Submit your craziest, most crackpot conspiracy theories

Theon Greyboy

I'll start.

Tysha is the Sailor's Wife.

Recall, the Sailor's Wife is a Braavosi prostitute who only sleeps with men who "marry" her. Of course, these aren't formal marriages - the custom itself is fairly meaningless, with the Sailor's Wife sometimes "marrying" 3 or 4 men a night.

Alright. So, we have a lady-of-the-night with morals a bit above than your average lady-of-the-night. So what?

Take a look at this passage.

The other whores said that the Sailor’s Wife visited the Isle of the Gods on the days when her flower was in bloom, and knew all the gods who lived there, even the ones that Braavos had forgotten. They said she went to pray for her first husband, her true husband, who had been lost at sea when she was a girl no older than Lanna.

A lost teenage love, and a spouse at that. If you recall correctly, there's another character who experienced something similar: Tyrion Lannister. Initially, Tyrion believed that Tysha was a whore hired by Jaime just so that our favorite dwarf could lose his virginity - but we learn from Jaime in ASOS that this was not the case, and that Tysha genuinely loved Tyrion. Furthermore, just before killing Tywin, Tyrion learns that her location is currently unknown.

Another key aspect of this passage is that the Sailor's Wife knows all of the gods, even the forgotten ones - and if she is Tysha, a Westerosi native, she would surely know the Seven, who are no longer actively worshipped in Essos.

It gets better.

The Sailor's Wife also happens to have a 15-year-old daughter... with long golden hair.

And there you have it. The Sailor's Wife is Tysha, and Tyrion has a bastard daughter.

Your turn.

I can't claim credit for this one, but:

Lady Merryweather is Varys.

Hahaha, that theory is both horrible and hilarious to contemplate.

But apparently someone already asked that question to GRRM at a convention, and he answered that no, they weren't the same people. I'm actually baffled people would ask such a question, but at least it makes for general hilarity.

Tyrion is born in 274 which is established by the ages of Oberyn and Elia Martell when they visit Casterly Rock right after his birth. Reference: ASOS Tyrion V (433)

Tyrion is 13 when he marries Tysha which means that takes place in 287.

It would be the year 300 when The Sailor's Wife is described as having a 15 year old daughter.

Its a good theory but you're 2 years off. Of course it could be that she is lying about her daughter's age or whoever was talking about it just got their facts wrong.

So while it is a little crackpot its still a thousand leagues away from Nightflyer territory.

Not quite cuckoo:

- Cersei was trying to poison Tyrion with the pie, but got Joffrey by accident (quite a popular theory prior to Cersei's POV in AFFC).

- Varys was deliberately driving Aerys mad in order to hatch a dragon egg via wildfire.

Getting there:

- Jaime and Cersei are Aerys' kids via Joanna. Tyrion is Tywin's only true child, and when Aerys orders Jaime to bring him his father's head, he was merely following orders.

- Coldhands is Bloodraven.

Genuinely mad:

- Ned + Lyanna = Jon.

- Ned swapped places with a Faceless Man prior to execution, and is still alive.

- The population of Westeros is actually only seven. Everyone in the story is a Faceless Man.

Robert Baratheon swapped places with a Faceless Man before dying. Basically, he paid a FM to take his place in the hunt and deliberately get gored by the boar.

Robert is alive and well, wandering the Free Cities with only his hammer at his back.

Home, sweet home.

I'm fairly new to the site, but I think i'm already establish myself as "the guy wit the crazy/unrealistic/out of this world insane theories". In my defense, all the good ones have been discussed here for a decade, so there is no room for new theories(at least not sane ones).

My top 5 personal theories:

1. Just NO!

The seasons, the long night, a very harsh winter can all be explained by a out of sync planetary orbit, caused by a second moon leaving orbit and being obliterated by the sun. The planetary poles will switch places(180 degree turn), the sun will rise from the west, and the planet will stabilize its orbit at a safe distance from the sun, the land having a continuous summer(end of series)

2. Crazy as Hell.

There is a AA and a PTWP.

Jon(or Bran) is AA, will fight in the north against the Others.

PTWP is Dany and she'll fight in the South, against the FM, fallowers of R'hllor, and other bad guys

3. Not in this life time.

Rhaegar

Rhaegar somehow survived the fight(or died but brought to life by some monks)...although GRRM stated in one of his press conference that his body was cremated(didn't knew I had to read those as well before entering 'theory land')

He washed ashore on a small island(the one Brienne and the Hound both 'visited')

Now he is known as the Elder Brother(has healing powers)

4. At least at crazy status.

Ice is Lightbringer.

