from the sound of it is about what it's worth. I almost want to buy it because that is really damn cheap, but it looks like it's really, really bad. Yea, nay?

I don't know how long this deal is going to last, either. It's still $39.99 on Steam.

do you know walls? i mean those things that are not meant to entertain someone, now go find a wall and look at it for a hour, if this doesn't entertain you then don't waste your money on that game, it isn't even a decent screensaver.

Archived