[BOOK SPOILERS] Opening Credit Graphics

Ser Scot A Ellison

A kind kind friend has loaned me their recordings of the first four episodes of GOT. In watching the opening credits I notice that the fly around map has the look of the inside of a sphere with the sun moving overhead. Could this have some implication regarding the magic that affects the seasons in Westeros? Is the world of ASOIAF the inside of a Dyson Sphere? Are the opening credit graphics just a stylistic choice or are their implications for the larger mythology of the book series in the way the world is depicted?

Just in case...

There is also a "behind the scenes" sort of short extra on-demand that discusses how the opening sequence was done, and very specifically he says "the inside of a large sphere...".

Dyson wasn't mentioned, but that would (seemingly) fit what is orbiting the astrolabe.

Well, because the interview states that GRRM had nothing to do with the title sequence suggests this has no impact on the overall mythos. I just sounds like it was a cool way to give viewers a feel for the alien world they will be seeing for the next hour.

What I am curious about is if the globe will change from season to season. what I mean by this is that if you look closely to it, you can see brass etchings of events, ie the conquest and robert's rebbellion. I am wondering if they will have brass etchings of events that happen in the series? ie, dany and the dragons and the general thing about the war of the 5 kings?

Archived