[TV/BOOK SPOILERS] Question about a scene that might be in the finale...

kingof7

First of all, hi all, this is my first post! Hope I did the spoiler tags and everything correctly. Let me know if I didn't.

Spoilers:

For Dany's big stormborn scene that I assume will be in episode 10, how do you guys think they will film it?

1. Hair burned fully off or just singed/smoldering locks?

2. Graphic nudity or obscured by soot/burnt clothes remnants?

3. Dragons.. will they look good as cg or not? Your thoughts...

Excited to see what you guys think. :)

Sorry, but I'm afraid they didn't cast any dragons this season. Maybe next year.

Hey, I auditioned, but my breath wasn't hot enough for them...

But wouldn't Dany breastfeeding the dragons be kind of sodomy? Would they show it? - I just thought about it, while reading in some review of the recent episode, that HBO is trying to break all TV taboos with one series.

Hey, I auditioned, but my breath wasn't hot enough for them...

But wouldn't Dany breastfeeding the dragons be kind of sodomy? Would they show it? - I just thought about it, while reading in some review of the recent episode, that HBO is trying to break all TV taboos with one series.

Well they had a rather old kid seemingly breastfeeding from a woman, as far as TV goes I'd say that's a giant step ahead of CG dragon on woman breastfeeding. So I don't think they would hesitate on that. But I wouldn't put it past them to obscure the full nudity with ash, soot, or some kind of remnants of burnt clothing.

Well they had a rather old kid seemingly breastfeeding from a woman, as far as TV goes I'd say that's a giant step ahead of CG dragon on woman breastfeeding. So I don't think they would hesitate on that. But I wouldn't put it past them to obscure the full nudity with ash, soot, or some kind of remnants of burnt clothing.

Maybe or maybe not - they showed enough in the first episodes, so it would not be a great thing. In the books I imagined Dany always as straight nude, so it will depend on what they think will look more impressive or would more fit the TV scene for them ;) - just one month to go.

Maybe or maybe not - they showed enough in the first episodes, so it would not be a great thing. In the books I imagined Dany always as straight nude, so it will depend on what they think will look more impressive or would more fit the TV scene for them ;) - just one month to go.

I guess it would probably depend more on whether the actress is willing to do full frontal, which very few seem willing to do obviously. And yeah I agree, the book seems clear that it's straight nude.

I'm more curious to see how they handle the burnt hair issue, whether she goes full Andre Agassi or if they just singe up her beautiful hair (wig). :)

I like the idea of her hair not being fully burned away, at least that's how i thought of it when it happened in the book.

Full frontal, eh maybe, depends on the actress,director. I could see them doing a side shot or something like that.

Same with Breat feeding. That could look pretty goofy, may be a better idea just to have them roaring.

I like the idea of her hair not being fully burned away, at least that's how i thought of it when it happened in the book.

Full frontal, eh maybe, depends on the actress,director. I could see them doing a side shot or something like that.

Same with Breat feeding. That could look pretty goofy, may be a better idea just to have them roaring.

What makes me think they won't do that is that they used that technique with Dany in the premiere episode. People might start complaining that they are watering down the sexuality of the books if they start using some technique like that every time nudity is called for.

I hope they do show her walking out with the three dragons draped around her as described in the book with no hair at all. I think they will be able to - if they choose - go a fully nude scene tastefully so that it is obvious everything she was wearing got burned off.

Course...with what they showed last night, they may just have the clothes burned away and no change to her hair at all.

Yah, also worried about how the dragons will look as well. There isn't any behind the scenes material on this, is there?

As for her hair, I vote for wholly gone. That, of course, means she'll be gone "down there" as well (sorry for TMI).

They can do it tastefully. I mean, there's this image from the 2009 calendar:

LINK

Yah, also worried about how the dragons will look as well. There isn't any behind the scenes material on this, is there?

As for her hair, I vote for wholly gone. That, of course, means she'll be gone "down there" as well (sorry for TMI).

They can do it tastefully. I mean, there's this image from the 2009 calendar:

LINK

Since you brought it up, I did assume that is the very reason they didn't do full frontal with Dany's premiere scene, one assumes Emilia is groomed in a modern way, shall I say? Perhaps the burning off of all her hair gives them an opportunity for it.

Anyway, yeah the dragons worry me too, but I will say the CG in the opening sequence gives me major hope, they seemed to hire an outstanding team for effects.

Gotta take off all of her hair, no question. If Natalie Portman can do it in V for Vendetta then Emilia Clarke can do it for GoT. None of these tacky looking bald caps. The real deal.

On the full frontal score I don't care. The scene will be powerful enough with the hair gone and the dragons nursing on her breast. Showing full frontal is neither necessary or unnecessary. But whatever they do it's gotta be to maximise the dramatic potential of the scene. It's gonna be the biggest draw to bring people back for season 2 if done right. If done wrong it'll be a major turn off.

question though, doesn't dany have hair by the time clash of kings start though, well when you get to her chapters that is.

Though I don't mind the full frontal, I want to see all the smoke and fire and ash that I viewed it as. I am sure it will be as awesome as we imagined it.

I have always assumed the visual image is something akin to the Botticelli Venus emerging from the clamshell, it *IS* afterall a rebirth/birth moment.

As far as Emilia going the "full Portman" and shaving her head, she's done recent publicity work for the show, and appeared to have a fairly full head of hair, so I'd be surprised if she actually shaved her head.

Ultimately, it will most likely be done as dramtically as possible (as another poster noted, this is the shot that needs to bring people back for next season) and will likely harken back to her descent into the hot bath in the first episode for a bookend effect.

As to whether it's "full frontal" or not, it doesn't really matter so long as how they shoot it conveys the metaphor of being stripped bare by the flames and reborn tabula rasa remains intact. I see nothing about that concept that DEMANDS full frontal.

I'd actually prefer if they kept her hair. They seem to be stressing more in the show that she might be immune to fire. I don't mind if her immunity includes her hair.

I thought that I had read an interview last week with the VFX group and they said that they weren't done creating the dragons. I can try to dig up the link.

2. Graphic nudity or obscured by soot/burnt clothes remnants?

Did you miss the first episode? The actress already did some pretty revealing nude scenes (just short of full frontal), so would would they skimp on that for the most dramatic scene of the season??? It makes no sense. Does this show really stay away from graphic nudity? :)

i think it would look really cheesy/80's fantasy novel cover to have dragons breast feeding from dany while she is fully nude. yes, it's in the books but imo it's one of those things that would look stupid on screen.

i think it would be cool if dany emerges from the fire (perfectly fine and unburnt) with her clothes still burning and holding the dragons while they are howling/roaring/whatever sound dragons make.

People might start complaining that they are watering down the sexuality of the books if they start using some technique like that every time nudity is called for.

lol i doubt people will complain about about hbo toning down the sex.

Did you miss the first episode? The actress already did some pretty revealing nude scenes (just short of full frontal), so would would they skimp on that for the most dramatic scene of the season??? It makes no sense. Does this show really stay away from graphic nudity? :)

Actually the only full frontal so far has been from one actress and one actor, that I noticed anyway. And I only mentioned the possibility of skimping on the nudity in that scene because it appeared as though in the pilot they were intentionally trying to limit Emilia's scene from slipping into full frontal. It made me wonder if perhaps the actress is not willing to go further than topless and rear nudity.

To the posters who made the point about the rebirth, I think that is exactly correct. I think the nudity is actually a metaphor for exactly that, born this time in a storm of flames rather than from a womb. :) So in that sense I disagree with those who say the nudity is not necessary, typically people are not born with tunics on. ;)

Archived