Aussies LIV

Confalume

Hope I'm not standing on any toes but here goes another Aussie thread.

Lyrics from the most Aussie bloke ever. John Williamson. This song is just beautiful. Carn the Aussie Bush.

I just love this song.

Galleries of pink galahs,

Crystal nights with diamond stars,

Apricots preserved in jars,

That's my home.

Land of oceans in the sun,

Purple hazes, river gum,

Breaks your heart when rain won't come,

It breaks your heart.

It takes a harsh and cruel drought

To sort the weaker saplings out,

It makes room for stronger trees

Maybe that's what life's about.

Winter's come, the hills are brown,

Shops are closed, the blinds are down.

Everybody's leaving town,

They can't go on.

The south wind through verandah gauze

Whines and bangs the homestead doors.

A mother curses dusty floors,

And feels alone.

Trucks and bulk bins filled with rust,

Boy leaves home to make a crust.

A father's dreams reduced to dust,

But he must go on.

Tortured red gums - unashamed,

Sunburnt country wisely named.

Chisel-ploughed and wire-claimed,

But never, never, never tamed.

Whirlwind swirls a paper high,

Same old news of further dry.

Of broken clouds just passing by,

That's my home.

Cheers, Confalume.

All toes intact, mate. :)

You qualify to open this thread in the time honoured tradition simply on account of your Aussieness.

Also, Browny is back on deck and I'm therefore in a charitable mood. ;)

Yay new thread!

Speaking of which, HBO has released new house t-shirts!!! MARTELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL - I'm so getting one and it's yellow which makes it perfect for Sunday night netball. Not like Targaryen which I tried to pass off as black, but got penalised a point on Monday night netball. Boooo.

Love Jonathan Brown. But not as much as David Hille.

x

Yay new thread!

Speaking of which, HBO has released new house t-shirts!!! MARTELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL - I'm so getting one and it's yellow which makes it perfect for Sunday night netball. Not like Targaryen which I tried to pass off as black, but got penalised a point on Monday night netball. Boooo.

Love Jonathan Brown. But not as much as David Hille.

x

Oh I need a Martell shirt!! And the needle one (although did they have to make the best design white?)

All toes intact, mate. :)

You qualify to open this thread in the time honoured tradition simply on account of your Aussieness.

Also, Browny is back on deck and I'm therefore in a charitable mood. ;)

It's going to be massive the difference Browny will make for your mob. Love the guy.

So, any of you been planking lately? ;)

It's going to be massive the difference Browny will make for your mob. Love the guy.

So, any of you been planking lately? ;)

Browny in + McGrath and Drummond out = Stubby is pessimistic.

No planking here, but maybe St Kilda are tanking.

Browny in + McGrath and Drummond out = Stubby is pessimistic.

No planking here, but maybe St Kilda are tanking.

Not too sure who can stop Browny from the Roos - but no Drummond is definitely an issue.

No tanking there, they're just plain shit :D

That's just the Poms stropping because they got shafted harder than us. The bus left a long time ago.

Most likely - but it does leave a very small door open. After all, if the "allegations" are proven to be true, they are in a tough position whether they leave it with Qatar or reconsider the other candidates.

Even if the glimmer of hope is as faint as a piece of glitter on the end of Blatter's nose - standing 100m away, I will keep my fingers crossed. :angry2:

Come on the only way anyone gets the world cup is with massive bribes, Australia doesn't do business that way, well not officially anyway.

If you think that they will change the venue because some of them got caught then your mad, the others have still been bought and paid for.

HBO has released new house t-shirts!!! MARTELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL - I'm so getting one and it's yellow which makes it perfect for Sunday night netball. Not like Targaryen which I tried to pass off as black, but got penalised a point on Monday night netball. Boooo.

Thanks for the heads up. Martell's words are awesome! The Khal and Khaleesi shirts are cool too, though I can't see myself wearing one and answering the inevitable question, "well, she's this 13 year old orphan who's sexually assaulted by her brother and sold to this tough guy who rapes her every night ..." :stillsick: something gets lost in the translation!

so mail forwarder + paypal account = I finally got the hbo shop to accept my order :)

Now I just need to do the same for the uk hbo shop - they have better glasses and I want the pink needle shirt, and then hide the credit card statement I guess.

love to hear what you think of the stein brook!

mine arrived but i am a bit disappointed with quality - they are very thin

am also :bang: that i didnt trigger they wre the girly fitted t's...would have got a mens one otherwise. mine fit...but i am not the most comfortable with how they look. the arryn one (my fave of the bunch) is going to have to be relegated to the house because they are not boob friendly (shwulfie, brook) and so the round design kinda looks more like a an egg on the side and really just terrible :blushing: (shut up ski)

but i do so love my original lanni and stark ones :wub:

I haven't ordered the stein yet, still need to start looking for a uk based forwarder.

I got a size up for the shirts so I'm hoping they'll fit ok. If not well I hardly leave the house anyway so it probably doesn't matter what they look like.

Plus I've got to do another order to get Nat's birthday pressie so if they don't look good that gives me an excuse to buy more...

Come on the only way anyone gets the world cup is with massive bribes, Australia doesn't do business that way, well not officially anyway.

I would disagree. The IOC has been shown to be as equally corrupt (if not more) and we've hosted an Olympic game or 2 have we not?

I swear there is not another football team in the universe that can switch from useless to brilliant as quickly as the tigers. Now I'm just hoping they don't decide to go back to useless in the next 6 minutes.

Couldn't be any more useless than the Bulldogs :crying:

I know the Raiders had to win a game at some point, but I wish it wasn't last night...

At least Freo and Claremont won :D

I dunno, at least you guys had the excuse that the raiders actually played well. Penrith were as terrible as we were.

Archived