-touched water...used to kill a man with ice in his blood, Ned

-reforged as double swords

-one will be used to kill a Lann(lion)...probably by Brienne(since GRRM stated that her POV have been moved to WOW, we can assume she's still alive, or as UnBrienne...God, I hope not)

-reforged again, as Ice. Used by AA(Jon) to hurt someone he loves.

the end.

5. Crap, I can't think about another one I've posted around here right now, so I'll have to create one on the spot.

Dawn is Lightbringer.

-Tywin gave Payne Dawn in exchange for Ice

-now Payne and Jaime are in the Riverlands...if he dies someone on Jon's side will take the sword(Red, Blackfish, UnCat, Brienne, etc)

-the two swords who were made with the steel from Ice will return to their owners: Rickon and Bran

Jon will receive Dawn after he gives Jorah his father's sword back

If Ashara D is his mother, it will be fitting for him to wield the sword of the Daynes.

If R+L=Jon, Jon wielding Dawn will again be fitting. Arthur Dayne was ordered to protect the young prince. Now that he is dead, his sword will help the prince in battle, even if he can't anymore.

The end.

PS: in regard with the OP, I don't think is very var-fetched(especially compared to my theories :)).

If the age of the young girl is not 13, it can be possible. Especially since Tyrion is in the area, and he will probably want to visit the establishments if he'll pass through Braavos to take a ship and sail to Dany.

1. Just NO!

The seasons, the long night, a very harsh winter can all be explained by a out of sync planetary orbit, caused by a second moon leaving orbit and being obliterated by the sun. The planetary poles will switch paces(180 degree turn), the sun will rise from the west, and the planet will stabilize its orbit at a safe distance from the sun, the land having a continuous summer(end of series)

GRRM stated (somewhere) that the changing of the seasons is purely magickal. Remember in Game of Thrones when Bran "flew" for the first (and so far only) time, and peered into the north and saw...something? Because of that and because of GRRM's word, I'd attribute a long winter to some nefarious being (or force, or beings, or event). I'm pretty sure any crackpot theory regarding planetary axis, orbits, or whatnot and season changes has already been disproved.

Ned and Eddard and brothers

There's two of them!

Reminds me of 'Allo 'Allo where they faked René's executiion, so he spent the rest of the series pretending to be his own twin brother... also called René.

GRRM stated (somewhere) that the changing of the seasons is purely magickal. Remember in Game of Thrones when Bran "flew" for the first (and so far only) time, and peered into the north and saw...something? Because of that and because of GRRM's word, I'd attribute a long winter to some nefarious being (or force, or beings, or event). I'm pretty sure any crackpot theory regarding planetary axis, orbits, or whatnot and season changes has already been disproved.

Aham. So you are saying that i'm wrong because a comatose kid had a dream about something...that looked magical in nature?!?

I understand now. How did I missed at first?!?

Anyway, I put it in the 'Just no!' section, and I know how crazy it is. And some people already explained why it's not possible, using a lot more than a very vague dream.

Aham. So you are saying that i'm wrong because a comatose kid had a dream about something...that looked magical in nature?!?

I understand now. How did I missed at first?!?

Anyway, I put it in the 'Just no!' section, and I know how crazy it is. And some people already explained why it's not possible, using a lot more than a very vague dream.

No. I'm saying you're wrong because GRRM said you're wrong, which is quite enough. I included the part about Bran's dream because it provides an alternative crackpot season changing theory that's supportable in that it fits everything in the book and everything GRRM has said thus far.

1) Arthur Dayne+Lyanna=Jon

Arthur Dayne gets mentioned a lot, but really hasn't done anything particularly important. I figure that this is the reason he's been brought up so much: he's Jon's dad. Plus, he was with Rhaegar all the time up until Rhaegar left for the trident, which is why people think it was Rhaegar that took Lyanna. Finally, He stayed at the ToJ because Lyanna was pregnant with his child.

2)There was a dragon under Winterfell. It is the source of Winterfell's hotsprings. Also, there was a line from Summer's PoV about some big flying lizard or something coming out of Winterfell's ruins.

3) Quentyn Martell is Prince Aegon.

Archived