NO SPOILERS: Would anyone else like to see a GRRM cameo

The Fan

I think GRRM should appear onscreen in the HBO GoT series, the classic author cameo. (S2 if he isn't already in S1 somewhere)

George has a pretty interesting look, and it seems that not only would it be a great easter egg in the show to see, but also an honor to him, and he could fit in somewhere.

I have looked around interviews, So Spaketh's, Not a Blog, and quite a bit of this site and seen no mention of either his desire (or undesire) to do this. This thread and this mention it, but I think more should be said.

So, please post any further info you might have (links?) OR what scene you think would fit well (role?)

My choice? (putting into spoiler tags, even though it's really not, just in case)

One of the Alchemists/pyromancers in King's Landing? How great would that be?

George filmed a cameo in the pilot, at the manse in Pentos as a magister, but that was cut and there wasn't any other opportunity to get him into a scene. He's not opposed to it, obviously. Not only did he film that one, but he made a couple of appearances in Beauty & the Beast.

Some random maester or pyromancer could work. Or if they keep that scene, as one of the Pureborn of Qarth.

George filmed a cameo in the pilot, at the manse in Pentos as a magister, but that was cut and there wasn't any other opportunity to get him into a scene. He's not opposed to it, obviously. Not only did he film that one, but he made a couple of appearances in Beauty & the Beast.

Some random maester or pyromancer could work. Or if they keep that scene, as one of the Pureborn of Qarth.

I did see murmur of a cameo in the pilot but could not turn up anything solid. If it was cut, that might be even a better reason to tuck him in somewhere downstream.

Qarthian Pureborn would be excellent as well.

i would be disappointed if Craster was played by anyone who isn't a trained actor.

Agreed, and I don't believe George would want anything more than a few moments of screen time, maybe one line, or a word.

Wisdom Martin, the wildfire acolyte, felt like a fun fit. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

I think he should be a Wight. One that kills one of the Night's Watch, but is also re-killed by one of our named characters from the NW.

Maester Cressen needs to have a solid performance in the opening scene of aCoK. I think that cameo should be of a known actor. That one scene sets things up for a large part of the whole season.

Since GRRM has said that the scene in Pentos involved way too many takes and way too much standing, I think a great choice would be the prologue of ACOK. He could be one of the lords sworn to Dragonstone - perhaps Celtigar. He gets to sit and has a tankard in front of him for between takes. But Celtigar is old enough to not personally go anywhere with Stannis. And nobody would really miss him if he didn't appear in Joffrey's court at the end. But it is nice to use an extra in a minor role that you know you can find down the road if you want to use the same one again. Though if they want to use Celtigar with actual lines and stuff, he could just be a maester or steward accompanying Celtigar or some other lord sworn to Dragonstone.

Why is this a non-spoiler thread? It isn't much fun if you don't actually talk about what scene you want him to play.

Archived