Aussies LIV

Confalume

Are we on a new thread yet? How do I know? Will somebody tell me?

Not until we hit 400, Luce.

Incidentally, one side effect of my new status as a diabetic is that I have lost some weight - and now my GoT T-Shirt fits me properly! Silver linings and all that. :)

adam, the cockies were going nuts out our way over the weekend. There was a whole flock of the black ones stripping the honkey nuts off every gum tree in sight for the whole day Saturday.

Congrats on getting a GRRM signed copy! I would have thought the bookstores would hold on to them and try to sell them for more? Who did you buy yours through? I ordered mine from Amazon (US), the tracking system is just great, it left New Jersey on the 14th and hasn't been seen since, it's probably coming by carrier pigeon. A very large and sturdy carrier pigeon.

Well, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks! I imagine George signed so many of them that there wouldn't be such a high demand to pay extra for it. I ordered mine through the book depository UK way back in September 2009 I think it was. I wanted a UK version so I wouldn't be bugged by the US spelling. Had no problem returning my falling apart copy back to BigW, easy refund, v happy!

G'day Aussies, I'll be in your time zone (well, the eastern side at least) in a couple of days! Looking forward to family, friends, footy in Geelong and tucking into a Parma :D

I am actually hoping to be woken up by a Kooka at least once. Pretty silly, but that's what seven years away will to do ya.

Welcome back :cheers:

Are you back permanently or just for holidays?

SO Pax... are you spilling the beans??

I think he is ashamed to say that he has finally caved and decided to be an Academic. :P

I'm applying for grad positions next year '13 but DFAT seems most intimidating out of the government lot.

Awesome. Feel free to drop me a PM when you're applying and I might be able to give you some advice - I applied at around ten federal government departments this year so know the process pretty well now.

How did the interview go, Pax?

It was a pretty tough day. I'm legally barred from saying what the group exercise was about but suffice to say it involved an issue that I sometimes have trouble debating without emotion...

And the interview itself was quite hard since there was no positive signals (nodding/smiling) from the interviewers. Will have to see how it goes now - don't find out until next month.

G'day Aussies, I'll be in your time zone (well, the eastern side at least) in a couple of days! Looking forward to family, friends, footy in Geelong and tucking into a Parma :D

Have a great trip Adam :cheers:.

OK Pax, inquiring minds want to know - which job did you accept? :cheers:

I went for the Sydney job. Was one of the toughest decisions I've ever had to make but in the end APRA was the one that "felt" right. Financial systems have always been my thing so in many ways it was a natural choice. And hey, I can always apply for more generalist Canberra jobs later in life if it doesn't work out.

Incidentally, one side effect of my new status as a diabetic is that I have lost some weight - and now my GoT T-Shirt fits me properly! Silver linings and all that. :)

Nice one Stubs :thumbsup:.

I think he is ashamed to say that he has finally caved and decided to be an Academic. :P

Never!

And finally three things:

1. About time!

2. Disappointing.

3. Still haven't read ADWD!

ETA: I'm still devastated after the Derby :frown5:.

-snip-

I went for the Sydney job. Was one of the toughest decisions I've ever had to make but in the end APRA was the one that "felt" right. Financial systems have always been my thing so in many ways it was a natural choice. And hey, I can always apply for more generalist Canberra jobs later in life if it doesn't work out.

-snip-

1. About time!

-snip-

Excellent stuff, mate. Even if it does mean that the Perth BwB will be reduced. I guess we still have Harry, though. :unsure:

Even a slightly watered down proposal is a good thing for the gaming codes. The NSW Minister showed how much of a gutless wonder he is by abstaining. He'd rather represent his people by refusing to represent his people to pander to an interest group. :rolleyes:

"Under the proposed guidelines, games containing high-level violence will be restricted to adults, while games containing extreme violence will continue to be refused classification and banned from sale altogether."

So does this mean we still won't get Mortal Kombat? I'm so sick of this nanny state bullshit.

:rofl:

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. :cheers: Of course all of that fretting will have been for nought when you're offered that DFAT job! ;)

Even a slightly watered down proposal is a good thing for the gaming codes. The NSW Minister showed how much of a gutless wonder he is by abstaining. He'd rather represent his people by refusing to represent his people to pander to an interest group. :rolleyes:

It's Barry O'Farrell. I don't think he's done that great of a job, notice the only thing he is in the media for is the whole NSW Public Service wage dispute, but well, it was either him or another 4 years of Labor.

Canberra is the land of very cold winters but lots of public holidays and opportunities to move up on the ladder. On the other hand, welcome to Sydney.

snip...

...snip....

3. Still haven't read ADWD!

Congrats Pax!

and I'm almost at AFFC in my re=read ( and jeez Jorah comes across as a stalker on the book- the TV show makes mim less slimy)

and jeez Jorah comes across as a stalker on the book- the TV show makes mim less slimy

The tv show makes him way too sexy that is why - which is totally not something I want to complain about!

Archived